News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 console lid latch

Started by DanPratt, January 15, 2016, 07:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanPratt

Hi all,

Could anyone please post a picture of the latch that retains the console lid in a 69?  I tried searching the site.  Cam close but no cigar.  I am putting one back together that I did not take apart and, since this is my first one, I have no idea what to look for amongst hundreds of bits and pieces I have in various containers that came with the car.  I understand it is a simple piece of metal with two screw holes in it for mounting in the recess of the console side.

many thanks,

Dan

Lennard

Okay,  I've been trying to post a picture for five minutes now.  I'm over it.  What's your email address? 

timmycharger

This?

Lennard

That's what I took a picture of.

DanPratt

You guys are awesome - thanks to you all.  Absolutely fantastic!

Cheers,

Dan

DanPratt

Again, thanks guys.  Using the picture timmycharger posted I checked through the boxes and jars of bits, clips bolts and brackets that came with the car.  Nothing at all like this was in there.  So, thanks the link posted by Just 69 Charger, I have ordered a new one.  Many thanks again all.

Cheers,

Dan and

timmycharger

Lennard

DanPratt

Thanks Lennard,

I know how frustrating it can be trying to post a picture on websites some times. I think my problem with doing so in the past might have been because I was working on line via a remote link and trying to upload pictures that were on my machine's hard drive.

You have reminded me that I never managed to do that.  It was for a post asking if anyone knew what these were (my car is a shell and came with bits of interiors from a 69 auto and a 69 manual, including half a centre console from each).  My buckets of brackets, bolts and other trim parts are full of things for which the final resting place remain a mystery to me. I actually tried just now using a different source for the file but it failed to post.  The error message advised that the file might be too big so I will work out how to make the picture a smaller file and see how I go.

Cheers and thanks again,

Dan

Lennard