News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fifty Years of Charger

Started by Ghoste, November 08, 2015, 08:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I'm wondering how many of the big, and small, events will be doing a 50 Years of Charger celebration next year?  I understand Carlisle is going to do it (which means this better be the year I attend) so hopefully Columbus will also.  New Hamburg and CEMA too.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Awesome, well like I said I better try and make it.

ITSA426

CEMA museum is doing something in June.

Ghoste

I made their 40th Charger event so I will have to hit the 50th too.

A383Wing

you would think they would have a picture of a first gen Charger on flyers and info to mark the 50th anniversary

ITSA426

Bryan is the CEMA flyer out yet?  Last I heard they were still getting things together.  I'm planning on making that show.  Their 40th was a good time.

chargerperson

Quote from: A383Wing on November 09, 2015, 01:23:39 AM
you would think they would have a picture of a first gen Charger on flyers and info to mark the 50th anniversary

Agree, curious why Carlisle has 3rd Generation Charger.   Any sense as to whether Carlisle will have a special display such as the old dealership to feature the Dodge Charger?

Chargerguy74

This sounds great. I'm gonna try to go.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

XH29N0G

Not having a first gen, I thought: 'hey I have to wait', but the 3rd gen in the picture makes it seem inclusive of all chargers.  :cheers: 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Chargerguy74

I think showing a 3rd gen says, we're celebrating 50 years of the Charger name, all cars and years wearing that badge. Otherwise it may be taken as 1st gen focused??? Thinking out loud here.  
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

chargerperson

Quote from: Chargerguy74 on November 09, 2015, 07:56:00 PM
I think showing a 3rd gen says, we're celebrating 50 years of the Charger name, all cars and years wearing that badge. Otherwise it may be taken as 1st gen focused??? Thinking out loud here.  

You are probably right. 

A383Wing

that makes no sense....maybe it's just me

Chargerguy74

Quote from: A383Wing on November 09, 2015, 08:15:15 PM

that makes no sense....maybe it's just me

Looking at the pics in your sig, I can see why  ;)

But really, the first gen is the only one actually 50 years old. If it was a pic of a second Gen I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.

Chargerguy74

Quote from: XH29N0G on November 09, 2015, 07:44:19 PM
Not having a first gen, I thought: 'hey I have to wait', but the 3rd gen in the picture makes it seem inclusive of all chargers.  :cheers: 

This

ODZKing

Last weekend in June, 2016 is June 26.
www.CNYMopar.com

timmycharger

It seems like yesterday when I read this issue of Mopar Muscle..  man time flies!!  I was in High School when I first read the magazine, ended up picking up a copy on Ebay a few years ago.

twenty mike mike

Exactly. Any other generation pictured has nothing to do with the 50th, and is just lame.

Now, if the title read, "Celebrating 50 Years of Chargers," that would be different. But it doesn't.

ODZKing

Quote from: twenty mike mike on November 11, 2015, 12:47:21 AM

Exactly. Any other generation pictured has nothing to do with the 50th, and is just lame.

Now, if the title read, "Celebrating 50 Years of Chargers," that would be different. But it doesn't.
Thing is there hasn't been 50 years of Chargers.  That is why we went with 50th anniversary for our shirts and logo this year for the club.
But they're all on there.
But I agree when I saw the ad, why a 72 ?????? :shruggy:

Dino

So we're gonna see a handful of old iron and tons of 2006-2016 Chargers?  That would be sad. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bill440rt

Carlisle is recognizing all Charger years for the event.
From their website:
"Made available for the first time in 1966, the display will actually host Chargers of all years. In addition, there will be a special invitational display focused on the Chargers and you'll see some famous movie and TV cars that are Charger based. These cars MAY include ones from the Dukes of Hazzard, Bullitt, Joe Dirt, Fast and Furious and Dirty Mary Crazy Larry just to name a few. If you're into collectibles, the showcase will include a commemorative design on signage, decals, license plates, etc. and we'll work to have Dodge/Chrysler involved since they are still making the Charger. Who knows, there may even be a 50th Anniversary Charger on display. These cars, by the way, were offered with a 426 Street Hemi, so it's a perfect tie-in to the Street Hemi Reunion (check out the next post to learn more). - See more at: http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-chrysler-nationals/carlisle-chrysler-nationals-detail.aspx?detailid=1142#sthash.E7j112Xm.dpuf "
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Mikesmoparperformance

I hope I can get My 1966 running next year!
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

Ghoste

Fifty years of the Charger model name is a big deal I think.  It's a good anniversary to be inclusive.

chargerperson

Quote from: bill440rt on November 11, 2015, 03:48:46 PM

Carlisle is recognizing all Charger years for the event.
From their website:
"Made available for the first time in 1966, the display will actually host Chargers of all years. In addition, there will be a special invitational display focused on the Chargers and you'll see some famous movie and TV cars that are Charger based. These cars MAY include ones from the Dukes of Hazzard, Bullitt, Joe Dirt, Fast and Furious and Dirty Mary Crazy Larry just to name a few. If you're into collectibles, the showcase will include a commemorative design on signage, decals, license plates, etc. and we'll work to have Dodge/Chrysler involved since they are still making the Charger. Who knows, there may even be a 50th Anniversary Charger on display. These cars, by the way, were offered with a 426 Street Hemi, so it's a perfect tie-in to the Street Hemi Reunion (check out the next post to learn more). - See more at: http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-chrysler-nationals/carlisle-chrysler-nationals-detail.aspx?detailid=1142#sthash.E7j112Xm.dpuf "

Any guess on what/where the display will be?  Curious if they will use one of the red buildings and dedicate it to the Charger?  Believe they are called Building Y (or T?) or the Pavilion or will they use the old dealership on the edge of the property similar to the hemi engine cars two years ago. 

Ghoste

I hope they use one of the larger buildings, maybe an excellent example of each year in the dealership but you can't get as many cars in there.