News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger -- Console Metal Top Plate and Rear Cap (Reproduction)

Started by Pedal2Metal, October 29, 2015, 12:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedal2Metal

Has anyone bought the latest repop console assembly and, if so, what do you think of the quality of the metal pieces including the grooves in the top plate and end cap? I've heard the quality is quite good, that the metal is too shiny versus original, that the top plate doesn't have the black paint in the bottom of the grooves like original. Then again there seems to be a debate as to whether there ever was any paint in the bottom of the top plate grooves. And then someone tells me the latest version of the repops now have the paint in there. Any reviews are appreciated.
32 Oakland V8, 42 Hudson Pickup, 58 Messerschmitt KR200, 60 Caddy Eldorado Biarritz Vert, 65 Ford GT40 351/Webers (CAV), 69 Shelby GT500, 68 Charger 440 R/T, 71 Hemi Cuda Vert 4-Speed Tribute

Kazza68

Hey buddy

I just unpacked mine last week and they seem to fit your descriptions. I bought the console door, rear plate and full length plastic console itself. I still have the original chrome bit that sits around the shifter and as you say, there's a bit of a difference. But a bit of steel wool, Auto Solve and elbow grease should get it matching up pretty close :-)

I'm impressed with the quality of the metal finish.

Overall, a painfully expensive set of gear. But on seeing the quality of the parts, I have no regrets. Would definitely recommend.

Hope this helps :-)

Pedal2Metal

Let us know when you're done with the install...whether you're still satisfied. I see there is another thread on this same subject where fitment and quality was a bit of an issue. Good luck (because if it works for you then I'm going to do the same thing)!
32 Oakland V8, 42 Hudson Pickup, 58 Messerschmitt KR200, 60 Caddy Eldorado Biarritz Vert, 65 Ford GT40 351/Webers (CAV), 69 Shelby GT500, 68 Charger 440 R/T, 71 Hemi Cuda Vert 4-Speed Tribute

Kazza68

Hello,

Thanks for your message and I look forward to letting you know how it goes. Do you have any of the pieces or would you look to order the whole lot?

There's a rear console mounting plate bracket that I ordered from YearOne today. But because one of the items is on backorder for two weeks, I won't have it down here in New Zealand until about the end of Nov.

I'll keep your points in mind re fitting it together, thanks for the heads up. Once it's fitted, I'll be in touch again.

Cheers, and happy driving,
Karen