News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Green car haters

Started by BDF, February 09, 2017, 10:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDF

Hello- First post here so be gentle...I have a green car for you to pick on if you want but I am techno-illiterate so you have to wait for pictures. Like I said it is green so what's the rush right? My car's birthday is March 19 and my goal is to get some pictures on here by then. I was going to join '69 registry but read the drama instead but in the meantime picked up some really good info here and wanted to be a part of it.
Future posts will be much shorter than this intro.
My Dad bought this car new. It is the first car I drove (in '72), he put 150k on it- I rolled it over to 200k in 2004ish. It is a numbers matching, never wrecked 2 owner car. My father & myself. He gave it to me as a wedding gift.
!!!!!THANKS DAD!!!!!
It has had 1 engine overhaul (MILD, future topic) and 1 repaint in '87. I went through car A few years ago and been driving it every chance I can since!
The poor thing is a 20 footer from road rash so I think the old girl deserves some fresh make-up this spring.
Here is what the fender tag looks like:
END
M31  R11  V1W   V88   26
G11   G33   H51   J25   L31   M21
A01   A04   B41   B51  C16  C55
    F6   C6G   F8   319   187768
E86   D32   XS29   L9B   326xxx
I look forward to many pleasant exchanges, Thanks!

Homerr

Welcome!

The pics can be hosted here if they are under 200kb each and a unique name - of all the pics ever uploaded to this site, so mash the keyboard for a unique name.  Or host them on Photobucket or another free hosting site and post the link here.

I think for many of us it's the triple greens and green interiors that are a bit much.  But, hey, at least you have a white top!  I look forward to pics.   :2thumbs:

marshallfry01

Welcome to the site! Can't wait to see pictures  :popcrn:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

green69rt

Another green car owner says Hi!   :wave:

Baldwinvette77

My car was originally green.. then red.. then everything.. now black  :lol:

Kern Dog

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on February 09, 2017, 10:50:29 PM
My car was originally green.. then red.. then everything.. now black  :lol:

Hey...Me too, sorta.
Mine started out either F8 or F7. Back in 2001 I lost the fender tag. I didn't think it was that important at the time!   :brickwall:

Welcome BDF.....

I have grown to appreciate the green cars. One that is well preserved is a great time capsule as to how SO many of these cars were built back then. How often do you see ANY new cars with color coded interiors anymore? Most seem to be  variation of black, gray or tan. Some of our cars came with white interiors! Some looked like a homage to Halloween with an orange and black seat combination. WHuuuuuuTT ????

FY1 Charger

IMO F6 green is one of the nicest colors on a 2nd gen charger

BDF

Thanks all-
F-6 IS my favorite!
I have read the help topics here pretty well & do NOT (don't call BS!) have a 'puter at home and am using iphone.
I can use a friends computer but is there anyway to do something like email pics to this site? My phone will downsize them small enough. I am using a company phone and can not download apps.
In the meantime I WILL review the help topics & experiment. Most likely to be booted off for screwing something up.
Later. I hope...
If I need more help I will ask for some in appropriate spot.

PS: I've gotten used to the F-8 interior over the last 40 some years!

charger Downunder

[/quote]

VegasCharger

Hello BDF and welcome.

If you want I can post them for you. Send pics to my e-mail and I'll post.

slayervegas at gmail

Bryan

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

johnnycharger

It's a beautiful car he has...  

Kern Dog

Holy cow, that is nice. Very unusual too.   :2thumbs:

lloyd3

For any of these cars to have survived for almost 50-years now is something of a minor miracle. Green, black, blue or other, the fact that they still roll down our roads is a testament to somebody's care and hard work along the way.  Ugly cars don't last anywhere near that long, certainly not in any numbers. These 2nd generation cars are as much art as they are wheels and that art has a lot to do with why many of them are still with us.

6bblgt

we green car (F3, F4, F5, F8) owners hate F6 - "bright green metallic" because we wish our cars were "that GREEN!"  :2thumbs:

BDF

Thank for posting that Johnnycharger, appreciate it!
Yes, that is one of my family's jewels...
I had no idea how great this site would be. Like some great big disfunctional family.
I've already had occasion to interact with Kern Dog.
I am aware that grammer & punctuation are highly regarded on this site.
However, mistakes will be mDe.
Johnnycharger and I are gonna cruise this summer because we DRIVE ours!

BDF

VegasCharger- Thanks for the offer!
I'll take you up on it, stay tuned.
Thanks everyone!

Kern Dog

Quote from: lloyd3 on February 10, 2017, 12:06:32 AM
For any of these cars to have survived for almost 50-years now is something of a minor miracle. Green, black, blue or other, the fact that they still roll down our roads is a testament to somebody's care and hard work along the way.  Ugly cars don't last anywhere near that long, certainly not in any numbers. These 2nd generation cars are as much art as they are wheels and that art has a lot to do with why many of them are still with us.

How many people are restoring a 1969 Toyota Corona? A Fiat Strada? A Ford Maverick...? :lol:

69rtse4spd

Welcome & very nice car  :drool5:, had a 69 that color I stripped out back in the day, still have the doors & other stuff. If I remember right just the shell what I got. Nothing wrong with green, got a 69, A4, green top & interior 4-spd S.E. talk about strange.

BDF

Thank you Vegas Charger!
I'll send a couple your way.
Appreciate it!

VegasCharger

Quote from: BDF on February 10, 2017, 12:43:41 AM
Thank you Vegas Charger!
I'll send a couple your way.
Appreciate it!

No problem.   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Here you go DC.com

:cheers: :cheers:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

cdr

wellcomb BDF , it shure is nice too halve you hear, I like that grean it is cool lookin.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Kern Dog

BDF

Well this is the 3rd time to try to thank VegasCharger & all.
Stupid thums. :shruggy:

marshallfry01

Damn that's a good looking Charger!

And that's quite the pet beside it... is that your guard dog?  :icon_smile_big:  :scratchchin:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.