News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need help

Started by mikepmcs, April 01, 2006, 06:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Hey everyone,
23 years since I've owned a charger, finally got one back.
On my 69 Charger, under the oil pressure/ temp gauges on the back of the cluster there is a little round condensor looking thing with one wire coming off of it(flat male plug on end).  Someone please tell me where that wire hooks up to(it's only 3 inches but i'm trying to avoid removing the cluster).  Also there is a yellow wire in the back that is just not hooked up(it's broke and can't see the other end anywhere), by chance does anyone know what that yellow wire powers(cluster lights maybe?).
Oh yeah, not to press my luck but my headlight doors are not working, headlight switch looks good and all hoses look to be intact, can looks ok too. Anyone got any troubleshooting suggestions that might save me some time?
thanks for the help
r/
Mike

Report to moderator    70.33.228.74 

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

John_Kunkel

The round condensor looking thing is a condensor, it hooks to the instrument voltage regulator to dampen noise for the radio.

Yellow wires are usually used in the dome/courtesy light circuits.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Nacho-RT74

Yellow wire it could be door jam switches ground, and there plug dome light, map light and everything door opening related dirved by ground. Of course, both sides door switches must be arrived by this wire.

condensor plugs on central terminal slot of cluster voltage terminal... small rectangular box stuff plugged on to cluster circuit board, plugged on board with limiter itself

I don't know about hideaways.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

mikepmcs

thanks for the responses so far. 
anyone got any tips on them hideaways???
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

71_deputy

here is a diagram for them
make sure the ' T's " aren't broken by the pods, vac cansiter holds vac and no leaks
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

mikepmcs

thanks for the diagram.  pulled the can out today and yeah, well, i'll be starting there.  Anyone know where to get a vac can for my 69??
thanks for the help
r/Mike

71_deputy

not sure if they are after marketed????

back 20 years ago I made my own.

I carefully cut out the old valve unit out of the old one.

bought a tomato can of the same size, made a hole in the centre and enjoyed the juice with lots of PEPPER... mmmmmm , then cleaned it out reallll good.

then figured out how much of a hole I needed to get the old one in the hole then used two part expoxy to seal it!!!!!

John Mac
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

Winged 1

;D
Watch ebay. They are on there quite often. Any where from 50 to a hundred bucks depending on condition..
I would be afraid of used juice can rusting out from the inside, not to mention trying to get a good seal..
Eric

NZ68RT

Have a look at www.Dayclona.com they have a reproduction vacuum cannister on the Daytona parts page, $125
- 1968 Dodge Charger 440 R/T
- 1972 VH Valiant Charger ( Australian ) 360 4 speed
- 1967 Plymouth Barracuda Hardtop 273 auto

mikepmcs

They are pretty smart people to reproduce that thing.  It isn't the correct ribs in the can but really nice job none-the-less.  It cost me 2.09 to fix mine and I still have some Pineapple juice left over.
Sweeet!!!
Thanks for the link though
v/r
Mike