News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1/4 Window Adjustment Nuts

Started by CRW-FK5, March 09, 2016, 07:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRW-FK5

The 2 large rear adjustment nuts shown in the picture attach to a roller channel inside the panel that appears to do absolutely nothing.  No rollers or anything attaching to it.  Anyone have an answer for why this is in there?  Car is 1970 Charger.

tan top

those two , ( well there are 3 , one at the front too ) , are the rear side glass run channel adjust bolts , used for moving the glass in or out , to get the correct gap/fit  to the roof rail weather strip & the rear stainless trim /weather strip  on the front door glass

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=98556.0
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

CRW-FK5

Thanks.  That explains a lot.  Looks like the guy before me decided to leave those rollers out completely.  Do you know what the roller assembly looks like that goes in there?

Dino

First picture is of an assembled rear roller. This one goes into the channel in your picture and the rear most slot in the large window bracket.

The second picture is of one of two front rollers that goes into the long channel close to the door and fits into the top and bottom slots of the bracket. The regulator roller goes into the middle slot. The rear roller comes in a kit and needs to be assembled. The front I've never seen offered new although the plastic roller itself is available.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

CRW-FK5

Quote from: Dino on March 09, 2016, 11:19:38 PM
First picture is of an assembled rear roller. This one goes into the channel in your picture and the rear most slot in the large window bracket.

The second picture is of one of two front rollers that goes into the long channel close to the door and fits into the top and bottom slots of the bracket. The regulator roller goes into the middle slot. The rear roller comes in a kit and needs to be assembled. The front I've never seen offered new although the plastic roller itself is available.

Thanks, Dino.  I now have parts from repro kit.  The slide and 2 different rollers, 1 black & 1 white (see picture).  Both have inner holes that fit slide pin same, however slightly different OD and groove profile (black one is full radii inside).  I am assuming the roller attached to the slide pin goes into the separate channel section and the other end with the loose roller goes into the moving regulator piece, as the end of the slide pin would probably hit the inside of the separate channel if installed that way.  Regardless, the inside of the loose roller is slightly too big to slide freely in the slot of either the separate channel or the moving regulator slot (goes into hole okay but not slot). 

I have no problem removing material to get a good clearance fit inside the roller but which one is the correct one (if any), black or white?

Dino

Quote from: CRW-FK5 on March 17, 2016, 11:23:03 AM
I am assuming the roller attached to the slide pin goes into the separate channel section and the other end with the loose roller goes into the moving regulator piece, as the end of the slide pin would probably hit the inside of the separate channel if installed that way. 

Correct!

Regardless, the inside of the loose roller is slightly too big to slide freely in the slot of either the separate channel or the moving regulator slot (goes into hole okay but not slot). 

I have no problem removing material to get a good clearance fit inside the roller but which one is the correct one (if any), black or white?

So one of the loose rollers needs to go into the small slot on the rear part of the regulator bracket. Are you saying neither will fit in there?

I've never bought the repro kit but the black roller looks like it would be the one that goes onto the regulator and into the middle of the three slots on the front of the bracket.

CRW-FK5

Quote from: Dino on March 17, 2016, 01:15:08 PM
Quote from: CRW-FK5 on March 17, 2016, 11:23:03 AM
I am assuming the roller attached to the slide pin goes into the separate channel section and the other end with the loose roller goes into the moving regulator piece, as the end of the slide pin would probably hit the inside of the separate channel if installed that way. 

Correct!

Regardless, the inside of the loose roller is slightly too big to slide freely in the slot of either the separate channel or the moving regulator slot (goes into hole okay but not slot). 

So one of the loose rollers needs to go into the small slot on the rear part of the regulator bracket. Are you saying neither will fit in there?

I've never bought the repro kit but the black roller looks like it would be the one that goes onto the regulator and into the middle of the three slots on the front of the bracket.

That is correct.  The inside contact surface on the roller is too large in diameter to provide clearance in the linear track portion of the regulator on either roller, but both fit thorough the starter hole in the end of the slot on the regulator.  I could modify either one but kind of confused why neither fit in the first place.  Also, the profiles are a bit different so I'd prefer to use the one that allows the best tracking and adjustability.

Dino

That's really strange. I'd contact the seller and tell him that these rollers don't work to begin with. See if you can get a bit of a refund.

Looking at the picture of both rollers and the one of the roller assembly I posted earlier, it looks like the one you need is the white roller. But if you look closely you can see the edges of the roller are supposed to be rounded and the new roller's edges are sharp. I'd round off the inside edges a bit and see if rolls along the slot.

The black roller does look like the one that goes onto the regulator.

CRW-FK5

Quote from: Dino on March 17, 2016, 02:55:14 PM
That's really strange. I'd contact the seller and tell him that these rollers don't work to begin with. See if you can get a bit of a refund.

Looking at the picture of both rollers and the one of the roller assembly I posted earlier, it looks like the one you need is the white roller. But if you look closely you can see the edges of the roller are supposed to be rounded and the new roller's edges are sharp. I'd round off the inside edges a bit and see if rolls along the slot.

The black roller does look like the one that goes onto the regulator.
I just took measurements of the white roller inside diameter and the track width and both are essentially the same (.706").  So I sanded the dia. down to approx. .690" and was able to install  the assembly.  Looks like it will work.  Now I just have to perform the adjustment procedure from the link above and I should be set.  Thanks for your help.

Dino

HeavyFuel

66FBCharger

'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

miller time

I found a situation like this, trying to thieve the roller sliders off a parts cornet either 66 or 68, 2 Dr hard top, and it had the bolt on tracks and no rollers or places for the rollers to attach to the window, and yes windows did operate and were still installed, like they just bolted the tracks on for no reason other then use a useless part, And believe me when I say they were identical tracks, in the some positions and had no reason to be there! (Yes I did fondle both sides and was disappointed but even more confused!)

green69rt

Maybe this will help.

CRW-FK5

Quote from: green69rt on April 02, 2016, 08:40:29 AM
Maybe this will help.
Yes.  That is a good angle.  Confirms the configuration of the rollers for me.  Thanks.