News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Timmycharger's 68 Resto

Started by timmycharger, August 21, 2015, 07:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmycharger

The seats were pretty rough, ended up picking up a set of Legendary covers, was able to save the stuffing for the rear seat, but added some thick gauge wire to stiffen it up a bit.

timmycharger

:2thumbs:

68pplcharger

Nice... that build is happening at warp speed...  :o Looking good :2thumbs:

timmycharger

I wish! these pics cover a 13 year span, I just got around to posting them.  :icon_smile_big:

A shot of the car on the flatbed getting a new vinyl top. I did it once, was not going to do it again, my wrists and thumbs still hurt.  :RantExplode:

timmycharger

Restored the wiring harness and the dash.

timmycharger

I drilled out the bullseye medallion and put a mini shift light behind it. I mounted the base with the chips in the glove box.  :icon_smile_big:

timmycharger

:yesnod:

timmycharger

timmycharger

:coolgleamA:

timmycharger

Steering column restored. I used a cruise control stalk turn signal lever and replaced the pushbutton switch for my line loc.  :yesnod:

timmycharger

:icon_smile_cool:

Had the windshield installed by Safelite, they did an ok job, I had to argue with them to add some urethane sealer in the bottom corners. He insisted it was fine, even though I could see daylight through it from inside.. Needless to say, its completely sealed, but will probably be impossible to remove.

Quarter window hardware was cleaned and restored.

timmycharger

Since I plan on driving this car with my wife and kids, I added a 12V cigarette lighter source to the inside of the console daisy chained to the cig lighter from a C Body console end plate so I can keep my ipod in the console which plays through the factory 8 track after being modified and the kids can plug stuff in from the back seat.

Also, the makeshift paint booth we set up.

timmycharger

We did the body work on the panels and my brother in law painted the inside.  Went with B7 Blue, I really love this color, pics don't do it justice.

timmycharger

I stripped down the crappy coating on the quarters and we primed the unibody.  Used a stud gun to shrink the quarters and Dutchman panel.

timmycharger

:icon_smile_cool:

timmycharger

68pplcharger

Quote from: timmycharger on September 03, 2015, 06:34:00 PM
I wish! these pics cover a 13 year span, I just got around to posting them.  :icon_smile_big:

A shot of the car on the flatbed getting a new vinyl top. I did it once, was not going to do it again, my wrists and thumbs still hurt.  :RantExplode:

LOL I remember reading that after you mentioned it again.... dam it sucks getting old  :brickwall:

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

68pplcharger

timmycharger

LOL I remember reading that after you mentioned it again.... dam it sucks getting old  brickwall

haha yup

Gas tank was installed, no real drama there. Also the start of the motor tear down.

Dino

I can't help but looking at the little cars on the shelf...I want that Blues mobile.   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

timmycharger

For the engine, I ended up just freshening it up. I honed the cylinders, changed the bearings and rings, oil pump and heads. Im not expecting miracles out of this engine, I will be planning my dream engine while I put around in this motor, it ran very strong when pulled 13 years ago. I had some scuffed pistons and some that were stiff on the rods, but I had a machine shop go through them and clean them up.

If I can get 3 or 4 years on this motor Ill be happy, my sons will be older and able to help me swap the motors for a winter project.

quote author=Dino link=topic=119572.msg1488739#msg1488739 date=1442111121]
I can't help but looking at the little cars on the shelf...I want that Blues mobile.   :icon_smile_big:[/quote]

Haha , ya that's an old one!

timmycharger

I re cleaned the K frame, and got it ready for the dolly.  I went with a Hemi 4 speed from Passon Performance.

timmycharger

I dialed in the bellhousing with the Browell Tool and Robbmc dowels.

timmycharger

We dropped the body on the K frame with the US car tool body lift. Worked flawlessly.