News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PA school - All done, time to get to work

Started by Dino, May 04, 2016, 06:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dans 68

When I took my Professional Engineering license test all those decades ago, I was sure I had mucked it up. but lo and behold I passed! No worries.  ;)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Dino

Thanks guys!   :cheers:

Most of my class has taken their board exams, most of us think we failed. I seriously would not be surprised if I actually did fail, but I'll have to wait another week or so to find out and it's killing me!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

b5blue

Best regards to ya!  :cheers: I'll bet a buck you pass!  :2thumbs:

Dino

Neil I owe you a buck!

I passed this silly test, I'm now a certified physician assistant! Woot!   :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

I will keep updating this thread with job news and such, but for now I think I'm going to take a nap for a week or so.   :2thumbs:

timmycharger

Congrats Dirk!  Such a great accomplishment!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Dino

Chad L. Magee

Congratulations on passing the board exams!  :cheers:
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Dino

Dans 68

:2thumbs:  Enjoy your nap. Well earned.  ;)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

funknut

Way to go, Dino.  Congrats!

:2thumbs:

birdsandbees

SEE, what I tell yah ! Congrats fella, another long road hoed !  :cheers:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Troy

Quote from: Dino on May 10, 2018, 09:29:37 AM
Neil I owe you a buck!

I passed this silly test, I'm now a certified physician assistant! Woot!   :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

I will keep updating this thread with job news and such, but for now I think I'm going to take a nap for a week or so.   :2thumbs:
Excellent! :2thumbs:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BLK 68 R/T

Q5XX29

Good job- congratulations  :cheers:
dakota_gt on Instagram

WHITE AND RED 69

Way to go Dirk!  :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

tsmithae

Congratulations!  My wife was certain she had failed hers too; she had the same pleasant surprise as you when she found out she passed.   :2thumbs:
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

b5blue

Quote from: Dino on May 10, 2018, 09:29:37 AM
Neil I owe you a buck!

Sorry for the late reply, I really was certain you were good to go!   :cheers:

68 BENGAL R/T

Hey Dino, Great News! 
All of you hard work and dedication has paid off.
Congratulations on your Graduation and Certification!
Good luck on your job search - I'll keep watching for your updates.
Chris

- My daughter started her first clinical rotation last week.  Surgery at Detroit Receiving - she's working about 70 to 80 hrs a week.
  1 day off with a 26 hour shift every 3rd.

Dino

Thanks guys, I just woke up from that nap.   :lol:

What a ride! Glad it's over though, not gonna lie.

Chris those hours are insane; no PA student should do those things, there's no need for it. The worst I did was 4 night shifts in a row, each 16 hours long. Luckily rotations aren't long so she'll be done with it before she knows it. And at 44 I don't do as well with long days as your daughter would I'm sure.

I met a few Wayne State students on my rotations. Ask her if she knows Hoda, one class above her.

bakerhillpins

:cheers:  Congratulations Dirk!

Now, when are you going to take that Charger out for a spin?  :D
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

b5blue

Remarkable, you started May 4th 2016 and now done! Best wishes to you and yours!  :2thumbs:

Dino

The real funny thing is that I took my very first community college class which started 05/10/2010. I was certified as a PA 8 years later to the day!

8 years in school, 4 of those while having a full time job in health care. Yeah it's been fun but glad that's over!   :eek2:

Quote from: bakerhillpins on May 15, 2018, 01:16:42 PM
:cheers:  Congratulations Dirk!

Now, when are you going to take that Charger out for a spin?  :D

Thanks!   :cheers:

Oh that'll be a while, it's not ready for it's maiden voyage just yet. I still haven't found interest in the car so I'm just going to let it ride for a while.

Dino

This journey is over but a new one is about to start. I took a position at Henry Ford Allegiance Neurosurgery here in Jackson Michigan. I don't start until mid-November though. I'm in the middle of the lengthy and boring credentialing process. I'll be doing mostly outpatient stuff but there's a healthy surgical first assist component. I'm already hearing brain surgery jokes from my friends...  :lol:

That's the good news. Bad news is that after all this school and nothing to do, I'm going stir crazy. Still have zero interest in the Charger and if it doesn't come back soon I may just get rid of it. It's depressing to look at.

b5blue

Hang in there!  :cheers: I got as done as I'm gonna get just in time. (I wanna drive not work on it,)

bakerhillpins

If you're anything like me it's because not being able to finish projects is taking it's toll. Life and responsibility left little time to get to them and they ended up as projects that started and just stretched out into what seemed oblivion. It's depressing to not be able to get enough time to actually finish something and see it sitting there reminding you all the time. Too many priorities.. The Charger was part of that, I didn't want to start anything on it because it would end up like everything else and just languish in pieces. I've started picking smaller projects and just banging them out, a little bit each evening, ignoring others. It took a surprising amount of discipline to keep from getting distracted. I've been able to chip away at quite a few of the smaller ones sitting around, mostly house projects, and it's helped me feel like I can make progress without being depressed that I'm not getting anywhere. That's actually helped with the Charger because I felt I could pick a task and concentrate on it for the required time and get it done. Then move on to something else, eventually getting back to the car. Do I have more to do, hell yes, but I'm doing much better with knocking out the little things and it's made me fell less guilty about working on the Charger for a day every now and then and that's fun and rewarding when I drive it. Like today!!

Anyway, you will find your way. Sometimes it just takes one little thing that you sort of "trip over".

Congrats on the new Job!
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.