News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A place to hold the charger- show us yours!

Started by keith88, April 29, 2016, 04:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

68 BENGAL R/T

Love the floor Just 6T9 CHGR.
    Where did you get the floor from? I have a an original orange and black '68 BENGAL Charger R/T and have
always thought of doing the same thing to my 1.5 car garage, Mine would say BENGAL R/T.
    I have a Pirate / Beach theme going on in the backyard, but that floor would be perfect for the inside.
By the way, like seeing all the orange and black Chargers!

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

timmycharger

Here is where mine lives. There is a makeshift paint booth in there now and everything is covered in dust...  :2thumbs:

X3 on that floor! I would like to do something along those lines where the Charger is when its done.  :scratchchin:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 68 BENGAL R/T on May 02, 2016, 04:27:35 PM
Love the floor Just 6T9 CHGR.
    Where did you get the floor from? I have a an original orange and black '68 BENGAL Charger R/T and have
always thought of doing the same thing to my 1.5 car garage, Mine would say BENGAL R/T.
    I have a Pirate / Beach theme going on in the backyard, but that floor would be perfect for the inside.
By the way, like seeing all the orange and black Chargers!
Thanks!  :cheers:
The flooring is from Race Deck.  Ive had it for about 7 years now & it has held up great.  I was sick of painting the floor every couple of years only to have it peel under the tires.  Can use a jack on it with no problem....jack stands require a piece of wood under them though.   The Charger script is just a decal

www.racedeck.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

charger chris

You guys have really nice man caves. Hope my man cave will look good like that one day. :drool5:
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

lukedukem

Here's where my charger rests... right now she getting brakes and other front end stuff...
but she has company...

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

redgum78

Quote from: 1965gp on May 01, 2016, 07:19:03 PM
Very cool garages- here is mine:

Outside

Inside

:drool5: That's way cool! Start my extension soon. Can't wait.

1965gp

Thanks! I fought the HOA initially but ultimately I am glad I took their advice. They limited me to 4 bay doors on the front but was able to extend the garage 3 cars wide and two deep.

Now I just need to sell the wife on making to original garage a tandem set up...

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 1965gp on May 03, 2016, 12:28:10 PM
Thanks! I fought the HOA initially but ultimately I am glad I took their advice. They limited me to 4 bay doors on the front but was able to extend the garage 3 cars wide and two deep.

Now I just need to sell the wife on making to original garage a tandem set up...
From what I can tell, your large garage on the left is "all garage" all the way to the ceiling? The windows on the front are merely to look like the rest of the house on the right?
It looks really cool, and I love how much overall space you have.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

1965gp

Yes that is exactly how it is set up. The HOA said it had to look like it was built that way originally so I tried to keep it symmetrical. I was only allowed the four doors on the front (the door we added is 10ft vs 8ft) and I added some space before and after the walk through door. Most people don't notice it at all. Originally we added two bays and a patio off the side (note the roll up doors on the side). I made sure I could fit a car on the patio and eventually enclosed it with sliding 'barn style' doors. The original three car garage has an apartment on top so I wanted to make sure this was open for lifts. The doors all around it allow you to drive in/out/around very easily and add a lot of air flow.

You will have to fill us in on your extension project!

Not trying to hijack the thread but here are some more pics to make it easier to see:

Inside the original garage looking into the new area (cut a 10 ft walk through):

After enclosing the patio:

After moving the lift to the patio:

1969 R/T SE

Quote from: keith88 on May 02, 2016, 09:07:14 AM
That is Ok seeing i got my idea off of on from you tube it was a 68 tho! :2thumbs:

I'm thinking about inlaying the decals under the paint then ghosting them it so it looks like the car was a lee than repainted

clever right? opinions are appreciated

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 1965gp on May 03, 2016, 02:37:28 PM
Yes that is exactly how it is set up. The HOA said it had to look like it was built that way originally so I tried to keep it symmetrical. I was only allowed the four doors on the front (the door we added is 10ft vs 8ft) and I added some space before and after the walk through door. Most people don't notice it at all. Originally we added two bays and a patio off the side (note the roll up doors on the side). I made sure I could fit a car on the patio and eventually enclosed it with sliding 'barn style' doors. The original three car garage has an apartment on top so I wanted to make sure this was open for lifts. The doors all around it allow you to drive in/out/around very easily and add a lot of air flow.

You will have to fill us in on your extension project!

Not trying to hijack the thread but here are some more pics to make it easier to see:
That's really cool, thanks for giving us the tour. :icon_smile_big: I really like how it looks sort of cozy in there, yet you have a lot of room. The HOA thing reminded me of another guy with a similar problem. He wanted his motorhome out of the elements, but the HOA was giving him grief, so he got a little creative...HERE:coolgleamA:

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Brian L

Nothing fancy, but it fits!

hemi-hampton

2592 creston

It's not much ,but this is where my car calls home!

1965gp

Man that 70 looks long in that pic! Looks great!

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

chargerperson

Quote from: 1965gp on May 01, 2016, 07:19:03 PM
Very cool garages- here is mine:

Outside

Inside

Looks great.
How many cars do you have in that garage?

moparnutty

1965gp

I love that pic with the Charger and Challenger- looks like it could have been taken 40 years ago!

Our garage currently has 12 available slots including the spots on the lifts. Unfortunately I have two cars that are about to get out of the body shop and need to 'find' some room!

xs29j8Bullitt

Still working on it, but it's coming along... a 50x60 Workshop/Garage and 30x60 Storage.....
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

daveco