News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger steering wheel

Started by CB Freshness, April 10, 2017, 03:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB Freshness

I've been doing some looking around for a steering wheel for my 68. I havent been able to find one similar to mine yet, all i can find is wood grain or plastic. My steering wheel is wrapped in leather with stitching on the back, is this a factory option or did someone do this later? help me mopar gurus

Lennard

moparfan53

As Lennard said above, it was done later. Below are the three factory wheels as shown in the '68 dealer data book.

68ChargerJMP

On a side note...I'm not sure about the first two, but the third one, which is what I have....smells like vomit...just sayin'. I'm not sure what they used to make the simulated wood grain plastic, but it stinks. I even wrapped mine in black leather and you can still smell it.

Lennard

Quote from: 68ChargerJMP on April 14, 2017, 07:10:10 AM
On a side note...I'm not sure about the first two, but the third one, which is what I have....smells like vomit...just sayin'. I'm not sure what they used to make the simulated wood grain plastic, but it stinks. I even wrapped mine in black leather and you can still smell it.

Don't drink and drive.  :nana:

CB Freshness

I have the one on the left wrapped in leather

Tilar

It's not some aftermarket cover that someone put on it, is it?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

timmycharger

That Vomit smell is quite common, its plastic rot, similar to an old screwdriver, at least mine  :icon_smile_wink: