News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

parts car superbird for sale

Started by BigBlockSam, January 16, 2017, 09:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

moparstuart

drivers door hanging, wonder if they cut the vin sticker  out of the door too

62 Max

That car sat on the roof of that wagon since it was totaled in 1972,it was 12 mi from me until last winter.It was a Tor Red 6 pk console 4 s pd.I have had the fender scoops and console since 1982,the diamond corner pieces are on my bird,I could have had it for just removing it but wasn't interested,the owner was a personal friend of mine.He had removed all the numbers years ago,probably still somewhere in the barn.He passed away at the age of 75 about 12 yrs ago.There were about 100 cars in that field.mostly Mopar,half have been crushed,the balance soon to be.Here are a few pictures of what is left.

Beep Beep Dave

Thanks guys you are awesome.

Bill is that the yard the Mod Top A12 Bee was in?

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

62 Max

Dave,no on the yard,it's an old farm.That is in Pleasantville/Alum Bank,PA.either will show on Google Earth, Map it, it is only 1/2 mile south of town on Rt 96 (Courtland Road).I also "had" the bare block that I bought from the original owner .He kept the some of the drive train when he sold it after he wrecked it to the fellow that I mentioned above.I sold the block to a fellow in NJ.about 15 yrs ago,the Dana went into my 70 Bee in place of the 4.10 rear,the transmission is in a 69 Hemi RR about 20 mi from me.The car was sold new at H.E.Wagner Motors,Johnstown,PA.also about 25 mi,never left the area.

62 Max

Quote from: cudavic on January 17, 2017, 10:20:15 AM
Most expensive piece of trim ever as this is the only usable part I can see.

I had the driver side,both were scuffed on the top when the car was on it's roof.

62 Max

Quote from: djcarguy on January 19, 2017, 08:57:11 PM
Now $3850 resreve not meet???

Has anyone asked for drivers side pics??

Looks like it spent years on the ground with other car-- cars stacked on top?? then put up on the old wagon after it was full of rot an roof damage??     savable??  maybee?

Roof damage came from being rolled.

djcarguy

Is the guy who wrecked it ,alive an still in the area? 

:popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs:

62 Max

Stevetona

Looks like the ad is gone off eBay . Wonder if the fender tag and VIN is hanging off some rusty nail in the barn? ::)

dave14

Finally a bird in my price range....!  it would be nice to save  it for the sake of having a real bird but where do you even start ? Without any tags ,#s or important parts its more yard art than anything else ..... i guess my Satellite will  have to play the part some day once I have all my parts

62 Max

Quote from: Stevetona on January 20, 2017, 12:15:56 PM
Looks like the ad is gone off eBay . Wonder if the fender tag and VIN is hanging off some rusty nail in the barn? ::)

Knowing what I know it probably is along with this,my friend was no dummy !

farm966

timmycharger

Quote from: 62 Max on January 20, 2017, 03:07:52 PM

what is that?

white

I remember seeing this car when I was 8 years old! Dad was buying parts for a charger we had. I wish I would have taken pictures of that car back then.

cudavic

Quote from: timmycharger on January 20, 2017, 03:31:25 PM

what is that?

One of the areas where the cars VIN is stamped.

70 sublime

Does that not look like there are two notches cut out of the lip
Another one closer to the back window ?

Is that not where the wing washers are welded to the trunk opening edge ?

It looks more like they cut that out to get wing washers out maybe ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: 62 Max on January 20, 2017, 01:21:54 AM
Dave,no on the yard,it's an old farm.That is in Pleasantville/Alum Bank,PA.either will show on Google Earth, Map it, it is only 1/2 mile south of town on Rt 96 (Courtland Road).I also "had" the bare block that I bought from the original owner .He kept the some of the drive train when he sold it after he wrecked it to the fellow that I mentioned above.I sold the block to a fellow in NJ.about 15 yrs ago,the Dana went into my 70 Bee in place of the 4.10 rear,the transmission is in a 69 Hemi RR about 20 mi from me.The car was sold new at H.E.Wagner Motors,Johnstown,PA.also about 25 mi,never left the area.

Thanks Bill. Seems like the yards around you were full of Mopar Muscle.

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

62 Max

Dave,a few but not much left anymore.If you didn't use Google Earth,here is what the place looks like now,all the empty space was filled up to early last year.

timmycharger

Quote from: cudavic on January 20, 2017, 03:45:52 PM
Quote from: timmycharger on January 20, 2017, 03:31:25 PM

what is that?

One of the areas where the cars VIN is stamped.

Right, of course. for some reason I was thinking it was related to the wing. Thanks!!

wingcarenvy

If it was cheap enough I would love to have it on a shelf in my shop as garage art. I am very glad to hear that the numbers aren't on another car.

A383Wing

Quote from: wingcarenvy on January 22, 2017, 12:15:13 PM
If it was cheap enough I would love to have it on a shelf in my shop as garage art. I am very glad to hear that the numbers aren't on another car.

More than likely on some other car out there somewhere

62 Max

Quote from: A383Wing on January 22, 2017, 01:37:59 PM
Quote from: wingcarenvy on January 22, 2017, 12:15:13 PM

More than likely on some other car out there somewhere

Absolutely not !!

500Jon

It could have been repaired 'back in the day'!

Sadly NOT

Like this limey Challenger it can be repaired too, but ------the 'powers to be' won't allow it to be put back 'on da road'

Currently for sale in Canterbury UK for $1000 a 1972 4-speed, 340 Chally.
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!