News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What clips do I need? Inside door latch

Started by timmycharger, March 11, 2017, 09:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmycharger

I installed the cloth covered long rod that goes on the lever of the inside handle to the door latch and I don't know what the clip looks like for the latch end.  I may have it but I am not sure. Does anyone have a pic of it? thanks

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

timmycharger

Hmm will have to see if I have those.  Thanks Dirk, that would be very helpful if its not too much trouble, I pictured something different. :2thumbs:

Dino

My bad! It's been a while and I'm starting to forget things. That's the clip for the little lock rod. The one for the long rod is different.

This is the other one:

timmycharger

timmycharger

Do they even exist to buy? Unless I am not searching correctly, I didnt see them in mega parts, rt specialties or even ebay :shruggy:

69bfan

Mike, I have a kit that provides all of the pieces that are necessary to replace everything at one time.  I will pull one and get a picture of it so that you can see everything that is in a kit.
Thanks,
Richard
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

69bfan

Mike,
The clips that we carry are the same as pictured above and some of the are offered individually.
Richard
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

timmycharger

Thank you both. Richard i didn't evenn think to see if you had those, ended up picking up a similar set like the one in the link before I saw this.    I figured one of them would work lol..   

timmycharger

Things look a bit different in my door than yours it seems. Are there different pieces in 69 door latches? That clip on your door latch rod doesn't look like any of the ones in the links, is it plastic?

Dino

You mean the one at the top of the 2nd picture? Yeah it's plastic. It connects the rod that goes to the door lock knob rod. I think I have the same one on both sides but I'll have to check to confirm. My 68's been gone for over 15 years so I don't recall how the setup was on that one, but seeing the door lock knob was further back there's a difference in the mechanism.

timmycharger

Oh right. Forgot the knob moved. Actually the lower one, pictured alone in the bottom pic

Dino

That one's metal. I assumed they are the original ones because they are the same on either side. I thought the plastic ones in the link would replace those. Maybe they're supposed to be plastic? I dunno. Let me check my FSM.

Dino

It's hard to tell on a drawing, but I think this looks like the metal clip on my car. The second pic is the closest I found with a Google image search and it's for a Camaro. It may be the same but I'm not sure. These should be available though if these were original. I don't get it...

timmycharger

That is so strange.. That looks like it. :scratchchin:

Dino

It's the same principle so if the rods are the same thickness then it would fit.

Dino

Dino

BLK 68 R/T

Pretty sure I've seen those at the big parts houses before. Dorman brand I think?

timmycharger

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on March 12, 2017, 10:13:15 PM
Pretty sure I've seen those at the big parts houses before. Dorman brand I think?

Good to know! :cheers: