News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's your non-Mopar project car?

Started by Homerr, January 08, 2017, 09:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCCDrew

Thornbirds have a bad reputation from "real (web) wheelers", but I had a lot of fun when I had them on my old truck.  :2thumbs:

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Troy on January 10, 2017, 12:16:14 PM
I forgot the expensive one... 1970 Mach 1 originally 351C 4V shaker, close ratio 4-speed, Bright Blue Metallic with white interior, front and rear spoilers (no louvers), and power disc brakes. Needs work. I do have the 351C, shaker, and correct grill with the fog lamps but they aren't installed. Another post reminded me of the furry interior but I don't have any good pictures (just a partial view in the rear seat pic).

Troy

Always loved these Troy!   Nice looking car! 
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

1970Moparmann

Every car for me is a project.  I can't leave anything I own alone!  LOL.     Last year I had a newer Mustang that I "made my own" and drove it a lot.   Just traded that and my 2010 F150 and have been modding my new 2016 F150.   Can't leave these thing stock....  :nana:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

A383Wing

We have 8 cars total, all are Mopar related except the 2 below...a 1973 Pontiac Grandville convertible, and our newest car, a 2004 Mini Cooper S

Q5XX29

"A fool and his money are soon parted"...

That pretty much sums me up, when it comes to automobiles. I have over 20 collector/fun vehicles at this point, and the collection grows by 2-3 per year. Pretty eclectic- Mopars including Hemi and wing cars, Fords including a GT and an aluminum CSX cobra, a McLaren, an M38 Willys jeep, '57 T-bird, I'm all over the place...  :smilielol:  BUT- even though everybody looks at them and thinks they are all finished cars, I still have mods/improvements/goals for each of them! I think that is the hallmark of the disease we all have- we are never fully satisfied with our machines. Continual evolution and improvement, more power, fix a leaky gasket, etc. Always something!! But I've been teaching my kids, and finally the older ones are at the point where they are starting to be useful enough to be a real help.
dakota_gt on Instagram

draftingmonkey

My non-Mopar project is a 1953 Jaguar XK120 DHC (Drop Head Coupe). My uncle bought the car from the original owner in '55, so has been in the family for a year or two. Here are some pics.

Engine before restoration
Engine after restoration
The body is beat, but at this time I am leaving what is left of the original paint alone
Pic of the engine out of the car for those interested. A work of art really.
Have restored the engine, trans, all running and electrical systems. Took pappy out for a early morning spin and his GPS indicated 112MPH, the cars speedo said 115, pretty close.

RCCDrew

That's the most awesome project car on this thread!

John_Kunkel

My only non-Mopar project. Modern copy of a car I drove when I was 18.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Charger_Fan

Cool car, John. I sure don't see Olds, Pontiac & Buick from that era nearly as often as Chebby's these days, so that's pretty neat.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

smithenhiven

It's not a car, but here's my current project I'm working on.  Kinda like a whizzer motorized-bicycle, but it's actually a Honda.

67tbird

Quote from: smithenhiven on January 12, 2017, 06:48:13 PM
It's not a car, but here's my current project I'm working on.  Kinda like a whizzer motorized-bicycle, but it's actually a Honda.
Can you actually pedal the bike, or do you have to run off engine. I think my knees would be hitting the headlight if I had to peddle. Dave

smithenhiven

Yeah, you can still pedal the bike.  In fact, this engine only has 1/2 hp, lol, so chances are you'd be pedaling more often than not.  It's probably only good enough to keep momentum going on flat ground.

JR

Heres my E36 M3. This was my modern day dream car back in high school, and ive had it a few years now.

Its done many track day events since ive owned it, Road Atlanta, Roebling Road, Talladega Gran Prix, and Atlanta Motorsports Park. I would like to attend Virginia International Raceway this year hopefully.

I was lookimg for a coupe when I bought this convertible.  It was too nice to pass up. But I still have the itch for a coupe, so ive been telling myself I am probably going to sell it this spring to finally get the coupe, but who knows. I cant bring myself to list it.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

67tbird

Quote from: smithenhiven on January 13, 2017, 07:22:30 AM
Yeah, you can still pedal the bike.  In fact, this engine only has 1/2 hp, lol, so chances are you'd be pedaling more often than not.  It's probably only good enough to keep momentum going on flat ground.
Yup, not a lot of power, I would  probably have to pedal downhill as much weight as I have packed on over holidays.
P.S. thanks for not spell checking me on peddle(sell) vs pedal(sweat). Dave

Homerr

I have to admit that when I started this thread I wondered if several Mach1 Mustangs and screaming-eagle Firebirds would show up.  So far only Troy's car.  I have a theory that in the non-Mopar / domestic / muscle-car realm there were only a few non-Mopars which appealed enough to the Mopar crowd and those two are the most prominent.

JR

Quote from: Homerr on January 14, 2017, 10:31:15 AM
I have to admit that when I started this thread I wondered if several Mach1 Mustangs and screaming-eagle Firebirds would show up.  So far only Troy's car.  I have a theory that in the non-Mopar / domestic / muscle-car realm there were only a few non-Mopars which appealed enough to the Mopar crowd and those two are the most prominent.

I have a pet theory that alot of Mopar guys would be Pontiac guys if they had to choose another make.

Seems like alot of overlap.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Vegas_Nick

My other money pit:

2010 FJC that has seen 70,000 miles from northern Cali to the tip of Baja.

VT_Dart

My other project is a Mazda RX7 with an LS1/T56 swap.  I don't know if I feel worse about the import body or GM engine, but it's quite a bit of fun either way.  It's actually my son's project now I guess, since he's been helping rebuild it again to be his first car.

alfaitalia

My little side project. Merc CLK 200Kompressor (Supercharged). No much of a project as it only needed a stat, a stereo and a real good clean inside and out, little bit of paint....plus a few niggles you get with any used vehicle. Pretty tidy for 146,000 miles!! 32-36 to the (UK) gallon too so its my go to work vehicle for now....up for sale now though....need four doors for the kid!! The AMG4 wheels cost the previous owner £2227 when new ($2715 about)....without the tyres!!! LOL!

I replaced that old stereo with a nice touch screen one (nice as in cheap and Chinese but so far so good...sounds better than the factory one too!).

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Charger_Fan

^^^ Your heat control settings are gonna confuse the poor thing. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

alfaitalia

Yep!......That's what happens when you let a seven year old sit in the front!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

A12 Superbee

Ford Falcon 1974 XB GT sedan. It may look familiar to any Mad Max fans.

Exactly the same kind of car Max is seen adjusting the dizzie cap at the start and running down the "Niiiiiightrider" in his Interceptor ('this one hurts, it's one of the V-8's, very toey'.)

A12 Dodge Superbee Coupe 4 speed Car number 157 in the A12 Registry.
XBGT Ford Falcon sedan, same model as Max drives in The Roadwarrior, the yellow car he starts off in.
WANT: Triple black 68 or 70 Charger!

Homerr

I think a lot of the old Aussie cars have quite a bit of cool factor.  AKA just odd enough!

A12 Superbee

Best of both worlds.
A12 Dodge Superbee Coupe 4 speed Car number 157 in the A12 Registry.
XBGT Ford Falcon sedan, same model as Max drives in The Roadwarrior, the yellow car he starts off in.
WANT: Triple black 68 or 70 Charger!

XH29N0G

Son's car - neighbor sold to him for 1$ but then never took the money.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....