News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Site Technical Help

Started by Bobs69, June 08, 2017, 09:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobs69

I once made the horrible mistake of posting in the stupidest thread imaginable, and it still hasn't died the slow miserable death it deserves.

The thread I'm talking about is the "Answer a Question with a Question thread."

It comes up under my "Show new replies to your posts."

I don't want to see this stupid thread again.  I've talked to moderators in the past and they say "yeah, you're not subscribed, you shouldn't see it."  Well I do and I don't want too.

Ponch ®

Thats some Black Mirror shit...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

alfaitalia

Me to....but in the word association thread! The subscription they are on about is the one to get notifications when someone posts....you can not unsubscribe from a thread you have posted in on this forum.

Mostly I blame polywideblock.......who does insist on posting on all those bandwidth wasting pointless threads at least ten times a day and bringing them back to the top!!! LOL :nana:

I'm sure some just do it to boost post count. If non car related threads did not count to post numbers I'm sure those threads would soon be forgotten about. I wonder how many of PWBs posts actually mention Chargers!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

polywideblock

hey it gives you something to look at  :nana:
also there must be a way of not being informed because I don't get them, don't ask me why but because I don't know   :rofl:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

JB400

I thought games were supposed to be fun

I still enjoy them, just as much as I enjoy Chargers.

hemigeno

Quote from: Bobs69 on June 08, 2017, 09:57:40 PM

I don't want to see this stupid thread again.  I've talked to moderators in the past and they say "yeah, you're not subscribed, you shouldn't see it."  Well I do and I don't want too.

You're talking about two different things:

>  Being "subscribed" to a thread will send you an email notification when a new post is made (since you last looked at the thread).  Unsubscribing will indeed prevent notifications of new replies being sent to you.

>  "Show new replies to your posts" will return a list of all threads with new replies to which you have EVER posted - whether you are subscribed or not, and whether you started the thread or not.

AFAIK there is no way for you to un-ring that bell, unfortunately. 

:Twocents:

timmycharger

I once made the horrible mistake of posting in the stupidest thread imaginable, and it still hasn't died the slow miserable death it deserves.

Hmm.. I thought the 2 threads on Americans and guns were the "stupidest" threads imaginable....

Bobs69

Quote from: hemigeno on June 14, 2017, 10:08:20 AM

You're talking about two different things:

>  Being "subscribed" to a thread will send you an email notification when a new post is made (since you last looked at the thread).  Unsubscribing will indeed prevent notifications of new replies being sent to you.

>  "Show new replies to your posts" will return a list of all threads with new replies to which you have EVER posted - whether you are subscribed or not, and whether you started the thread or not.

AFAIK there is no way for you to un-ring that bell, unfortunately. 

:Twocents:

I've unsubscribed to that thread.

If I'm hearing you correctly..................And I think I am................. you're telling me to join back in on that thread and get it locked out?  Start discussing religion politics and guns?

Bobs69

Quote from: timmycharger on June 14, 2017, 10:19:11 AM

Hmm.. I thought the 2 threads on Americans and guns were the "stupidest" threads imaginable....

Well I didn't.  It's for my own education since I deal with a lot of Americans.  I can however see how an American would think that those threads are stupid.   ;)