News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's your non-Mopar project car?

Started by Homerr, January 08, 2017, 09:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HANDM

73 Datsun 620 pickup.
Bought it from a friend for $300 and rescued it from dying a slow death as he was using it to grow tomatoes in the bed.  :'(  :rotz:  :brickwall:

mr. hemi

2013 Subaru BRZ. Wife's car, but she decided she doesn't like it. it is about to get a Jackson Racing super charger kit installed. Now that I have all of this down time due to the plague.
You know you are vintage when someone says, "Back in the day", and you can dispute their facts.

krops cars

alfaitalia

Nice...my friend has a red one....but the near identical Toyota GT86 version.....handles nicely....but needs another 100 horses or so to find the chassis limits....has way too much grip for the available power to be much fun in the dry..sounds like you are going to cure that problem!  :2thumbs:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

kamkuda

Just sold but ...
1993 Supra Twin Turbo RHD

Homerr

Smithenhiven, this is a couple years later but from what I see locally hardtops get listed at a few hundred dollars but seem to take months to sell waiting for the right person.

In the last couple of years I sold the complete blue '66 Midget and the red parts car.  I did get one replacement, a non-running '73 TR6.  I bought it from a Chevy guy who had thought one day he'd put a small-block in it but recently decided he was never going to get around to it.  Luckily all he did was replace the rusty floors.  I apparently needs a starter and the carbs rebuilt, but turns fine.

I owned a '69 TR6 thirty years ago and was partially inspired by this guy's videos to play around with another.

Elin Yakov's Rusty Beauties

b5blue

Great cars. I had many Triumph sports cars.  :2thumbs:

mr. hemi

Quote from: mr. hemi on May 04, 2020, 02:37:34 PM
2013 Subaru BRZ. Wife's car, but she decided she doesn't like it. it is about to get a Jackson Racing super charger kit installed. Now that I have all of this down time due to the plague.

Completed the supercharger install on the BRZ. Took about 12 hours over a few days. Car is a blast to drive now.
You know you are vintage when someone says, "Back in the day", and you can dispute their facts.

Troy

Nice! Those cars seem so underpowered - even though they are really fun.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ACUDANUT

I'll stick American/Euro projects !!

HANDM

My current non mopar project is an 87 Nissan 300zx that sat abandoned for 12 years before rescue. Original paint cleaned up nice, it now runs and drives after a few repairs.
Awaiting new carpet to finish off the interior.

mr. hemi

Quote from: Troy on June 01, 2020, 12:02:42 PM
Nice! Those cars seem so underpowered - even though they are really fun.

Troy

The super charger ads about 60 rwhp. That underpowered feeling is now diminished. Very balanced power application in the tune.

oldgold69

1972 gran torino sport fastback   my wife had one when I first met her

odcics2

Hmmm, I never owned a foreign car, never will.
Never owned a Ford or GM product either.

:2thumbs:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Dino

Delorean. Bought it last week. I had been looking for one in crappy condition for a while because I can't bring myself to take apart a good one. It'll be getting a fuel injected V8 and custom interior. Front end will be dropped to improve the stance and body will be polished. Gonna finish the Charger first though.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

70 sublime

Quote from: Dino on June 07, 2020, 10:28:23 AM
Delorean. Bought it last week. I had been looking for one in crappy condition for a while because I can't bring myself to take apart a good one. It'll be getting a fuel injected V8 and custom interior. Front end will be dropped to improve the stance and body will be polished. Gonna finish the Charger first though.

Cool project

The guy that owns our local drive in movie theater has one or had one
He used to store it out behind the snack shack
I never saw it on the road and it is no longer there now
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

alfaitalia

Cool...I guy not far from me has  DeLorean...a full "Back to  the Future" replica...flux capacitor and all!

ACUDANUT

Quote from: odcics2 on June 06, 2020, 12:41:47 PM

Hmmm, I never owned a foreign car, never will.
Never owned a Ford or GM product either.

:2thumbs:

I won't buy any Japanese Cars.  They don't buy ours.  :Twocents:

alfaitalia

Neither do we....do you buy British cars???! Guess not as there are not many built here...just these, and many of those are not British owned!!!

British owned
Morgan Motor Company Ltd (Aero 8, Plus 8, Roadster, Plus 4, 4/4, 3 wheeler)
Caterham Cars Ltd  (Seven)
Mclaren Automotive  (570S, 540C, 570GT, 650S, 675LT and P1)

Made in Britain
MINI – MINI, MINI Clubman and MINI Countryman, in Cowley, Oxford
Honda – Civic and CR-V in Swindon
Toyota – Auris, Auris hybrid and Avensis in Burnaston, Derbyshire
Nissan – Juke, Qashqai, Note and Leaf and Infiniti Q30 in Sunderland, Tyne and Wear
Lotus – Elise, Evora and Exige in Norfolk
Aston Martin – DB9, Vantage, Rapide, Vanquish, and DB11 in Gaydon, Warwickshire
Bentley Motors – Continental, Flying Spur and Mulsanne in Crewe, Cheshire
Rolls Royce – Ghost and Wraith in Goodwood, West Sussex
Jaguar – F-Pace and XE in Solihull, and F-type, XJ, XF and XE in Castle Bromwich, Birmingham
Land Rover – Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque in Halewood, Merseyside, and Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Land Rover Defender in Solihull, West Midlands
Vauxhall – Astra at Ellesmere Port and Vivaro van in Luton

b5blue

Back in the 80's I had 2 TR-4/TR-7/Spitfire.  :2thumbs:

Rolling_Thunder

my 1998 4Runner...    originally a stock V6 2wd auto I bought to take to Washington DC during my USAF time....   

Got Bored and did a 5-speed swap,  4x4 conversion, small lift, wheel/tires, E-locker conversion...

I've driven it across country three times thus far...    fun little capable thing...    rust free with <$4000 in it total (Truck and mods) - got it in 2013 with 68,000mi on it and now has 152,000mi with no issues.   

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

b5blue

Done fixing up my Yamaha:

Cooter

my 31 Model A with 440 and 4spd. My 68 Big block Dart, and my 72 to 70 Challenger 440 4spd.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: John_Kunkel on June 18, 2020, 01:26:59 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 07, 2020, 10:30:03 PM

I won't buy any Japanese Cars.  They don't buy ours.  :Twocents:

You'd be surprised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmZ5kmFgBBc

They buy a fraction of what we buy from there. I lived there. !!