News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Armrest Kit

Started by q8charger, May 03, 2017, 12:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armrest

where
2 (66.7%)
link
1 (33.3%)
where
0 (0%)
link
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

q8charger

Hello ,

I'm looking for new Armrest  kit the seam one i had . Where i can find one for my car 1969 charger ?

Lennard

Many vendors sell them but I have mine from classic industries.

XH29N0G

Are there some repops that are more like the originals rather than like a foam brick?
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

69bfan

I buy the pads from two different manufactures and both are no where near the quality of the originals.  The stitching detail is incorrect on all of the reproductions.  One manufacture sells them in molded colors and the other only offers black and white.  Also, no provisions for the rear ashtrays.  The same goes for the chrome armrest bases.  Although the wholesale price is almost $3 less than one manufacture, the chrome plating on these bases is of a lesser quality than the more expensive bases.  That is why I would suggest purchasing them if possible by holding them in your hands.  Some people would be ok with the lesser quality, but there are distinct differences. 
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

Dino

Yep get the more pricey bases. I've had them on my car for a few years and they're very nice. I'm looking for good condition used front armrests though, I do not like the repros at all.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

timmycharger

Got mine at Year One... The bases are nice, but the armrests themselves are basically a foam brick as described, not quite the right feel. I was able to save my rears luckily, just need to dye them black.  The screws they give you are too short, had to re use my old ones.

VegasCharger

I have a nice rear black armrest pass. side with ashtray no chrome base. Good driver quality.

$30.00 + shipping.

:cheers: