News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PA school - All done, time to get to work

Started by Dino, May 04, 2016, 06:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68 BENGAL R/T

Thanks Dino,
She found out yesterday she did not get an interview for EMU.  Hopefully some of the other 10 will.

Dino

I'm very sorry to hear that. I found out a few days ago that a lot of rejection emails went out.  :rotz:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

68 BENGAL R/T

Thanks, EMU was one of her top picks because of the ability to commute.  She still needs to hear from quite
a few more universities and she has very good credentials for being fresh out of undergrad program so we are still hopeful for good news.
Is that an updated picture of your charger? When are you finding time to work on it?
Chris

Dino

I'm not sure what the criteria are for EMU this year. Last year they really looked at GPA but since we've already lost 5 people in a single semester, all of whom had a high GPA, they may be trying something else. No idea what though. I hope your daughter will find a good spot somewhere. We have several people in our class who commute from Detroit and Flint and they seem to be doing alright. If she has a long commute then at least she'll be able to listen to recorded lectures in the car.

I took that picture during my three week break after the first semester. That was the only time I did a bit of work to it since April. I do not have time for the car at this moment. There's just way too much studying to do.

There's still lots to do to finish the car. I'm sure I'll be able to get some work done during the second year of school but I think I'll only be able to finish it when school is over.

Dino

FINALLY!!!

It took me a while but I finally did well on a clinical medicine exam after failing all 3 last semester. It was all cardiology related, not exactly the easiest subject in the world. It was also the exam worth most: 36% vs 32% for the next 2 exams. I needed 82% to pass this and got just over 90% so I'm very happy with that.

Now I can relax for a minute...

Q5XX29

Good job! Congratulations. Yeah, I do recall cardiology being among the most difficult subjects. Enjoy your well-deserved victory!
dakota_gt on Instagram

Dans 68

Quote from: Dino on October 12, 2016, 07:45:40 PM
FINALLY!!!

It took me a while but I finally did well on a clinical medicine exam after failing all 3 last semester. It was all cardiology related, not exactly the easiest subject in the world. It was also the exam worth most: 36% vs 32% for the next 2 exams. I needed 82% to pass this and got just over 90% so I'm very happy with that.

:2thumbs: I'm enjoying your journey!

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

moparnation74

FINALLY!!!

Congrats Dino!  We can use you in the medical field!  Too late but my area is Cardiology and I would have been glad to help!  If you run into more relating to Cardiology Pm me anytime......

timmycharger

68 BENGAL R/T

Congratulations Dino!!!
We knew you could get on track, keep up the good work.

bakerhillpins

FINALLY!!!

W-a-y  t-o  g-o,  D-no!   :smilielol:

Happy to hear you have having successes.  :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Dino

Woot!  Passed the second clin med exam with a nice buffer!   :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

This was all gastrointestinal, a fairly crappy subject if you ask me.   :icon_smile_big:

It feels good to finally be out of this rut.  :yesnod:

Unfortunately one of my friends in the program needs to score really high on the final to stay in the program so that's not looking very good. This program is brutal.

Back to studying, got 3 exams this week before we start hematology and genitourinary.   :2thumbs:

bakerhillpins

Excellent news!!   :cheers:

Quote from: Dino on November 13, 2016, 09:20:13 AM
This was all gastrointestinal, a fairly crappy subject if you ask me.   :icon_smile_big:

You're half way there with the bad pun jokes!  :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big:

Good luck to both of you!
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

68 BENGAL R/T

Hey Dino, 
Great to hear your finally getting into a good grove with your studies. Power through - your doing great!
By the way, my daughter has had 3 interviews and 2 offers to PA school.  Looks like she's heading to
the Wayne State University program this spring. She / We will be feeling your pain next year!
Good Luck and keep pushing.

Dino

Thanks guys!   :cheers:

These last weeks are going to be tough. I have a few days off due to the holiday and I'm spending it with my nose in the books, that's just hw life is these days! But I'm not complaining, I'm still doing good despite totally screwing up that last pharm exam!   :lol:
I sure do look forward to ending this semester! I need a breather.

Good to hear she's going to Wayne! That's great news! Tuition is a lot less than other schools as well so that's a big plus! EMU is about twice the cost of Wayne.   :eek2:

Yeah it'll be hard, but if some old car guy can do it then she'll have no issues with it.   :2thumbs:

Dino

Holy crap I'm exhausted...

7 more exams in the next two weeks, a debate in ethics, 2 pharm projects, and a practical exam...damn...   :eek2:

I swear they're trying to kill me.   :lol:

Troy

Quote from: Dino on December 04, 2016, 12:22:31 PM

7 more exams in the next two weeks, a debate in ethics, 2 pharm projects, and a practical exam...damn...   :eek2:

Is that all? :P

Troy

Dino

Quote from: Troy on December 05, 2016, 11:04:34 AM
Quote from: Dino on December 04, 2016, 12:22:31 PM

Is that all? :P

Troy

:lol:

Well I thought it was, but apparently there's more assignments. I'm studying pharm right now, just memorized brand and generic names and their classes for 53 drugs.  :eek2:
Gonna start studying treatments in a few. I hope it sticks this time. I was pretty sick during the last exam and it didn't go so well.  :icon_smile_big:

Dino

Alright! I passed all the exams and assignments with a nice buffer so everything is looking good! One more exam on Tuesday but nothing I'm worried about. I managed to get my GPA back up to where I need it so a lot of the pressure is off.

More good news is my buddy got exactly the score he needed today to stay in the program.   :2thumbs:

It all took a bit of a toll on me though, I'm pretty sick right now but that's alright, I'll get over it.

After Tuesday I'll have a two week break and I think I might sleep for one of those.   :yesnod:

birdsandbees

Great stuff Dino... you learned how to repair a distal bicep tendon tear yet?? lol   :brickwall:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Dino

I just read about your misfortune. Help someone out and pay for it.   :rotz:

No can't say we learn how to repair tendons. All PA education is based on primary care, not specialty. But I know what surgeon to send you to were you in Michigan!

Are you going to see an orthopedist?

birdsandbees

One of my good friends is my Doctor, I have a text off to him hoping he'll drop by the house tomorrow..... and I'll get him to unload my motor / trans and rear axle housing..  :smilielol:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Dino

A man with a plan!   :lol:

Troy