News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Buying project xx29l9b386542

Started by taxspeaker, April 09, 2016, 03:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

held1823

This car is cherry compared to the one AMD is more or less rebuilding from a vin tag.

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

nascarxx29

And exrta parts like 70 challenger tail light on backseat And spare crankshaft.And automatic trans gasket and filter on pass floor???.And from living in tx the interiors would be heat baked cracked split.Maybe had plastic tarp on it created all kinds of moisture where rust sprung up
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

out there

Appears the listing is gone. Maybe the car has been sold. Could be the end of this saga.....

hemi-hampton

Compared to all the Michigan Rust Buckets I've seen & Restored this thing looks nice & solid to me. LEON.

moparstuart

Quote from: moparstuart on May 07, 2016, 04:01:19 PM
4 sp daytona  , im betting higher then 75  best color combo too    :yesnod:
:nana: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

charger_fan_4ever

Any in the game been contacted to place their final bid ? :popcrn:

hemi68charger

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on May 31, 2016, 08:46:06 AM
Any in the game been contacted to place their final bid ? :popcrn:

Supposed to happen either yesterday or today..........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

kiwitrev

heard nothing he hasn't responded to my emails for the almost two weeks
if it was easy anyone could do it

joining the list my cars group
69 Daytona
70 superbird
66 charger
60 corvette
63 corvette split window
tesla S
96 bronco
10 aston DBS
64 DB5
59 custom cpe deville
TR4
lotus super 7
GTD40
32 roadster and coupe
62 nova57 chev 210 hard top

nascarxx29

:hah: This.Daytona is made from unobtaniumm
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moonlithaven

Quote from: nascarxx29 on June 05, 2016, 12:04:01 PM
:hah: This.Daytona is made from unobtaniumm
Wow that is really good! Sad but funny! :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:
T-5 Copper Daytona

taxspeaker

I received a final nice email from the seller yesterday. It looks like the decision will be made by Saturday June 11 and the last $90,000 bid gets it unless something comes in higher. It is out of my price range so good luck whoever gets it, and post a picture of it on a trailer when you load it up.

charger_fan_4ever

With a 90k sale price if one was to do the whole rebuild themselves be in it for 125k. I say rebuild as if we talk resto with OE nos parts the sky is the limit.

4 speed in that color prob bring 150ish in todays market rebuilt ?

Aero426

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on June 07, 2016, 11:58:50 AM
With a 90k sale price if one was to do the whole rebuild themselves be in it for 125k. I say rebuild as if we talk resto with OE nos parts the sky is the limit.

Based on recent sales, 150 can get you into a driver Daytona.    Probably still need to add a little for a 4-speed.   

hemi-hampton

Are you saying it could be restored for $35k? :scratchchin: :shruggy: LEON.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 07, 2016, 06:23:51 PM

Are you saying it could be restored for $35k? :scratchchin: :shruggy: LEON.

If doing all the work(metal/body/paint/mechanics) yourself with jobber parts(excluding any daytona only parts) yes i think it can be done. As your only paying parts. Not restoring as id consider a restore being oem part restoration.

My 70 r/t been threw the wringer.
9k in new and used metal
2K in materials
3k interior
3k motor
3k in suspension,chrome ect

i have exhaust, transmission,weatherstriping, dash cluster and brakes left to do. with 15k wiggle room that bring it to 35k invested in the rebuild. This is paying minimal labor as the family shop has been doing it on the side. To pay wages and swing a profit yikes would need to have been a dunno 80-100k job.

If i had to do over instead of buying a 5k basket case i'd have saved some more and bought a 15-20k more solid car. Live and learn.

But imo F6 is the nicest color on the daytonas add a 4 speed to that permanent smile.

kiwitrev

I would say $15 to $20k for body and paint alone and that's using my "low end" body shop, charger interior I just did one using legendary and didn't get any change out of $10k the nose on this car needs a complete rebuild to fix the damage and put the lights back in. as for value when done gotta remember this car has no documentation and is not a numbers matching engine so with a $90k (or more) buy in there is no money in this car as an investment or to "flip" as a finished car.

69 Daytona
70 superbird
66 charger
60 corvette
63 corvette split window
tesla S
96 bronco
10 aston DBS
64 DB5
59 custom cpe deville
TR4
lotus super 7
GTD40
32 roadster and coupe

Troy

But it's a 4-speed Daytona. There aren't a lot around if you really must have one. Buuuut, I don't see how most people could get it finished for anywhere close to what it would cost just to buy one that's ready to go.

Of course, that's already worth more than everything I own so I can only guess at real numbers...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Moparpoolman

I don't remember if it was ever said to be numbers matching or not.  Taxspeaker said he knew in one of his posts but didn't want to make it public knowledge at the time, how about now?, is it numbers matching motor and trans?

kiwitrev

the owner has told everyone "bidding" on the car that the engine has been found to not have a complete correct vin stamping. found by one of the people that inspected the car and the owner believes it was replaced with a "crate" motor prior to his brother getting the car. The gear box and shifter are also not correct as per a person that inspected the car that I trust. as for it being a rare 4 speed I though that until recently when it was pointed out to me that about a third of the 502 street daytonas are 4 speed so rare depends on your definition and I would say that a one in three chance of a Daytona being a 4 speed isn't that rare. my current car being 1 of 6? R6 red with 440 would be a more rare car. also with at least 300 Daytona still "alive" that means about 100 4 speed cars are till out there. 4 speed superbird would be more rare using the same evaluation

69 Daytona
70 superbird
66 charger
60 corvette
63 corvette split window
tesla S
96 bronco
10 aston DBS
64 DB5
59 custom cpe deville
TR4
lotus super 7
GTD40
32 roadster and coupe

Hemi Runner

Did anyone call David Spade and tell him this one is available? He might have an offer deemed reasonable by the seller.... :smilielol:

hemi68charger

Quote from: Moparpoolman on June 08, 2016, 12:29:40 PM
I don't remember if it was ever said to be numbers matching or not.  Taxspeaker said he knew in one of his posts but didn't want to make it public knowledge at the time, how about now?, is it numbers matching motor and trans?

Motor is a replacement. More than likely a warranty motor.. It has a 70 casting and no VIN stamping..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

wingcarenvy

I hear you guys on the cost of resto and purchase price versus a nice complete car. The fact is that nice Daytonas are hot right now and $150K is the going rate for a decent car. It doesn't always make good financial sense to buy a project and restore it. Good news is that I am not in the business of restoring these things for profit, I am a hobbyist. With that said at 90K a guy can get into it and maybe get it running and drive it a bit and enjoy it and make some memories with it before tearing into it. 150K is a lot more money than 90K and some can't bridge that gap (hell I can't afford the 90 either) but maybe someone could and it gets their foot in the door. I don't 90K at this point is all that outrageous.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: wingcarenvy on June 08, 2016, 10:18:54 PM
I hear you guys on the cost of resto and purchase price versus a nice complete car. The fact is that nice Daytonas are hot right now and $150K is the going rate for a decent car. It doesn't always make good financial sense to buy a project and restore it. Good news is that I am not in the business of restoring these things for profit, I am a hobbyist. With that said at 90K a guy can get into it and maybe get it running and drive it a bit and enjoy it and make some memories with it before tearing into it. 150K is a lot more money than 90K and some can't bridge that gap (hell I can't afford the 90 either) but maybe someone could and it gets their foot in the door. I don't 90K at this point is all that outrageous.

That's why I said earlier that I've seen some guys spend even more for less of a car, I think the only thing that twisted everyone is the sellers method of sale, I've encountered these types before, usually I just walk away, but I do love when the sale fails, and your contacted by the seller, then either low ball him from the previous offer or just reject his offer of sale

MoPaR 312

I agree 90k is a lot for this car but not too outrageous, especially if the guy isn't a flipper.  I'd be willing to pay top dollar also for a rare project car if I had the funds because working on and restoring the cars is over half the fun for me.  Anyone can buy a classic car and drive it but I'd rather have my hands on it the whole way through.  :Twocents: