News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fun math problem

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, February 14, 2017, 02:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinlow

top view  is the same as the front. so the object is a cube.

It is a cube with a hole turning 90* encased in it, or it is a cube with a tee shaped hole encased in it or it is a cube with two or three holes bored thru intersecting at the center.

So the view is a square or the same view you have shown as the top.

In the words of Mr. Spook, "insufficient data" to decide between the two choices.

ws23rt

Quote from: XH29N0G on February 20, 2017, 04:44:45 PM
Now I feel completely lost. I suppose it could be something like this, but I do not know how the third dimension is represented.  

PS.  This should be my #1970 post...

If you project a top view of your (side view drawing) -- the circle will be below center. ---And a front view will show it to be above center.  :scratchchin:

Sorry I miss spoke a bit above and fixed it. :shruggy:

Also maybe my mentioning 3D was misleading.  It was not intentional.   I just ment to say that this can be fabricated (in 3D :shruggy:) with dimentions added for size.
The third view (the question) just shows the missing information needed.

ws23rt

Quote from: flyinlow on February 20, 2017, 05:11:08 PM
top view  is the same as the front. so the object is a cube.

It is a cube with a hole turning 90* encased in it, or it is a cube with a tee shaped hole encased in it or it is a cube with two or three holes bored thru intersecting at the center.

So the view is a square or the same view you have shown as the top.

In the words of Mr. Spook, "insufficient data" to decide between the two choices.

There is enough data here.   In your proposals hidden lines would identify just where holes start and end in the top and front views.
As far as I know their is only one answer.

XH29N0G

??
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

ws23rt

XH29N0G

Weird.  I would not have gotten there if you hadn't pointed out the high low thing. 

Now I have a 1970 charger and am on post 1972  :icon_smile_big:

Or maybe it protects us. 

flyinlow

possible solution

flyinlow

The sphere and the curve of the modified prism would be tangential and only share one molecule. Therefore you want to use a very strong material such as solid Neutronium  (Star Trek the original series)

In the last view , if the the object was oriented with the arrow pointing toward a very strong source of gravity, say near a singularity in the range of lets say 10,000 G's The sphere and the prism could be separate ,just held in position by the high coefficient of friction from 10,000 G's

I think.   :shruggy:

Mytur Binsdirti

Try figuring out math problems the new common core way....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YMbKh9a0Sk

timmycharger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 02, 2017, 01:09:05 PM
Try figuring out math problems the new common core way....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YMbKh9a0Sk

HAHAHA perfect Mark! 

It is pretty bad that I need to check with a friend who was a math major in college to help me help my kids with their homework..  F that!!

JB400

If they'd continued the number line to the left, it would have been easy to solve.

And yes, it's a dumb way to have to do math homework.

XH29N0G

I remember getting lectured about doing math the wrong way, and that was in the 1970's...........

Or maybe it protects us. 

DeltaV

Ma and Pa Kettle are turning in their graves.
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel