News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Should window fuzzies be felt or rubber?

Started by professor-patrick, May 02, 2017, 10:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

professor-patrick

Have had several different brands of window fuzzies over the years with varied results.  The latest set is from PUI and are junk - they fit way below the window lip and stuck out so far that I could no longer roll the window up or down.  I even tried cutting the rubber lip back 1/4 inch on each seal (inside and out) with no luck.

Were original fuzzies actually felt or the "j" lip rubber that is produced now?  Are Cat Whiskers Top Cat brand felt or rubber?  Thanks.
Dr. Patrick Hagerman
Lead Designer - Scotlea Hot Rods
www.scotlea.com

Dino

Originals were felt. Topcat is the one you want.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Nacho-RT74

:iagree:

they are the closer to the originals known
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

69bfan

I have been involved with providing samples; both used and NOS, test fitting and selling the Top Cat window felts for over 25 year years now.  Like any reproduction, there have been advancement and changes in the felts through the years to make them as correct as possible.  The window felts were never just a rubber lip attached to a piece of metal to basically be a rubber squeege rubbing against your glass.  Depending upon the year model and body style, the window felts varied and as the years progressed, the profiles become more complex.  The Top Cat felts are all designed to duplicate the factory originals.  The same attaching clips and locations are the same as the originals.  Some cars used a black bead, some had a chrome bead, some was a round bead, some a flat bead.  So if your trying to find the most correct window felts for your car, the Top Cat felts are as close as you will find to original equipment pieces.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

professor-patrick

Dr. Patrick Hagerman
Lead Designer - Scotlea Hot Rods
www.scotlea.com