News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1971 Door & window seals

Started by road/track, January 02, 2017, 10:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

road/track

Hi all,
As my resto mod project coming along and I want to order some parts to get doors and windows completed I need some clarifications.

I'm trying to figure out the differences between 1971 R/T, SE and other variants of door and window seals (rubber, cat whiskers etc)

I found this Top Cat whiskers at Dantes https://dantesparts.com/shop/mopar-catalog/weatherstrip-and-gaskets-mopar-catalog/cat-whiskers-top-catwhiskers-correct-side-window-sweep-kits-b-body/
However these are for R/T and different variant for Superbee.
What are the difference whit these and what will be the difference for an 1971 SE?
I found this old Topic but not all the answers I'm looking for http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25460.0.html

Also, how about roof rail seals, what is the difference between 1971 R/T & SE?

-1971 Charger SE U-code 4spd track pack, one of 29...
-1971 Charger R/T 440 6 pack auto
-1961 Chrysler 300G CV, one of 337
-2014 BMW 435i M-sport

ODZKing

Hmm, very nice. Dante's is having a sale BTW, 10% off $49.99 or more.
I can forward the email if you like.
That does not answer your question, BUT they might be there today of you call.

69bfan

The difference in the roofrail seals is that the 73/74 Charger SE had the fixed opera window.  Otherwise, the quarter windows are the same for the 71 to 74 years.  The door seals again are the same for that time period.  For the window felts, there was so many variations of the quarter glass felts that the Top Cat brand of felts now basically include the different components to either do a RT or Super Bee.  The rear inner felt differed from product line and there was no consistent area that should say how they should be equipped.  That is why it is easier to put both styles in the packaging to avoid the issues.  And as you noted, the 73/74 SE just complicated the issue more.  If you have more concerns, drop me a message and we will try to help you with any questions. 
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

road/track

Thanks for explaining 69bfan, Bottomline then, it's only cosmetical differences and they will fit.  :2thumbs:

ODZKing, yes I got the mail too from Dantes and wanted to order.
Thanks
-1971 Charger SE U-code 4spd track pack, one of 29...
-1971 Charger R/T 440 6 pack auto
-1961 Chrysler 300G CV, one of 337
-2014 BMW 435i M-sport

Nacho-RT74

71/72 Hardtop and coupes ( including 71 SEs ) are the same weatherstrip everwhere ( fuzzies and seals )
72 SEs are same weatherstrips on seals and doors fuzzies but not on quarter window fuzzies.
73/74 hardtops and coupes, same weatherstrips everywhere between them. Shares also the roofrail and door end caps with 71/72.
73/74 SEs are diff monsters, but doors related sharing the same hardtops and coupes

quarter jam seals are diff between 71/72 and 73/74 hardtops/coupes, and unexistant on 73/74 SEs

P.S.: Actually, being the 71/72 doors a bit higher on rear, can't recall if the diff height is set at the rear end cap or door seal.

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

rnjump

I also have a '71 R/T. When I got my kit from catwhiskers I noticed the interior rear fuzzes did not have the clips that the originals had. I couldn't see a way to move mine over to the new piece either. I can provide pictures if needed.

69bfan

What brand of the felts did you purchase?
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

rnjump

I assume cat whiskers. I will look. Thanks