News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any photos of Daytona or Superbird wings on reg cars?

Started by Bad B-rad, May 20, 2017, 01:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad B-rad

Anyone have any photos of regular Chargers with Daytona wings on them? Or Roadrunners with the Superbird wing?
I was just clowning around on the internet, and I kinda wanted to see what a Daytona wing would look like on a regular rear window Dodge Charger, would the trunk even open?
I have NO INTENTION of doing this, just curious, about the look.
Then the next step would be photos of Roadrunners with the wing, or other old Mopars with the wing from a Superbird or wing from a Daytona mounted on them.
Thanks in advance.

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Bad B-rad

That's cool, nice job. I can't wait to see it when you are done. Got to be an awesome feeling driving a Daytona/Superbird around, real or clone, when you are behind the wheel it has to be just sweet!!!!

There has to be a bunch of photos of Regular Chargers with the Daytona wing on it or RR with Superbird wing?

I  wanted to see it from the rear 10-15 feet away and a head on shot,to see it with out the nose cone.

UFO

Bad B-rad

Not bad. I thought for sure it would look so weird, and not having that sloped back glass would just stand out, but it really isn't all that different or bad looking.

I could defiantly  see myself building  a Daytona clone.
I doubt I will ever be able to afford a real one. So maybe one day. 

djcarguy

Bad B-rad

What about any Road Runners?

I see a lot of guys putting Hellcat hoods(and the bumper cover) on 6 cylinder and R/T Chargers today,so much so that Mopar has a huge backorder of the Hellcat hood.
I figured guys would have been ordering up the Daytona wing or SuperBird wing and slapping that thing on everything,back then.

Dave Kanofsky

I have a pic somewhere of a SuperBird wing on a VW bug, taken at the Heath cruise during the Mopar Nat's a few years ago, when there was a bug convention somewhere nearby. 

Very disturbing...
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Bad B-rad

Oh I remember that Nats!!!
The VW thing was right down the street.
I was more thinking of the wings and or nose on Chrysler Stuff.
I kinda  thinking a 70 RoadRunner may look good with that wing.

djcarguy

Search an read...  Dartona an pics of wing cars not factory   ,,, pix,dart,cornet an tona an bird ragtops,,enjoy

Daytona clones around the world

wing cars in a convertable state

unusual mopars

a383Wing  his purple tona has ,,? had stock back glass 99 to now? Hotrod 98 had rr with bird wing. djcarguy.

Lighthorseman

This first picture has convinced me to go the "tunnel-ram-and-tail" route until I get all the nose bits put together... :scratchchin:

Bad B-rad

Oh that GTX looks very, very good.
I had a feeling about those 70 'Runners and GTX looking good with the wing.
I almost feel the 70 Plymouth RoadRunner and GTX looks better with just the Superbird wing, then a 69 Charger looks with just the Daytona wing.
And with that air grabber OH LA LA!!
 I would totally rock a 70 Roadrunner with that wing it looks so right!!

Just my taste, but the 69(I think) yellow one just don't look as good as the 70 to me. I like the stance and fat rear wheels, but the grill and rear side scoop just adds something,at least for me.

And I agree go wing and tunnel ram until you get your nose, just stay with the round headlights, those square ones ugh.

RCCDrew

I believe the one with the square headlights was the Rapid Transit System road runner.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Bad B-rad

So your daughter is getting ready to go out tonight with a new boy she just met, you hear a rumble outside and then a horn beeps.
She yells to you "See you later, dad, don't wait up!"
You look out the window and see this thing sitting in your driveway!!!!

That is really bad ass.   

DAY CLONA

Quote from: RCCDrew on May 24, 2017, 04:51:53 PM
I believe the one with the square headlights was the Rapid Transit System road runner.

Uhhhhh...No

RCCDrew

Quote from: DAY CLONA on May 25, 2017, 09:07:23 AM
Quote from: RCCDrew on May 24, 2017, 04:51:53 PM

Uhhhhh...No
My bad. No wing.

hotrod98

Back before I bought my Superbird, I put one of my wings on my 69 roadrunner just to see what it would look like. I took it off after I bought my bird.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?