News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's your non-Mopar project car?

Started by Homerr, January 08, 2017, 09:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Been a work in progress for 2 years. Aiming for a mid 12 second sleeper. Currently putting a 9" diff together for it.

Still lots to do....

68CoronetRT

My "Other" project. Started around 8 years ago, sold my half of it to my brother last year. I couldn't hang with the upkeep anymore, the mopar is enough upkeep as it is! haha. It now has an LS motor and Th400. In this pic it was a boosted 22re, around 225hp on 91 pump gas.

Started literally with a frame. It's back halfed now like this pic. Fun times for sure! Just so much money and the fab work involved is way beyond my skill level.

Tilar

Quote from: 68CoronetRT on August 18, 2017, 10:49:46 AM

A friend of mine and I would love to do one of those... but it is way beyond my financial ability.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Vegas_Nick

Traded my FJ in for a BRZ. Wife has some health issues that has put her in too much pain for the off road and camping life any more.

Got this one now:

All I see is this:

Except that the Dodge is winning the mod race!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Vegas_Nick on August 19, 2017, 07:07:23 PM
Got this one now:
Until I saw that 2nd pic, I was ready to post WTF is that??  :lol:
BTW, in case you didn't know, Subaru spelled backwards is U-r-a-bus. Sooo...nice bus. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger_Fan

My project (light project) today was my Townie. Oil change & plugs, then off to snap some pics at an old Sinclair station 40~ish miles south of me. Good thing I wasn't running on fumes, because they were closed for the day when I arrived.  :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Vegas_Nick

Quote from: Charger_Fan on August 20, 2017, 02:01:31 AM
Quote from: Vegas_Nick on August 19, 2017, 07:07:23 PM
Got this one now:
Until I saw that 2nd pic, I was ready to post WTF is that??  :lol:
BTW, in case you didn't know, Subaru spelled backwards is U-r-a-bus. Sooo...nice bus. :icon_smile_big:

HA! I'll get that for my tag!

ACUDANUT

Sinclair to me means a Murderer.  Google his name 1940's UK.

Charger_Fan

I guess you'll have to elaborate a bit more, because I can't find where the Sinclair oil company, or Harry Sinclair himself (the founder) had murdered anybody.

Now if you're talking about Archibald Sinclair, who has absolutely nothing to do with the Sinclair oil company, except to share the same last name...then yes, that guy may have murdered someone at some point. Probably during the war. However, since he has absolutely nothing to do with the Sinclair oil company, I don't see how you can equate the Sinclair name on an old gas station to murder.

But if that is the case, then you may as well say that Lyndon B. Johnson to you means hotels. Because Howard Johnson's is a hotel chain & they share the same last name.:slap:

alfaitalia

Lol...well Sir Clive Sinclair did try and murder personal transportation design in the UK with the C5 for a while back in the 80s....!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

ACUDANUT

Archibald Sinclair ruined that name. Oil or not.

moparstuart

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 22, 2017, 12:47:10 AM
Archibald Sinclair ruined that name. Oil or not.
???  what does that have to do with the price of tea in china   :shruggy:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nvrbdn

I would have to say that if you are going to China Stu. Just take your tea bags with you. :icon_smile_big:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

Quote from: nvrbdn on August 23, 2017, 10:38:12 AM
I would have to say that if you are going to China Stu. Just take your tea bags with you. :icon_smile_big:
i'll remember that , when i never go there
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

jwells1993

my 78 bronco been tinkerin with here and there but is now my daily driver  :drive: since my daily driver nissan is in the shop :flame:
keep on keepin on

Those old Fords are tough as nails. I used to beat on mine daily for a number of years and it never missed a beat.

Is it a 351c?

krops cars

I have restored a 79 F150. I really miss this truck.

jwells1993

Quote from: 440 on August 29, 2017, 10:33:39 PM
Those old Fords are tough as nails. I used to beat on mine daily for a number of years and it never missed a beat.

Is it a 351c?

keep on keepin on

Homerr

My stable has grown this year.  Ok, they are Midgets, but I'm only in to them for $950 for all 4 cars plus an additional $625 for an additional hood, 2 doors, fender, engine, trans, bumpers, and a box full of carb rebuild kits.  I now have all the drivetrain, wheels, body panels, replacement sheetmetal, and other major parts to make 3 cars out of the 4.  Would take about $15k to buy all other misc parts to finish the 3 (interiors, trim, etc.) as DIY projects.

Seems these are about 1/60th the price of Chargers right now.  I plan on finishing and keeping the '70 which is the one on the rotisserie.  The others are fix up a bit and sell.  Here's an idea when done what to expect.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFaj5lDaBN0

Back N Black

Quote from: Homerr on November 19, 2017, 04:34:55 PM
My stable has grown this year.  Ok, they are Midgets, but I'm only in to them for $950 for all 4 cars plus an additional $625 for an additional hood, 2 doors, fender, engine, trans, bumpers, and a box full of carb rebuild kits.  I now have all the drivetrain, wheels, body panels, replacement sheetmetal, and other major parts to make 3 cars out of the 4.  Would take about $15k to buy all other misc parts to finish the 3 (interiors, trim, etc.) as DIY projects.

Seems these are about 1/60th the price of Chargers right now.  I plan on finishing and keeping the '70 which is the one on the rotisserie.  The others are fix up a bit and sell.  Here's an idea when done what to expect.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFaj5lDaBN0

That's cool!  :2thumbs:

smithenhiven

Homer, what are the MG hardtops worth?  My wife's grandpa sold his MG a couple years ago (not sure what year his car was, but looked nearly identicle to the ones you posted), but the buyer didn't want the hardtop.  He offered it to me, but I habe zero use for it other than to try and sell it.

krops cars

2018 Denali 6" lift and wheels

krops cars

A AMX a guy had restored and then hired me to fix it. It is at the Kenosha museum until September 2018

ACUDANUT

Alfaitalia  should post his other non-mopar here.  I am busy working on a 71 Military M-151 Jeep.  :cheers:

RallyeMike

Got a free 70's MTD riding mower and was able to get it running without too much effort. Now, trying to decide if I should flip the drive pulleys, remove the deck and race it, or turn it into a driveway grader.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/