News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Resto has begun!!! PICS !! 69 b7 4 speed Assembly has begun!!! PICS

Started by Charger-Bodie, July 28, 2016, 10:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68RT440

Man I like both sets of wheels! I'm going to run Magnums and redlines on my car as well as Cragars wrapped in Polyglas RWL tires because I like both looks so much. I say just swap back and forth to keep it fresh...
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

6bblgt

keep the day two package concept "complete": white headers, purple hornies, keystones & rwl

I had purple hornies on my '67 W30 - couldn't hear myself think at 35mph  :eek2:

darbgnik

Man! I like them both! But I think I like the steelies better.

As above, no harm in swapping back and forth. I bought a set of 15" torq thrusts while my car was still in the shop, but now I think I'll just leave the steelies too. But I will probably just swap the others on there every now and then.....
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hemi-hampton on March 12, 2017, 01:32:26 PM
I like the body color painted rims on this particular car. I don't like the purple exhaust. LEON.

It's all in theme that the original owner made some changes.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

VegasCharger

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: cdr on March 12, 2017, 04:55:35 PM
Day two look for me.

:yesnod:

Car is looking great!!! You do some amazing work   :2thumbs:

I'm digging the white headers.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on March 12, 2017, 03:19:41 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on March 12, 2017, 01:32:26 PM
I like the body color painted rims on this particular car. I don't like the purple exhaust. LEON.

It's all in theme that the original owner made some changes.

OH, Ok, So you got a original look & a day 2 or what a original owner back in the day mods look. They both look good but depends on what you like & the look your going for. Nice car either way. LEON.

moparchris

keep the Keystones.  Steel wheels look like turd.  Nobody except poor guys kept steel wheels on their cars.  My Hemi 500 has steel wheels on it and every time I see them I cringe.  If I wasn't so busy spending money on other cars, I slap a set of aluminum slots on it in a heart beat.

JB400

Just 6T9 CHGR

I like both wheels but partial to the Redlines.....  RWL for '70+ in a stock type tire.

If you go Keystones get bigger rubber IMHO...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69 OUR/TEA

I'm for both , they both look sweet !!! But my fav would be the Cragar SS . The car looks so killer with that color combo !!!!  :drool5:

DAY CLONA

Nice work as always Brian!...as for tires, do like they did back in the day, toss the steelies in the garage, and run the aftermarket rims  :icon_smile_big:

alfaitalia

Heavy, ugly, rust prone, old fashioned looking steelies....whats not to like?! Each to their own though and I quite like some of the colour matched ones on a proper number matching, by the sheet, resto. But not for me. Anything that claims (or claimed) to be a performance car should be sheading that unsprung weight anyway possible!...so anything alloy or magnesium.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Charger-Bodie

Well I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I got it running and it seems to run really healthy. The bad news is the white hooker headers leak bad even with remflex gaskets. It's just gonna have to have a little less power cause I'm gonna go with manifolds now... I absolutely can not stand exhaust leaks......
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Dino

Well that sucks, sorry to hear man. Maybe you can have the flanges machined and try again?

I'm glad to hear she's running good though!   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Charger-Bodie

Manifolds are now in. Hopefully I will still be able to use the hornies. Got the back glass installed the other night,and snapped on the trim for it too. Went on nicely,which in my experience is not normal. I've had the door glass in for a few weeks but tonight I got the fine tune adjustments done. Roofrail weatherstrips installed and hopefully tommorow I can concentrate on some more interior work.

Charger-Bodie

:popcrn:

Charger-Bodie

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

daveco

Positively love the white interior.
Wheel & tire wise, it really needs some grip commensurate with the HP.
R/Tree

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487