News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fast and furious 8 chargers

Started by chargerman69, May 19, 2016, 08:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerman69

My guess wood be for the movie

Lennard

Half Corvette,  half Charger.  :eek2:

ht4spd307

they sure know how to kill a car :eek2:

lukedukem

I like their movies. Can't wait

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

cbrestorations

Because of their movies I never used nitrous, I work too hard to put a floor in just to have it fall out when there's danger to my manifold under nitrous...

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: cbrestorations on May 19, 2016, 09:02:54 PM
Because of their movies I never used nitrous, I work too hard to put a floor in just to have it fall out when there's danger to my manifold under nitrous...

So much torque the chassis twisted coming off the line!

Dodge Don

cbrestorations

They destroyed 5 more chargers for the new fast 8, I bought some of the parts off those cars. They completely stripped them, cut the body off the frame rails and floor. Then they mounted the shell to a rally cross style chassis

Kern Dog

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on May 19, 2016, 09:54:13 PM
Quote from: cbrestorations on May 19, 2016, 09:02:54 PM

So much torque the chassis twisted coming off the line!

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 23 seconds or less, I'm free.

WHITE AND RED 69

Could have looked alright if they didn't add those goofy fender flares.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

cavemanno1

I like the movies and if compare those cars they destroyed to those guys who let their chargers rot on a field saying "one day will restore it" than it's not bad!They get the younger generation interested in muscle cars and who knows because of that how many muscle cars are saved from the fields.
I'm not happy about those cars being destroyed either tho.

myk

Didn't think they were Charger's.  Give it a rest Vinny; you should've stopped at #4....
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

cbrestorations

The movies did boost the chargers and keep them alive for the younger croud. When the first one came out I was in 10th grade I think. I remember the arguements...the charger would of killed that supra, no the supra can kick that chargers ass...lol

cavemanno1

Quote from: myk on May 20, 2016, 02:43:48 AM
Didn't think they were Charger's.  Give it a rest Vinny; you should've stopped at #4....

No,it's good they keep making them!My favourite is number 5 and 7.There isn't many car movies anymore and I always looking forward to see these!
These movies are not for everyone but what is?!You just can not please everyone and you should not even try!
Movies suck lately and I'd rather watch fast and furious 12 than another so called Star Wars movie.They should have stopped after the originals but as I said you can't and should not please everyone!

billssuperbird

BrianShaughnessy

Introducing the 68 Chamaro...   :icon_smile_blackeye:

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Lennard

They sure know how to ruin the beautiful body of a second generation Charger. :icon_smile_blackeye:

6spd68

Quote from: cbrestorations on May 20, 2016, 02:48:40 AM
The movies did boost the chargers and keep them alive for the younger croud. When the first one came out I was in 10th grade I think. I remember the arguements...the charger would of killed that supra, no the supra can kick that chargers ass...lol

LOL!!!  I'm in the exact same boat :2thumbs: ...  1985?
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Brian L

I think I watched the first one... maybe? If I remember correctly, it was a soap opera for boys.

cavemanno1

That's ugly just like the Daytona in number 6!

Dodge Don

The front bumper / grille looks good....the rest not so much.  :icon_smile_big:

tan top

I know there are a lot of fast & furious fans on here  , no offence guys ,

I think the films are crap , may be I was a bit harsh , just not for me ,  the first one was the best of the lot if I had to choose , even that though was .....  :scratchchin: ::)    , after that , they were  more & more  unbelievable , fantasy , farfetched , nothing like real life , might of well just of been a cartoon or a play station game , think I even heard a couple or one  of actors could not drive or  did not even have a drivers licence when one of the films was made ...  may be its just a age thing & i'm getting old .  looking at the latest  charger they are using  ,   with any luck , the second generation charger would have turned into a corvette / camero / chebby   by F & F 10 ,  there is  far more of those to destroy  :Twocents:

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

myk

Quote from: cavemanno1 on May 20, 2016, 12:25:36 PM
That's ugly just like the Daytona in number 6!

I actually liked that Day-clona.  My only issue was with the gas cap being recessed into the quarter panel...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

TPR

1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com