News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Possible to swap out headlight switch w/o removing cluster?

Started by timmycharger, June 08, 2017, 02:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmycharger

I can easily remove the front seat so my fat ass can lay down on the floor and reach up, but is it even possible to get that switch out w/o removing the cluster? maybe with a stubby screwdriver? just curious to see if anyone has done this w/o removing the cluster.

Looks like my "repair" on the vacuum part of the switch didn't go so well as it doesn't do anything at all, I may have screwed it up when I took it apart.

When I hit the switch, I don't get anything at all, no hissing sounds, nothing. I triple checked my vacuum lines, they seem correct per the FSM,   I am able to get the doors to go up and down using my vacuum pump plugged into the vacuum lines in the forward harness but can't get them to work with the switch.

8WHEELER

I have done it many times before being confined to a wheel chair. I was 6'1'' and 298 lbs. I will not say it is easy it is not. I used a regular screw driver, the real trick is when going back in I put a little grease on the screw head, that keep the screw from falling of all the time. I have to admit, I did have my wife take over the job of replacing the switch when I could no longer actually work on that kind
of thing. She is 5'1'' and has small hands, and it is easier for her to do it than it ever was for me,

Good luck, Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

cdr

I have done it, my car has AC, I removed the left ac vent & worked through there.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

timmycharger

Guys, great feedback, thank you both, much appreciated!!  :cheers: :cheers: