News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's your non-Mopar project car?

Started by Homerr, January 08, 2017, 09:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q5XX29

Quote from: moparstuart on June 30, 2017, 06:17:36 PM
:drool5: My 1931 Nash 3 window coupe  Its still Mopar Motivated  :icon_smile_big:

Lots of terrific rides posted here, but wow- this one really struck a chord with me. SWEET!
dakota_gt on Instagram

moparstuart

Quote from: Q5XX29 on July 03, 2017, 12:16:33 PM
:drool5: My 1931 Nash 3 window coupe  Its still Mopar Motivated  :icon_smile_big:

Lots of terrific rides posted here, but wow- this one really struck a chord with me. SWEET!
Earlier incarnation before the 6 carbs and the new rear stance that i did over the winter
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Q5XX29

Quote from: moparstuart on July 03, 2017, 01:23:11 PM
:drool5: My 1931 Nash 3 window coupe  Its still Mopar Motivated  :icon_smile_big:

Earlier incarnation before the 6 carbs and the new rear stance that i did over the winter

Nice. Looks like a first-gen hemi? What are the brass knuckles for- can't quite make it out in the pic. Loom for the plug wires? Lol. Love it!
dakota_gt on Instagram

moparstuart

Quote from: Q5XX29 on July 03, 2017, 02:07:11 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on July 03, 2017, 01:23:11 PM

Nice. Looks like a first-gen hemi? What are the brass knuckles for- can't quite make it out in the pic. Loom for the plug wires? Lol. Love it!
tranny dip stick handle  

moparstuart

moparstuart

Q5XX29

Just fantastic. Thx for the additional photos.
dakota_gt on Instagram

Slowpoke

Instead of working on my 68R/T I've been helping my future son in law on his summer ride. They have been staying with us between school this year and he picked up this 87 Ram for 700.
new tie rods, some good used tires and a bunch of little repairs and its not a bad ride.
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

RCCDrew

Tilar

Quote from: 73rallye440magnum on July 02, 2017, 11:36:11 AM
'66 GTO that has been in my in-laws machine shed for a long time, and a field car prior to that. Rusty WI car.

I bought this for my wife last year. Dragging it to my garage soon and will make a pounder out of it for awhile. Real 389 4 speed 3.55 differential.

Drivetrain MIA so it's getting whatever dilapidated engine/trans combo I can zip tie together from the Pontiac graveyard that I married into.

This was the first time it saw daylight in over twenty years I think.

Next to the 68 Charger, that is my favorite car. My dad bought one new, 389 with a 4 speed. I loved that car. He kept it a year and bought a 67 F-100.  :(  I tried to talk him into buying a 68 Charger when they came out but he thought the truck was more useful.  :-\
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

RangerDan440

'77 Grand Prix.  Next to muscle-era Mopars, I have a fetish for the '70s GMs
69 Charger
71 Road Runner
71 Satellite sedan
73 Duster
10 Challenger R/T

Dino

Is that what Carrie Fisher drove in The Blues Brothers?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

morepower

it was an 89 RS camaro but mopar or no car now.
1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105

RangerDan440

Quote from: Dino on July 16, 2017, 07:29:06 PM
Is that what Carrie Fisher drove in The Blues Brothers?

indeed it is!  She wore it well, RIP
69 Charger
71 Road Runner
71 Satellite sedan
73 Duster
10 Challenger R/T

Tilar

Quote from: RangerDan440 on July 16, 2017, 06:45:39 PM
'77 Grand Prix.  Next to muscle-era Mopars, I have a fetish for the '70s GMs

I bought a new F150 in 1976 and then my wife and I went and looked at a new Grand Prix in 1977... They were only willing to give me $1500 for a 1 year old truck with 18k miles on it in trade so I explained in as nice a way as I could where they needed to park that Grand Prix.  :angel:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

alfaitalia

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on July 24, 2017, 03:14:30 PM
My wife's 1989 VW Cabriolet....

Nice...I used to sell those new. A little paint and replace those missing rubber mid line strips and she will be good to go!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

69bronzeT5

Quote from: alfaitalia on July 24, 2017, 05:49:52 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on July 24, 2017, 03:14:30 PM
My wife's 1989 VW Cabriolet....

Nice...I used to sell those new. A little paint and replace those missing rubber mid line strips and she will be good to go!

They're killer little cars. We've had it for just over 4 years now. I daily drove it from August 2013 to October 2014 then my wife daily drove it from October 2014 to May 2016. She bought a new Wrangler so we retired it and stuffed it into indoor storage. Eventually when I get some shop space, she wants to restore it and take it to VW shows. It needs some small rust repair, paint and I'd probably go over the engine as it has 279,000 kms/173,000 miles. Some of the interior needs replaced and the top is showing age but it's a solid base. We have tons of goodies for it including Recaro seats, BBS wheels. I have all the side trim.....it's all restored and waiting to go back on :)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69wannabe

Other than my charger I kinda got another vehicle I tinker with, the charger take up most of my extra cash but sometimes I put some time into my dad's old 85 F350 dually. He has pretty much given it to me since he has gotten older he never drives it anymore so instead of letting it rot down from neglect I decided to take it in and get it back to good running condition.

Started out with four new tires for the rear and it has a weird fuel system on it with a holley style carb and electric fuel pumps and two tanks. Had to replace both fuel pumps and rebuild the carb. Done a tune up and replaced the clutch and the u joint's and the center bearing on the driveshaft. That was several years back. Drove it a little bit and it done fine but the a/c hadn't worked in years and it was due to be fixed so bought a new compressor and accumulator and evap core and got the a/c fixed and working good.

After that the manifold gasket blew out on the passenger side and I tried to remove the manifold and broke three bolts off in the head. Well that sucked so pulled the intake and both heads and got them repaired and a good valve job done while I had them off. That was two years back and it runs good and quiet now. Also done the brakes all the way around too.

Last year had a good paint job done on it and had the seat re-done and installed a new cd player and two speakers behind the seat. Old truck looks pretty nice now but lately i have had to re-do the rear brakes again, dang dirt dobber's stopped up the vent hose and it blew both the wheel seals. Got that fixed and had to replace the radiator recently too. Also had to replace the brake booster and master cylinder recently and the distributor too.

Got a few more thing's i'm wanting to get done on it, the windshield leaks and would like to replace the original rubber floor mat with a new one. Always something to do on old one's......

69wannabe

Well I was trying to get the choke working better on my old F 350 and it had a riveted choke thermostat on it so I drilled out the rivets and it still wouldn't come apart so I took a little chisel and started working to get the rivet chiseled so I could get the choke apart and while I was working on the bottom rivet with the chisel a big chunk of the choke housing broke off. Well s--t!!!!! I had a few holley parts carbs but not like the one that was on the truck so nothing I had would work and I was wanting to change the metering plate in the secondary part of the carb but it was different too.

After thinking of slinging it to the woods after I basically broke it I got on the net and looked around to see what would be a good carb to put back on it, the carb that it had on it was a 4180 style holley carb which was a factory emission carb but is really similar to a universal 600 holley carb. I found a quick fuel black 600 carb that looked great and would pretty much bolt right back where the old one came off. Ordered it thursday and it came after lunch today and it went on pretty easily with me only having to modify the fuel line a little bit and add an in-line fuel filter and I had to run a new wire for the choke since the factory one only had 7 volts foing to it and the directions called for 12 volts on the new carb.

After getting it running and getting it onto the pad in front of my shop I set the float levels and lowered the curb idle down a bit and set the mixture screws a couple of times and took it for a test drive. It runs good and seem's a bit more peppy too!!! I brought it back and checked the float levels and they seemed to be a bit lower than they should have been so I adjusted them up a little bit and they are good and even now. The mixture screw's remained very consistent so I went over them one more time and the curb idle was up a little bit so I backed it down about an 1/8 of a turn and slowed it down just a couple hundred rpm's. All seem's well and my factory air cleaner actually fit back onto the new carb so I don't have to spring for a new air cleaner thank goodness.

I may have to loosen the choke a little bit since it doesn't take it long to want to choke after it sits for little bit and cools off. Shouldn't need much of a choke in the hot weather, maybe it will not be so hard to start after it sit's a few days with the new carb. The charger doesn't even have a choke flap and starts up pretty good after sitting all week without being driven so maybe this one will do that good now too.

Homerr

Yesterday I got another Midget for $300, this time a more desirable 1970 (as opposed to my smog-era big black bumper 1975).  It's a shell on a rotisserie and a bunch of parts - complete except front fenders and wire wheels (stolen apparently).  It has had a new driver's side floor welded in but stalled at that point.  It needs the passenger side done before bodywork and paint.  These had the free-revving 1275cc motor with dual SU carbs which have a lot of parts available unlike the later 1500cc smog motors.  Plan is to get the 1975 running and sell it, keep the 1970.

alfaitalia

Very cool. I've done a couple of them and a Healey Sprite. Easy sellers here with a good parts support. Not my sort of thing to keep but made me a few quid!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Homerr

Midgets are one of the rare cheap project cars still available.  They aren't huge on selling price here though, MkIII's go for $5-8,000 for nice ones and MkIV's are $3-6,000.  But at least parts are relatively cheap and available for the most part.  I'm using these as practice for an eventual Charger project.

I almost got a 1960 Bugeye last week, but I missed it by a day.  It was rough but complete, advertised at $3,000 but it was sold for $1,000 as it didn't have a title (a pain in the butt, but not insurmountable).

krops cars

Why can't I get pics to load? Why does it tell me that I have already posted it?

nvrbdn

I Have found that if I have a group of pictures loaded at the same time in a folder, I have to name each pic to get them to load. Also if you attempt to load a pic and it is too large, after changing the size, you also have to change the name. Just a couple things I have found. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House