News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What Happened to GYC ?

Started by ACUDANUT, August 20, 2015, 04:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

Was it a Flip/Flop or what ? Never made it to a regular channel.  Maybe Buzzard Beak choked. Sorry Stu, that boat sailed.

lukedukem

Their website says all new this fall. New crew all mopar. Here's their take on why the old crew departed ways

According to their April 2015 newsletter, Graveyard Carz explains why the change in crew: "Out of respect for everyone involved, we have remained quiet on the subject. The truth of the matter is our number one priority is getting customers cars done on-time, in perfect condition, and making a successful television show. So a change is what inevitably occurred. We thank the previous cast for all they have done but now it's time to look forward to the future."

I believe it will still be on velocity

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

hemi68charger

So, there hasn't been a "season" without the old crew and the new crew ( which includes his daughter, no? )... I was wondering why there aren't any new episodes on my recordings..

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

lukedukem

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 21, 2015, 04:59:13 PM
So, there hasn't been a "season" without the old crew and the new crew ( which includes his daughter, no? )... I was wondering why there aren't any new episodes on my recordings..

Correct. His daughter is on the new season. Here is an article about the upcoming season. He also continues to bash josh and Darren but not sure about their other side of the story. Some of the comments are a good read

http://www.racingjunk.com/news/2015/07/09/mark-worman-revs-up-a-newly-restod-graveyard-carz/

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

2592 creston

The new crew is actually finishing cars!!

lukedukem

Creston, do you know when the first episode will air?

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Homerr

Quote from: lukedukem on August 23, 2015, 08:47:18 AM
Creston, do you know when the first episode will air?

Luke

From the article: 
QuoteThe new season of Graveyard Carz "Season 4b" will premiere on Velocity on October 13th.

2592 creston

Quote from: 2592 creston on August 23, 2015, 05:41:46 AM

I take that back!!!!

Aero426

Quote from: 2592 creston on September 02, 2015, 09:22:43 AM
Quote from: 2592 creston on August 23, 2015, 05:41:46 AM

Tolley,
   Yeah I wish Things were better so I could at least drive the car,  Mark says car was fine when it left Oregon but will reimburse me for whatever it costs to take care of the problems .So I guess as long as he keeps his word its not the end of the world. But I don't get reimbursed for my time, I leave for work at 4:15 in the morning and don't get home until around 6pm so my home time is very valuable to me.(as it is with most of us) Here is a list of some of the problems!!

1.No brake lights , flashers,or turn  signals

2. headlight doors do not work

3. Exhaust is 2" to far back and bangs on the car when you hit a bump

4. No windshield washer nozzle on the drivers side

5. Missing paint on  cowl ( primer visible)

6. Dome light doesn't work when turned on by switch on dashboard

7 radio doesn't work

8. Left turn signal indicator on dash doesn't work

9. Gas gauge,oil pressure gauge not working properly ( I am hoping the temperature gauge is accurate so I don't let it overheat and cause damage to the engine)

10. There is a relay in the dash that is making a popping noise constantly,when it makes the noise the ammeter      .

jumps..  Not sure what this is all about?

11. Front windows don't roll down without putting extreme pressure on the crank

12. A lot of rattles in the entire car (and I've only driven it a mile to my buddies gas station and home.
  13. Engine has a few oil leaks

Hopefully there will not be to much added to the list after I get to drive it for a while!!!   

Guy

I take that back!!!!

Do they not use a simple checklist to verify things are working before shipping the car back to the customer? 

That is a significant list of things to sort out. 

303 Mopar

I have been following this build and am a fan of show because they focus on restoring Mopars.  This list is simply unacceptable for a top-dollar professional restoration.  Guy is handling this very well because I would be losing my mind.    :brickwall:
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

polywideblock

first the "rex charger " and now this   :scratchchin:  maybe they just don't like chargers

seems like "reality " is catching up with another "reality show "  :scratchchin:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

LaOtto70Charger

So he restored it a Friday car quality level?

2592 creston

So far Mark is helping remedy the issues... over nighted parts and sending more tomorrow...said he would reimburse all costs.

LaOtto70Charger

Overall very nice car!  Makes me drool for when I may get my burnt orange 70 repainted.

1974dodgecharger

Mark realized his show is failing vs gas monkey garage......or is he still mad he is not the face of dodge.  :icon_smile_big:

lukedukem

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on September 03, 2015, 05:29:26 AM
Mark realized his show is failing vs gas monkey garage......or is he still mad he is not the face of dodge:icon_smile_big:

I get that feeling too. i like both shows.

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

maxwellwedge

From what I can see - Overall - not a bad stab at the engine detailing - I would paint the check valve on the brake booster black......very common resto mistake not painting that. Also - many don't paint the power steering cap black either.....another common mistake.
Happy they got the battery cables and battery hold-down right. Looks like some thought and research went into the details.  :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

Speaking of Gas Monkey. Why did Richard put so much money into a 74 Plymouth RR. ?  Personally, I would have chosen a 71/72.  :Twocents:

2592 creston

Put the part Mark sent me in today all lights that werent working fixed  passed inspection...I gotta say Mark has stepped up to the plate on this he has sent me parts overnight..talked to me constantly on the phone and actually called my mechanic and spoke to him for an hour sent schematics and told him to fix all problems at GYC cost....He even offered to pay for my time that I am taking to remedy the problems..... The rest of the car is beautiful and it shows the work they put in... While mark and myself dont see eye to eye all the time he still is doing the right thing!!

hawkeye

Mark realized his show is failing vs gas monkey garage......or is he still mad he is not the face of dodge.  :icon_smile_big:

Mark does it because he really loves Mopars, Richard does it for the money and publicity.   :Twocents:

Homerr

Quote from: hawkeye on September 03, 2015, 07:02:11 PM

Mark does it because he really loves Mopars and publicity, Richard does it for the money and publicity.   :Twocents:

fixed

303 Mopar

Quote from: 2592 creston on September 03, 2015, 05:41:21 PM

Put the part Mark sent me in today all lights that werent working fixed  passed inspection...I gotta say Mark has stepped up to the plate on this he has sent me parts overnight..talked to me constantly on the phone and actually called my mechanic and spoke to him for an hour sent schematics and told him to fix all problems at GYC cost....He even offered to pay for my time that I am taking to remedy the problems..... The rest of the car is beautiful and it shows the work they put in... While mark and myself dont see eye to eye all the time he still is doing the right thing!!

Good to hear.  Still should have not had all of these issues if he took the time to go through the car and shake it down.  But I like that he is jumping in to help remedy the situation.   :2thumbs:
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

2592 creston

Most issues sorted out took it on its first highway run yesterday....ran great even with the extreme heat in the northeast.....taking it easy for a while then I will push it a little!!