News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1971 Charger Fender Replacement P/S

Started by 1970 RT/SE, May 21, 2017, 12:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970 RT/SE

I must have been lucky all these years because I have never had to replace a fender, till now. I am replacing p/s side fender with another good used one. the car will be getting painted at a later date but i want to get this fender off. Any words of wisdom before I start? I was going to take off front valance, take out grilles, disconnect headlights and then disconnect bumper brackets . Am I on the right track ?

Nacho-RT74

front valence can stay there but just loosen from fender. Remove grilles to reach the side fender to bumper "bumperette" and some other misc brackets to the bumper, same than some of the valence bolts.. Rest is like any other car ( splash shield, antenna, cowl to fender bolt... )

of course, disconect sidemarker and fender urn signal if equipped.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

71charger_fan

The only tricky one is the fastener at the top rear of the fender that points down. It's accessible from the rear with the door open.

randy73

Quote from: 71charger_fan on May 22, 2017, 08:01:18 AM
The only tricky one is the fastener at the top rear of the fender that points down. It's accessible from the rear with the door open.

You can also get to it be unbolting the bottom two bolts and the splash shield, after removing the bolts and shield pull the fend out a little and you can get a deep dish socket on with no problems.

1970 RT/SE

Thanks for the advice, I will be starting later in the week .