News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake pipe ends supplier

Started by --Rebel--, September 05, 2015, 07:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

--Rebel--

Hi all,
I'm replacing all the brake pipes on my 68 and need some brake pipe ends. As I live in the UK, it's proving impossible to find the right size.
Does anyone know where I might find some / who supplies them, or does anyone have any spares I could buy?
Not sure if they are all the same size or not, so I need them all apart from the master cylinder, I've replaced that with a new one that came with the ends for it in the kit.
Thanks for any help

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

--Rebel--

Great, thanks,

Excuse my stupidity, but does that link show the bits that I need or do I need to search for them on the site?

Mopar Nut

You'll need to search for them, what car are these for?
To make sure we are talking about the same thing, here's a picture.

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

--Rebel--

Yes, that's the same thing, they're for a 1968 Dodge Charger, I'm looking for the ends that screw into the distributor block that sits under the master cylinder by the lower chassis rail

oldcarnut

Another question for you.  It seems to me that your just wanting the threaded parts and you have tubing your going to place them on to bend/flare your self.  Is your tubing metric or decimal?

--Rebel--

Yeah, I already have the brake pipe to shape and flare myself, just need the threaded end unions to bolt all the pipes up with.
The piping I have is 3/16, I'm guessing that 3/16 in the UK is the same as 3/16 in the USA

oldcarnut

I have some of the brake lines I removed from my 70 RR I replaced with stainless I can cut the nuts off if you still need them.  Where in the UK are you?  I have family in Braintree Essex.

--Rebel--

That's great, very kind of you to offer, however, I'm in Northumberland just outside of Newcastle, so quite a way from Essex sadly. If your happy to ship them to me directly I'd be more than happy to pay for them including shipping costs

oldcarnut

I found some at a local auto store. Comes in lots of 5ea.  Pm me your address and how many you want and I'll get a price for you.   David

--Rebel--

Thanks David, very kind of you. PM on its way

Mopar Nut