News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Found a 68 charger in a junkyard!

Started by Baldwinvette77, March 31, 2017, 12:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Lighthorseman on December 07, 2017, 10:31:32 PM
This build is just awesome...on SO many levels.  :2thumbs:

its crazy how economical it is too

in canadian dollars i have just under $5200 in it., i had some stuff laying around like the glass and grill, and 70sublime gave me the trunklid and taillights and i sold a lot of parts off the 300 but depending on where you source your parts and donor vehicles you can have a primered 2nd gen for around 5 grand USD, it wont win any car shows, but it will be fun  :cheers:

brad mcintyre

do you need to have an e test and will that be a problem

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: brad mcintyre on December 12, 2017, 07:44:09 AM
do you need to have an e test and will that be a problem
as it sits yes it will need an E test, but no it should pass since I never messed with the emissions equipment. However by Ontario law, if I were to rip out the late model hemi and replace it with an old Mopar 360, the car would be branded as a hotrod and it would no longer get require a test. Hotrod brands are given to cars that are normally required to be tested but have had their original engines replaced with one not offered by the manufacturer for that year, so I could also replace it with a hellcat hemi.

Baldwinvette77

so i found a set of plymouth valiant door panels for $25, i mutilated them and tek screwed them to the charger, also im experimenting with fender patch panels to extend the 69 fender past the 06 rocker  :scratchchin:

Also screw winter

ACUDANUT

Baldwinvette77

yeah i know, i need to trim it down, i probably wont even use half of the entire patch panel when im done

Harper

nice build, MORE Pictures Please!! i am digging it!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :yesnod:
1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)

BDF

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Harper on January 12, 2018, 06:56:03 PM
nice build, MORE Pictures Please!! i am digging it!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :yesnod:

this is all i got man, hopefully i'll be driving it soon, and with black steelies instead of the aluminum 6 spokes

JR

Black steelies?

You mean LX cop car steel wheels?

Those would look perfect for this car.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Baldwinvette77

Yup  :yesnod: i'd love to get a set of those with the center caps

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

VegasCharger

djcarguy

I like the 6,or 12 spoke wheels you have now. they look to have some depth or out set to them.  like the red oxide primer to. thats what i had on one of my 69 darts,before a kid ran a light an plowed the side in on my dart.

I think in the next few years you need to find another 2nd gen an make a daytona,maybe on new big hemi chassis ???   Someday  hellcat hemi Daytona???   like reading an seeing ya builds.. DJ   :2thumbs: :popcrn: :cheers:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on January 24, 2018, 03:41:28 PM
 I like the 6,or 12 spoke wheels you have now. they look to have some depth or out set to them.  like the red oxide primer to. thats what i had on one of my 69 darts,before a kid ran a light an plowed the side in on my dart.

I think in the next few years you need to find another 2nd gen an make a daytona,maybe on new big hemi chassis ???   Someday  hellcat hemi Daytona ???   like reading an seeing ya builds.. DJ   :2thumbs: :popcrn: :cheers:  :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

Looks to be turning out pretty nice. Good work. When you look back at what you started with and now have this. Wow. Quite a transformation. This is not a big shop process either. I like it.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Baldwinvette77

Thanks guys.. although i still haven't done it, im still going to use the cop car wheels, they're an 18" wheel that looks like a 16" just because of how its built.

i haven't done much since the weather is still lame here, but i did stick cheapo emblems on it, stickers on the quarter glass for a lot of stuff i dont own (it hides the adhesive) and a giant freaking hood scoop, once i change the wheels it'll look exactly how i wanted... well.. almost  :yesnod:

nvrbdn

Why do we have the second gas cap on the fender? :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: nvrbdn on February 23, 2018, 10:50:33 PM
Why do we have the second gas cap on the fender? :shruggy:

the one in the stock location i stuck on just because i had it laying around, i wanted to use it to fill the car, but the the late model cap and vent tube wouldn't work with it, so i just reused the stock 2006 stuff and have another cap to access that. It basically just has to do with emissions control.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Baldwinvette77

so i've actually gotten a good amount of stuff done but my old phone died and took all my pictures with it  :rotz:

but i finished the outer wheel houses with the help of some goodmark reproductions, and i also bought some 68-70 rocker skins which took up the empty space between the quarter and the fender, and used some 68/69 cutlass rocker moldings to help disguise the height.

also i changed my mind yet again on the wheels, i bought a set of steel wheels for $50, some trim rings for $80 and with the help of some silver paint these now look like some chinese bootleg rallye wheels... i mean if you squint while drunk they do...

timmycharger

It's been a while since I checked out this project, looking good man, keep it up! Loving this one and the other beast you were building before  :cheers: :cheers: :popcrn:

Baldwinvette77

Thanks man, i love them both, but i like the fact that this is basically a modern R/T charger just with some old sheet metal on it, it should make a for a pretty good daily or road trip car  :drive: