News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger 440 R/T 9806 Original Miles

Started by blinkey, August 26, 2015, 07:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Lord Warlock on August 28, 2015, 09:45:37 PM

The cars are waterproof, and do not excessively rust if you park them inside a garage.  

Except for below the lower rear window molding. Due to accumulating water, that is the very first area that rust out. Blow that area out with compressed air every time you wash it!

blinkey

Yes. Is it grey and   T  shaped?   Can I order this harness with the lights?  From where do you suggest

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

blinkey

Thanks Dave. I drove her to work today,its very tight, only problem I can see is there a slight humming from the rear end, actually the guy did mention it before I left, pretty honest man. I may get it fixed in the future but for now I just want to drive it.

Homerr

I gotta agree with the "don't change a thing" crowd here.

You got a hell of a deal on the car and any 'improvements' you try to make will devalue the car.  Enjoy and preserve this one while you wait for your dream configuration to come along and then sell this one and buy the next one.

cbrestorations

thata a pretty stripped down model r/t...manual steering, manual drum brakes, column shift an a buddy seat. i can only assume that it is a 2.76 open diff rear end too. i thought my buddies was a stripped down r/t....  its a great survivor car though definitely probly one of he fewer low mileage cars

tan top

Quote from: cbrestorations on August 29, 2015, 10:26:53 AM
thata a pretty stripped down model r/t...manual steering, manual drum brakes, column shift an a buddy seat. i can only assume that it is a 2.76 open diff rear end too. i thought my buddies was a stripped down r/t....  its a great survivor car though definitely probly one of he fewer low mileage cars

yeah , it amazes me , how these chargers were optioned out  , back in the day  :scratchchin:  :yesnod:

think    can just make out A36 on the fender tag   :scratchchin:

A36 = performance axle package ,  3:55  rear gears & a sure grip , also 26 inch radiator & a 7 blade clutch fan  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

6bblgt

it was mentioned above that it was the original owner's "garaged race car" when new, that accounted for the low miles, condition & (lack of) OPTION list (the avg. '69 Charger has $1000 worth of OPTIONs)

the noisy rear is probably non-original (junk-yard high miler?) WAG as it probably received 4.56s or similar "back-in-the-day"  :2thumbs:

be sure to disconnect the speed-o cable to keep your investment below 10K miles  :D

silver metallic "A4" didn't age well, how much paint work has the car received?  is the original spare in the trunk?   what is it? GOT PICS?

6bblgt

& I agree DON'T CHANGE a THING!!

3.55s, remote mirror & AM radio = $157.15 (under $4,000 out the door!!)  :coolgleamA:

moparchris

Congrats on buying your Charger.  Just drive it and enjoy it before you do anything.  Nice buy :cheers:

Brock Lee

Quote from: blinkey on August 29, 2015, 08:13:36 AM
  Yes. Is it grey and   T  shaped?   Can I order this harness with the lights?  From where do you suggest

I am not sure of the color, but it is T shaped. Two connectors join at opposing angles to create the T shape.

You can buy reproductions at several places. Charger Specialties was one place. You will need the lamp assemblies, the pigtail that plugs into the T connector, and clips that attach the wires to the hood. I think they offered a whole kit. That mod is one that is simple to undo as nothing is really being modified at all. Just remove the delete plate, put in the lamp assembly and run to the wires to an existing connector. Just save the delete plates.

Your turn signal switch sounds like it is broken and not cancelling. It is kind of a PITA to change. I would only do it if you absolutely can't live with it. Otherwise wait and someday you may want to have the column rebuilt. Have it done at that point.

Worker Bee

That's a really nice find.  :2thumbs: The chrome and black of the Magnum rims dramatically changed the look of your Charger. :drool5: You got to bring her to Carlisle Nationals 2016. :scope:

tucknroll

all you need to do now is paint her orange! just kidding. just get used to hearing it

Dan T

Good score man, but my god PLEASE don't repaint that car..
if it is what it claims to be, it should be in a museum  :yesnod:
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: blinkey on August 27, 2015, 12:21:51 PM
     This car is a one owner and always been stored in climate controled area. I think Im goona listen to you guys,,,,,,I JUST BOUGHT THE CAR :nana:  Thanks to everyone,,,FREE BEER   the car is local and 40 minutes from me,,,,BOUNUS  New rubber and Magnums were part of the deal and he will install console shift

How much was it? Congrats.. keep it this way very  RARE car!!!

Keep it low miles Worth big bucks! Buy another and drive that all day :2thumbs: and Trailer this one :popcrn:

I saw the pictures awesome score! Did you kept the orginale  tires as well? OR where they race  tires ones? :scratchchin:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI