News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone running 15x8 Torq Thrust on all four corners? (Updated 255/60's fit!)

Started by b5blue, July 17, 2017, 05:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

I just ordered 4 Torq Thrust 15x8 wheels with lugs, valves and shipping for 399.00. (No tax.) Honestly I was gonna wait but the price was just so low, anyway they are 0 offset with 4.5 backspace and I'm hoping 255/60 R15's will fit front and back. The 70 Charger's fairly stock setup has only the Mopar 11 3/4 big disk conversion at factory ride height. (Like Tan Top I'd like to run the same on all 4 corners.) Thanks for any advise!

Laowho

I consulted this thread b4 ordering ours. Kinda sucks cuz many/most pics have recently been disappeared, but 1st page showed "18x9 0-offset/4.5 backspacing in front and 18x10 0-offset/ 5 backspacing in the rear. Tires are 245/45/18's all around" on a '68. Here's the thread

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=63191.0

We're goin w/ 245/50/17s all around in 8" and fairly standard 0 offset/4.5" backspacing

Troy

Those are the "tried and true" wheel dimensions. The 255s might be a tight squeeze in front. Might. For guaranteed fit most stick with 235s. Every time I've done this I haven't come close to hitting anything. A 255 is 20 mm wider so 10 mm each side of the center of the wheel. That's .4 inches for us Americans.

You should have plenty of room to spare in back - unless your axle is way off center or your springs are sagging 3".

Sounds like an awesome deal!

A recent similar thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,129162.0.html

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

b5blue

Rims are here, 399 for 4 with lugs, valves and shipped. Now I get the 4.5" backspace, an 8" wide rim has a 9" wide outside edge to edge measurement. Ordered 4 255/60R15 and will mount 2 so I can check front end 1st.  :2thumbs:

b5blue

15X8 w 4.5 backspace "Torq Thrust D's" with 255/60R15 Cooper Cobras (Amazon 86.00 each.) fit all the way around even clearing 11 3/4 factory big disk brakes up front. Really really close in some areas, so close it popped a balance weight off the inside rim.  :o  Thanks guys!  :2thumbs:

68charger440

I'm running 15x8 Cragar SS with 4.75 backspacing with 265/50/15 on all 4 corners.  The only time I have any trouble is when I have the wheel turned all the way to one side and hit the bump on a driveway too fast.  It wants to rub ever so slightly.  I have raised the front and it goes away completely, but I didn't like the way it looked so I went back to the ride height I liked and am just carefull when I have the wheels turned all the way to one side or the other.
To me the back wheels are lost in the big space in the rear though.  I am thinking of going with a taller tire in the back with much less back spacing to get the wheel/tire closer to the lip of the wheel well.  The front doesn't look so lost like the back does to me.
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

b5blue

Here we go...

68charger440

When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!