News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

another charger to dig out 70 rt/se

Started by cbrestorations, July 07, 2017, 11:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrestorations

wasnt even looking, just having fun at universal studios with the fiance' and lenard has to forward me a link from here on a 70 rt/se charger being sold as a pile of parts lol, im sure some of you saw it...i hit walter up and he sent pics of the car and i remembered talking with him on this car awhile back. $1200 shit yeah, money sent and even offered to pay more, but he said "wait till you see what its gonna take to get it out, were good". gotta remove a fence, cut down a few trees, move some cars and dig out the charger, she be sunk down. gonna go pick it up end of the month on my way back to north dakota. its pretty rough from what i can tell in the pics being so close to the coast, but ive worked on a few coastal cars and usually they were junk on the outer sheet metal but the bones of the car were good, and interiors in decent shape. ive got a spare roof so now worried about anything that pertains to that, not really worried about frame rails or anything really. ive got a few donors cars like a rust free satellite and a 68 coronet. so its all good.

would be a cool car to put back on the road, eventually...i have a few in front of this one. being rt/se, f8 green, green leather interior, am/fm radio, console, tach, hood pins, black out hood inserts, luggage rack, and some other options i cant quite make out from his pics, this car doesnt suck...and still has original drive train unmolested. the car is complete and original even a red top battery under the hood. it was an older lady's car who just drove it around in a small town and most likely has low miles. whenever something went wrong with a vehicle they just parked it and drove another one. im gonna buy an actual video camera to make video's now, gotta get hip with it. also gonna need the camera to video trying to get 4 chargers out of a wrecking yard in north dakota without them breaking apart lol. anywho...just letting ya know video soon to come inspecting and pulling this ol 70 rt/se out of its hole.

nvrbdn

That's pretty cool. Can't wait for the video. :cheers:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

morepower

1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105

taxspeaker

A/C, trailer hitch, trunk luggage rack and SE-Wow

Great find.

qwick68

68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

F8-4life

hmm, hate to say it but this would be great car to drop on a ramcharger 4x4 chassis!

Cncguy

ACUDANUT

Very cool, Just not for my old ass. Green cars remind me Latrine Duty too.  :brickwall:

RallyeMike

I hope there is something left of the bottom. Looks real rough. Good luck.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

marshallfry01

I called about this car right when it was posted.  After receiving the pictures I decided to pass on it.  I was afraid of pulling it in half when I went to pull it out of the hole.  Good thing CB has experience with this kinda stuff.  Good luck to you!  :cheers:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

cbrestorations

Quote from: F8-4life on July 07, 2017, 01:36:35 PM
hmm, hate to say it but this would be great car to drop on a ramcharger 4x4 chassis!

:slap: i would slap'ith you

F8-4life

Sorry, couldn't help myself!
I guess it's a good thing you found it & not me lol.

crj1968

Nice find....or is it?   :icon_smile_big:

Good luck man- thanks for posting your stuff here- always entertaining. 

tan top

Quote from: crj1968 on July 07, 2017, 03:40:04 PM
Nice find....or is it?   :icon_smile_big:

Good luck man- thanks for posting your stuff here- always entertaining. 

:iagree:   :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: :cheers: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

charger chris

Nice score I just missed this one. Would have been a nice parts car. Hope you keeping all these out of the weather. I would love to see all these charger you have get  a new lease on life.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

hemi-hampton

Compared to the Michigan rust buckets I've seen & worked on I don't think it looks too bad. Nice Find. Congrats. LEON.

Dodge Don

Charger_Fan

Man, that thing looks rough. Any fender tag pics yet?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

cbrestorations

yeah, but photo is hard to read, tag is not rusty just bad photo

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Homerr on July 08, 2017, 09:18:40 AM
Body in White Program for this one!

A Mopar restorer buddy of mine would charge $30k to paint that body in white, So that would be $25k +$30k= $55k for paint & bodywork. How many people in here would pay that much for paint body work :scratchchin: :shruggy: LEON.

alfaitalia

$30k just to paint it!!!? :icon_smile_question: .....a body that's already repaired, straight and primed?? That's a lot. You could get the body repairs and the paint done to show standards for will around 30K US here (obviously not for a car like the above one but a 70 charger with the usual trunk floor, rear fenders....etc etc !). Thought most things where cheaper over there!!! :scratchchin:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

lukedukem

I know that car. A member here had it posted. Houston area. Told me he wanted 3k for it, I passed.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:  

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC