News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do you think still owe to your Charger ?

Started by Nacho-RT74, May 21, 2017, 07:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho-RT74

For those who got the car already done, but allways thinking on a next upgrade... what do you think still owe to your car for a next upgrade?

Myself, and mostly due the lack of funds they are on list for a future
-100 amps Tuff stuff alt
-Bilstein shocks.
-11.75" rotors slider caliper brackets.... drilled and slotted rotors allong with that, which are available by centric. ( already have those on the original setup )
-rear spring sliders
-Firecore distribuitor ( not the ready to run one )

Some of the actual parts on my car will need to be replaced sooner or later, but talking about the upgrades, those are the ones I remember now

Post your next parts to be got for upgrades.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

69wannabe

Just bought a set of stealth heads and had them prepped at LaRoy engines. Always wanted to do a set of aluminium heads and finally bit the bullet and got some ordered and just got them last week. Hopefully in the head swap I am going to try to get this rear main seal leak fixed that's been bugging me for the past year. I am in the process of pulling the engine as we speak, already have head gaskets, head bolts, intake and valve cover gaskets. Got two oil pan gaskets too and am looking forward to doing some much needed cleaning and a good re paint on the engine. The heads look awesome by the way and I can't wait to see how they run out. Would have gotten started on it earlier last week but I was in the middle of a heater core replacement in my 2000 jeep grand cherokee which included pulling the entire dash and heater box out of the jeep. Needed to get that done and out of the way before I started on my charger.

Got started on it yesterday with my son helping me pull the hood and get it off and to a safe spot. Got all the top and front of the engine stripped basically and all that is left is getting the motor mounts, headers, and bell housing bolts and it should come on out. Gonna have the radiator guy rod out the radiator and make sure it is good and was thinking of having my headers powder coated depending on the cost's.

Was planning on maybe next year going to some TTi headers and maybe some different mufflers but haven't made up my mind on that yet. Also wanting to do some 69 seat covers and replace the 68 seat covers that are in it now. Since my charger is mostly 69 now I would like to do some 69 seat covers. The 68 covers are in good condition and they were bought new by me in 04 or 05 i think. I hope they upholestry guys can pull the 68 covers so they can be reused and I can sell them to someone needing a good set of 68 covers.

Always thinking of the next upgrade whether it be something major or minor. Would love to drop in a 528 hemi someday but that's way more money than I can realistically dump into something at one time, but hey we gotta dream right!!!  :yesnod:

bakerhillpins

I'm a long way out on upgrades but I just bought all the parts to rebuild the front end suspension. Ball joints, steering linkages and the like. She is in dire need of them.  :eek2: :yesnod: Hope to get that all done in the next few weeks.

Unfortunately my motorcycle decided it wanted it's carbs rebuilt (stuck float somewhere, gas everywhere  :o :o ) so pulled that down yesterday and can hopefully clean and reassemble during the weeknights.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

will

493 sitting in the garage waiting for its day, right next to a dana with 3.55's. Working 12 hour shifts with family pulling in other directions, plus the trans is slipping on the 2-3 upshift. So I'm busy...

BDF

I owe mine new tires/wheels & some paint & back to 3.23s from 3.55s for loooong road trips, unless I go to 27" tires all around then stay with 3.55 for awhile.  :shruggy:  :cheers:

lloyd3

The first bath of 2017, a detailing, and then maybe a tune-up (points & plugs).

JR

Just ordered some trick suspension components, but the near future plans involve water methanol injection, and some form of fresh air intake. Maybe a glass hood with a hemi scoop??

Since I've been driving it so much recently, I've noticed a big power loss after the car is driven for an hour and the engine compartment has heat soaked. I have a lab thermometer probe ran under the hood by the throttle body, and the difference in power and responsiveness between cold, first start 85 degree air, and the 130 degree air that the engine bay sits at is HUGE.

That is a must fix issue soon.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

ACUDANUT

smithenhiven

cbrestorations

Lennard

I ordered a Ridetech 4 link for my hooptie.

qwick68

I should prolly do a set of plugs as well, and one one those restoration oil filters (when I change the oil of course)
68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

Paul G

The engine it deserves. 500" stroker is in the design stage. 
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Laowho

Quote from: BDF on May 22, 2017, 09:06:08 PM
I owe mine new tires/wheels & some paint & back to 3.23s from 3.55s for loooong road trips, unless I go to 27" tires all around then stay with 3.55 for awhile.  :shruggy:  :cheers:

That's what we're doin for our 3.23, and we're addin .80 OD. Will do 78 mph @ 2500 rpm when finished. Right now it has huge 29" rears, no OD, and still revs too high to be satisfactory for any lengthy interstate trips. Figured w/ the new OD we could also enlarge the wheels/reduce tire sidewalls, give up 2" tire height in rear but gain overall responsiveness, specially w/ new rear springs/shocks/sway bar. All waiting to go in after this weekend.

67tbird

A garage that doesn't have it's own star field during daylight, sill plates that are AGL, stud bays that don't vary from 12-32"(impossible to insulate w/o going the foam route), and a cement floor so I don't have to worry about those pesky little fires while I am welding(years worth of cardboard ground into the gravel floors in a save the knees campaign).

Daytona R/T SE

BDF

Quote from: Laowho on May 25, 2017, 06:28:11 AM
Quote from: BDF on May 22, 2017, 09:06:08 PM

That's what we're doin for our 3.23, and we're addin .80 OD. Will do 78 mph @ 2500 rpm when finished. Right now it has huge 29" rears, no OD, and still revs too high to be satisfactory for any lengthy interstate trips. Figured w/ the new OD we could also enlarge the wheels/reduce tire sidewalls, give up 2" tire height in rear but gain overall responsiveness, specially w/ new rear springs/shocks/sway bar. All waiting to go in after this weekend.
I am seriously considering OD also. Cruising up Hwy 1/101 is one thing, InterState 5 is another! :cheers:

BrianShaughnessy

I'm about to pull the trigger on a firewall forward AC kit for Sinnamon.   OK... I'm getting quotes....  err looking on ebay.  It's probably another winter / spring project but whatever.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.