News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wrecked A12 bee

Started by F8-4life, June 16, 2017, 02:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

That poor car.............

DAY CLONA

Somebody will roll that crap bucket up next to a clean 69 roller, transfer anything of value over on to the re-body, dump the speed wagon parts on Ebay for some cash, and have a nice A12 car when they're done

1974dodgecharger

WOW and I thought I build nasty cars you can see the quality of work on this car well even below my standards.

A12 Superbee

A few things here, firstly, as an A12 owner I thank the muppet driving this for making my car now rarer and worth more.

Secondly, I curse him/her for wrecking a good car, and that was before it hit the pole! :brickwall:

This car is dead, it won't be coming back from this. It's VIN is known and when it is rebodied everyone will know it.

Bye bye to another rare car, all because it was owned by a muppet with too much money and no idea how to drive.
A12 Dodge Superbee Coupe 4 speed Car number 157 in the A12 Registry.
XBGT Ford Falcon sedan, same model as Max drives in The Roadwarrior, the yellow car he starts off in.
WANT: Triple black 68 or 70 Charger!

alfaitalia

To be fair to the guy....and you lot are being a bit harsh.....it was his car to do with as he sees fit and his money that funded it. He built is as he wanted it and I'm sure he was happy with it. As for criticising the mans driving.....well I guess all of you are perfect drivers that have never had an accident, made a small error of judgement or never hit something trying to avoid a mistake by another driver or animal. I consider my self an above averagely skilled driver and I can steer from the rear with the best of them.....did not stop me destroying a nearly perfect 1974 Ford Capri with a wall when a deer ran out in front of me a long while back.

I agree that I don't like what he did with the car.....but its not my car!!

Posts/threads like these are the main reason I'm not putting my Charger on here until complete...and then I will get the thread locked so I get no replies!!! LOL. Only a very tiny slice of the regulars on here will like it and the purists will probably hate it....that added to the panel "repairs" I'm forced to make due to availability/cost of panels that not many will approve of (but you wont see under the paint!) and other repairs and mods that need to be done to fit my plans. But don't worry....all exterior panels will be the factory shape....the one thing you cant improve upon IMO.

So go easy on the guy....he's just wrecked his car so been punished enough!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Cncguy

Wrecked before he wrecked it!

Mike DC

QuoteTo be fair to the guy....and you lot are being a bit harsh.....it was his car to do with as he sees fit and his money that funded it. He built is as he wanted it and I'm sure he was happy with it. As for criticising the mans driving.....well I guess all of you are perfect drivers that have never had an accident, made a small error of judgement or never hit something trying to avoid a mistake by another driver or animal. I consider my self an above averagely skilled driver and I can steer from the rear with the best of them.....did not stop me destroying a nearly perfect 1974 Ford Capri with a wall when a deer ran out in front of me a long while back.

I agree that I don't like what he did with the car.....but its not my car!!

Posts/threads like these are the main reason I'm not putting my Charger on here until complete...and then I will get the thread locked so I get no replies!!! LOL. Only a very tiny slice of the regulars on here will like it and the purists will probably hate it....that added to the panel "repairs" I'm forced to make due to availability/cost of panels that not many will approve of (but you wont see under the paint!) and other repairs and mods that need to be done to fit my plans. But don't worry....all exterior panels will be the factory shape....the one thing you cant improve upon IMO.

So go easy on the guy....he's just wrecked his car so been punished enough!!

I know what you're saying.  But exceptions to the rule don't get much clearer than this case.   

A restored A12 car being used for a job that should have gone to a regular Satellite?  
Done crudely on top of that?  
And immediately wrecked on top of THAT?
And then the carcass is abandoned on Ebay for the nearest VIN vulture to make a rebody?

We have to draw the line somewhere.  

The guy might as well have just crushed that rare car into a cube and said "I like it better this way." 

Aero426

Quote from: A12 Superbee on June 18, 2017, 10:47:19 PM
A few things here, firstly, as an A12 owner I thank the muppet driving this for making my car now rarer and worth more.

Secondly, I curse him/her for wrecking a good car, and that was before it hit the pole! :brickwall:

This car is dead, it won't be coming back from this. It's VIN is known and when it is rebodied everyone will know it.

Bye bye to another rare car, all because it was owned by a muppet with too much money and no idea how to drive.

Yup.   

wingcar

All I see is a parts car......or a "new" A12 built around this one's VIN Tag......

(Why would anyone modify a "rare" car like this when it's worth so much more as an original in today's market?  No need to answer, just thinking out loud...... :rotz:)
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Homerr

One would think that putting up non-horizontally compressed photos would be a good idea on an ad like this.  The compression is not helping at all.

Mike DC

QuoteOne would think that putting up non-horizontally compressed photos would be a good idea on an ad like this.  The compression is not helping at all.

I get the feeling that the seller is not overly concerned with recouping his investment. 

spoolinhard

I'm guessing the majority of the people here can't or don't do autobody work. That looks to be a good car from the doors back, here's how it gets fixed: some time on the frame machine to get the gaps corrected from the doors back, then everything from the firewall forward gets cut off and replaced. Surely we have all seen build threads where front rails have been replaced. Hell, get a clean donor clip and replace it as one. A little labor; much less work than a full resto of a rust bucket. I have done it. Not impossible.

Mike DC

QuoteI'm guessing the majority of the people here can't or don't do autobody work. That looks to be a good car from the doors back, here's how it gets fixed: some time on the frame machine to get the gaps corrected from the doors back, then everything from the firewall forward gets cut off and replaced. Surely we have all seen build threads where front rails have been replaced. Hell, get a clean donor clip and replace it as one. A little labor; much less work than a full resto of a rust bucket. I have done it. Not impossible.

Oh, sure, it can be fixed.  But will it be

A rebody looks so easy here.  The donor car required would be a common base model.   

spoolinhard

From a standpoint of labor, getting a unibody that hasn't been restored up to par for a "rebody" is allot of work, this one has already been done, just has collision damage. Just seems to me it would be far less work reparing what's there than blasting/painting/rust repairing and swapping to a new unibody. Will it get repaired? Who knows.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: spoolinhard on June 19, 2017, 07:41:28 PM
From a standpoint of labor, getting a unibody that hasn't been restored up to par for a "rebody" is allot of work, this one has already been done, just has collision damage. Just seems to me it would be far less work reparing what's there than blasting/painting/rust repairing and swapping to a new unibody. Will it get repaired? Who knows.

I've been building vehicles since the 70's, worked my share in shops on Collision/Insurance wreck rebuilds, customs, restos, stockcar builds, drag cars, bikes, vans, speedboats, you name it....rebodies are a lot more economical from a "rebuild" point, when your dealing with a wreck like that, sure it can be fixed, and has been done, but the time pulling, measuring, cutting, dealing with stress/distortion/tears/busted welds/etc/etc transmitted to other areas during the pulls, then the re-sectioning/positioning of new rails/sheetmetal/welding/metal finish/etc... I'd have a clean southern/western donor roller stripped and ready for paint/rebuild in half the time and expense, reboding has been done since the days of horse drawn wagons, and will still be done today and tomorrow...

lukedukem

I knew that background looked familiar. Gas monkey car. Check this video out. Apparently the guy was coming around a corner and hit the nitrous slamming him into a pole. It's all on the video, which is narrated by Richard's budy Dennis
Who also says to rebody it. 145k into it.

https://youtu.be/gRELgiauVIU
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Bronzedodge

The floorpan is buckled on the left side, forward and outboard of the parking brake cable anchor.  It will take someone who really knows how to run a PullMax to make it right.   :eek2:
Mopar forever!

hemi-hampton

Quote from: spoolinhard on June 19, 2017, 05:39:26 PM
I'm guessing the majority of the people here can't or don't do autobody work. That looks to be a good car from the doors back, here's how it gets fixed: some time on the frame machine to get the gaps corrected from the doors back, then everything from the firewall forward gets cut off and replaced. Surely we have all seen build threads where front rails have been replaced. Hell, get a clean donor clip and replace it as one. A little labor; much less work than a full resto of a rust bucket. I have done it. Not impossible.

I agree with this. I'd do myself if I had the money & time. My Question is why didn't AssMonkey buy it & fix it themselves. The answer is: it's to much for them to handle or there capabilities. :scratchchin: :shruggy: