News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Upstate New York

Started by 69DAYTONASE, March 23, 2017, 10:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69DAYTONASE

Seems like anytime I talk to someone from down south of out west, and they find out I'm from NY they assume I'm from NY City or at least some city.
The reality is I've never even been to NY City! Truth is I am nothing but a gun totin' country hillbilly that lives in the middle of farm country and I hate cities....all of them!
Most of NY state is rural and small towns, why does everybody think all of NY is a city? :shruggy:
"My other car is a farm tractor"

timmycharger

Had to drive to Syracuse, NY from Northern MA for work last summer.. definitely not NYC up that way  :lol:

Chad L. Magee

The same reason why some people in America still think we are fighting Native Americans on the great plains of Kansas like they see in Westerns.  It is called ignorance of the facts... :eek2:

Yes, I have actually been asked that by more than one person each from the NE area and from the west coast area...  :slap:
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Mytur Binsdirti

From what I've been told, Upstate NY begins at White Plains.    :yesnod:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 23, 2017, 12:13:07 PM
From what I've been told, "Upstate" NY begins at White Plains.    :yesnod:

ODZKing

Yeah, anything north of the Tapanzee Bridge basically.
I am from Syracuse and I get that all the time. OR I say I am from Liverpool and they ask "UK"?  "No, Liverpool, NY".

Kern Dog

When I was in Fort Sill Oklahoma for Army Basic Training in Feb 1984, there were guys there from all over the country. Many from the south. They assumed that everyone in California was either GAY, a surfer or an actor.
I have never been in a movie or on TV. I don'town a surfboard and I have never had a man in my butt.

69DAYTONASE

Quote from: ODZKing on March 23, 2017, 12:28:13 PM
I am from Syracuse and I get that all the time. OR I say I am from Liverpool and they ask "UK"?  "No, Liverpool, NY".

You and I are in the same area, I'm just west of Warners, when someone asks where that is I tell them east of Memphis and they always ask: Tennessee?
:shruggy: :smilielol: :hah:

Just 6T9 CHGR

You mean there is more to NY other than Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan & 'Da Bronx? 

Do tell! ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: 69DAYTONASE on March 23, 2017, 02:59:12 PM

You and I are in the same area, I'm just west of Warners, when someone asks where that is I tell them east of Memphis and they always ask: Tennessee?

Not me, I'm in Patriots country.  :2thumbs:

69DAYTONASE

Oh....I meant the guy from Liverpool, NY.   :slap:

hawkeye

I lived just south of Syracuse for 15 years.  Great people, wonderful scenery and a lot of cultural events.  The 2 months of summer were great but the rest of the time the weather sucked.  Because of the snow, cold and high taxes, I decided it was time to relocate.  Went to the city once, don't care if I ever go back.

ODZKing

Quote from: 69DAYTONASE on March 23, 2017, 02:59:12 PM
Quote from: ODZKing on March 23, 2017, 12:28:13 PM

do you have the purple Daytona?

69DAYTONASE

I have the B7 blue Daytona SE....there's a barn find purple Superbird that was in Baldwinsville and shows up occasionally at shows, it has a 426 Hemi transplant in place of the original 440. Is that the one you are thinking about? :shruggy:

ODZKing

No, definitely a Daytona, that was parked off to the side at our  Mopar show a few years back. Haven't seen it out in a while. It was a dark blue or purple, I'm color blind.

69DAYTONASE

Oh yeah....that was my car! I parked sideways next to the row against the north side of the sledding hill. :yesnod:

DeltaV

There used to be some old Mopars sitting inside the auto repair business next to NBT in Newark Valley, N.Y. on Rt38.
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

E86/A47

Saratoga Springs here and am also a country boy, hate cities!

69DAYTONASE

Hell must be one big giant city! :flame:
I drove down to Philly once to look at a 4x4 pickup and stayed about 30 mins. The place looked like a war zone and mumblypegs everywhere! :shruggy:
With all that history there and the place just sucked, didn't even want to see any of it....just wanted to get on the road out to the country areas again. :yesnod:
(By the way the city boy lied his cuss-ed butt off about the pickup-it was a beat, bondoed, piece of crap) :slap:

Kern Dog

69DAYTONASE

Mumblypegs....y'know, people that have given themselves a self induced chemical lobotomy by drug abuse!...they wander around the streets talking and mumbling to themselves, mumblypegs! :scratchchin: :rotz: :P

Kern Dog

Uhhh, okay.   :shruggy:
That is funny, I just have never heard the term before.  :2thumbs:

dual fours

Mumbleypeg,  I've always known it as a game we played with knifes. 
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

69DAYTONASE

Exactly where the term was borrowed from only in this case the person stabs their brain with dope until zzzzzorch! Brain damage! :o :eek2: ::) :shruggy:

Kern Dog

That is creative, I just call them burnouts, tweekers, fry-brain, idiot, Liberal jerkoff... :hah: