News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Charger Grille/Bumper Alignment (Grille Height) Query

Started by Skull-1, August 18, 2015, 10:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skull-1

Is the bottom grille chrome supposed to sit above the bumper?   Or to put it another way, is the front bumper supposed to wind up below the lower grill chrome?

My bumper is actually almost even with the lower grille chrome which doesn't look right to me.

Anyone know what I am after here?   Thanks in advance.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6231.0.html

1969 Dodge Charger "Ol' Yeller"
1991 Buick Regal Custom
1992 Buick Regal Custom
1995 Buick Regal Gran Sport
1996 Buick Regal SE (R.I.P.)

Lennard

The lower black plastic edge is supposed to be about even with the top of your bumper. If that makes any sense.

Skull-1

Quote from: Lennard on August 18, 2015, 10:48:07 AM
The lower black plastic edge is supposed to be about even with the top of your bumper. If that makes any sense.

So basically the trim should show clearly.

Which begs the question: Is the bumper sitting too high or is the grille too low?

I will take pictures when I get a chance for your review.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6231.0.html

1969 Dodge Charger "Ol' Yeller"
1991 Buick Regal Custom
1992 Buick Regal Custom
1995 Buick Regal Gran Sport
1996 Buick Regal SE (R.I.P.)

Lennard

If you are talking about the Charger in your avatar, the bumper sits to high.
I would loosen up the bumper bracket bolts on the body side and see if it has enough play to come down to where it is supposed to be.

Dino

Yep it's too high.  Take a look at the bolts on the fender corners and see if the fender lips are bent.  I had a little mishap a while back where one side was pushed up over an inch.  I just set my knee on it and pushed it back down.  You can remove the corner bolts and loosen the other bumper frame bolts and see if it comes down but be careful not to have the bumper rest on the grille lip or it's glue time!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.