News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What thickness glass setting tape

Started by BLK 68 R/T, March 08, 2017, 02:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLK 68 R/T

68 Charger. What thickness tape do I need for the window regulator bracket. Thanks  :2thumbs:

Dino

Are you talking about the triangular bracket you attach to the door glass? If so you don't need setting tape for that, something like 15# felt paper works fine. IT's just there to prevent scratches on the glass by making the bracket fit snug on the glass.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

BLK 68 R/T

That's the one. I will give the felt paper a try  :cheers:

Dino

I had remnants of the paper in my brackets and it was pretty thin, like the felt paper. This is the repro stuff. I have the same kit but haven't installed the paper yet. It uses N-8094 gasket material. You can google it and see what it is. Felt paper still works fine though.  :icon_smile_big:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/66-70-Mopar-B-Body-Road-Runner-GTX-Charger-Front-Door-Window-Hardware-Set-/381982551786?hash=item58efef2eea:g:IX8AAOSwHmhV7ewR&vxp=mtr
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

timmycharger

I bought the gaskets for the actuators but really didn't need to. What Dirk describes below will work perfectly.

Where you may need the glass setting tape is for the vertical stainless seals for the back edge of the glass where it meets the quarter glass.  I bought 1/16 and 1/32 sizes for that.  The 1/16 tape was too thick for my glass, and the 1/32 tape was slightly too thin, but I fixed that with some 3M super weatherstrip adhesive, its going nowhere now.

I think it was because I had aftermarket AMD side glass, I heard that they were thicker slightly than OEM but I couldn't compare as I sold my original glass long ago.

BLK 68 R/T

I will have to check those out as well and see what I need. Thanks for the heads up on that  :2thumbs: