News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger garage barn find today amazing time capsule

Started by moparstuart, June 03, 2017, 04:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

moparstuart

Jacked all 4 wheels up to test the trans and see if it would go into gear and run / Drive 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPwFNTjZqL8
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Kern Dog

Seeing those camper type mud/snow tires on the back brought back a few memories!  :2thumbs:

moparstuart

Mytur Binsdirti

moparstuart

Barn find goes back into a barn ,  drive in the barn yard  :icon_smile_big:

alfaitalia

Very cool that it appears to run so well.......well done.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

moparstuart

Quote from: alfaitalia on July 17, 2017, 08:38:24 AM
Very cool that it appears to run so well.......well done.
yup it was alittle noisey at first but once the liters pumped up it quieted right down and purrs like a kitten  

ACUDANUT

INTMD8

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

moparstuart

Quote from: INTMD8 on July 18, 2017, 07:49:16 PM
Is this thing for sale yet?  :icon_smile_big:
:icon_smile_big:  not  , i dont plan on it ever  .   But sometimes life gets in the way

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

moparstuart

well as you can see my washer bottle is toast  , well i was just going to keep it that way as is and slowly look for a used one that was still solid but in the correct color/patina   . Because a brand new white one would stick out like a sore thumb

Troy

They sell "aged" washer bottles but even that may look too white. You can always buy a new one and airbrush it (or have your kids kick it around in the dirt for a while).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

moparstuart

got a call from a great friend and our moderator here  Brian ,  he just bought some cars and one had the perfect part for me . He didnt know i was looking for sure but figured i Could use a good one in the correct used patina   .  He is shipping it to me just for the shipping cost  , Fantastic

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on July 21, 2017, 09:46:27 PM
got a call from a great friend and our moderator here  Brian ,  he just bought some cars and one had the perfect part for me . He didnt know i was looking for sure but figured i Could use a good one in the correct used patina   .  He is shipping it to me just for the shipping cost  , Fantastic

When I had my survivor 69 I looked high and low for one just like this so, when I saw this one I was like Stuart probably need this. Texted him and sure enuf.

You more than welcome stu. :angel:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on July 22, 2017, 12:40:51 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on July 21, 2017, 09:46:27 PM

When I had my survivor 69 I looked high and low for one just like this so, when I saw this one I was like Stuart probably need this. Texted him and sure enuf.

You more than welcome stu. :angel:
thanks again brother  :2thumbs:

Nacho-RT74

Ok, really impressive story on this! I'm stunning!

Sure I would be undecided on a light resto and upgrades on it or keep it on the way it is.

On a light resto sure i would paint it ( without dissasembly it ), ad dual exhaust, correct for the year 4 bbl carb (  on stock iron intake ) and maybe a magnum cam... am/fm radio with input jack, front disc brakes for safety... and no more. ( not sure on the axle gears change to 3.23 )

GREAT FIND! Enjoy it! You deserve it!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

moparstuart

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on July 22, 2017, 05:04:04 PM

Sure I would be undecided on a light resto and upgrades on it or keep it on the way it is.

On a light resto sure i would paint it ( without dissasembly it ), ad dual exhaust, correct for the year 4 bbl carb (  on stock iron intake ) and maybe a magnum cam... am/fm radio with input jack, front disc brakes for safety... and no more. ( not sure on the axle gears change to 3.23 )

yes those things are all tempting but i have that in other cars , thats whats cool about this one is just mild mannered cruiser and thats the way im keeping it

moparnation74

Quote from: moparstuart on July 22, 2017, 08:42:00 PM

On a light resto sure i would paint it ( without dissasembly it ), ad dual exhaust, correct for the year 4 bbl carb (  on stock iron intake ) and maybe a magnum cam... am/fm radio with input jack, front disc brakes for safety... and no more. ( not sure on the axle gears change to 3.23 )

yes those things are all tempting but i have that in other cars , thats whats cool about this one is just mild mannered cruiser and thats the way im keeping it
I agree...I like it "AS IS".....it will only be that way once!

Very cool 68 you have Stu, congrats....

Maybe the date on the washer reservoir your getting coincides with the cars build date range...That would be one heck of a score!

moparstuart

Quote from: moparnation74 on July 22, 2017, 09:08:38 PM

Maybe the date on the washer reservoir your getting coincides with the cars build date range...That would be one heck of a score!

sadly no its coming from a 69  but will work and i can keep looking for a 68

moparnation74

Quote from: moparstuart on July 23, 2017, 05:24:27 PM
Quote from: moparnation74 on July 22, 2017, 09:08:38 PM

sadly no its coming from a 69  but will work and i can keep looking for a 68

Still a good find and great fit....I will keep an eye out for you....

moparstuart

moparstuart