News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

factory option ?

Started by 70 sublime, March 20, 2017, 08:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

Could you get a tilt telescope steering column in a 69 Charger from the factory ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Mytur Binsdirti

cbrestorations

i have seen one in a charger out of a newport or newyorker i think it was

70 sublime

There is a local 69 project Charger listed for sale this morning and it has one in the car with a asking price of $17000

I asked for pictures of it
I bet his car will have 2 keys one in the dash and the other in the column

Baldwinvette77

Bronzedodge

I'm not sure about the 60's, but by '72 the Chryslers were using Saginaw (GM) columns.  There was an adapter plug to mate the lower column mounted ignition switch to the standard Mopar ignition plug.   :Twocents:
Mopar forever!

70 sublime

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on March 20, 2017, 02:24:36 PM
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/markham-york-region/1969-dodge-charger/1248042420?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

This? with those wheels it could have an aftermarket column, ididit? flaming river?

I asked for some pictures but still waiting
I would image he has had a few emails on the car by now
Said he has the fender tag still

Nacho-RT74

71/72 did, but as far I know not earliers or laters
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: 70 sublime on March 20, 2017, 07:30:07 PM
Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on March 20, 2017, 02:24:36 PM
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/markham-york-region/1969-dodge-charger/1248042420?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

This? with those wheels it could have an aftermarket column, ididit? flaming river?

I asked for some pictures but still waiting
I would image he has had a few emails on the car by now
Said he has the fender tag still

Don't worry, at 17 large, that car is going nowhere soon, but no matter, as you still couldn't get tilt wheel in it.

Charger_Fan

I have a tilt/telescopic column that I took out of a '72 Imperial Lebaron that I parted out in the 90's. It has a rim blow steering wheel, but the rim blow ring is buggered up. One of these days I might do something with it. :blahblah: :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Charger_Fan on March 21, 2017, 01:18:16 PM
I have a tilt/telescopic column that I took out of a '72 Imperial Lebaron that I parted out in the 90's. It has a rim blow steering wheel, but the rim blow ring is buggered up. One of these days I might do something with it. :blahblah: :lol:

If you don't use it, I'll buy it from you. :callme:

I'm serious. :yesnod:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 21, 2017, 01:32:29 PM

Hmmm...I may take you up on that. :) I'll try to remember to dig it out this weekend & make sure it hasn't turned into a pile of rust dust.

I'll get back to you. :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Charger_Fan on March 21, 2017, 01:41:06 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 21, 2017, 01:32:29 PM

Hmmm...I may take you up on that. :) I'll try to remember to dig it out this weekend & make sure it hasn't turned into a pile of rust dust.

I'll get back to you. :cheers:

:2thumbs:

70 sublime

Well this guy is sticking to his guns and says the column in his car is a rare factory option

email I got

And yes he column is a factory option and very cool

Some new different pictures added to the ad  

At least there is no key in the column  ;)

Anybody know what that steering wheel is from ?

TommyGun

66 Newport, imperial, 300 is my guess. 

70 sublime

My next email after I asked him this

How do you know the tilt wheel is a factory option for a 69 Charger ?
I can not find that listed anyplace as an available option
Do you have a picture of the fender tag that I can look at to see if it says anything about steering wheel ??

Says nothing about it on the fender tag but I spoke to a bunch of mopar guys and I've been told by a lot of them that it's available as a factory option either way it's super cool and will make for a more comfortable drive 

I guess he is covering his butt by saying " either way "

Mytur Binsdirti

It is/was a factory option, just not on a 68-70 Charger, or any other A or B-body from that era.

Draco

That car is rough, I think a good price for that car is in the $2500 range. No way in Hell that was factory column.

70 sublime

Up here in the great white north that car would sell in a couple of hours if it was listed at $10 000 Canadian with no trouble at all

71_Charger_R/T

Looks like the same exact wheel as a '67 Imp. just missing the horn button with the winged bird.  :Twocents:

Bronzedodge

Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on March 24, 2017, 02:54:45 PM
Looks like the same exact wheel as a '67 Imp. just missing the horn button with the winged bird.  :Twocents:

Good call.  And the C bodies had the key in the dash, so it works.   :2thumbs:
Mopar forever!