News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

someone matched my not for sale price, still debating if i should sell

Started by cbrestorations, July 18, 2017, 07:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laowho

I'm seein a consensus (nuff to pass healthcare anyhoo) of a coupla three variations on, "wattya / mean / you / didn't"

chargerboy69

I have loved your car since you first posted it. I thought about throwing an offer of $17 when you first bought it you thinking that was fair.

If it were my car. . . . for $30. . . . It would be a Ruth Chris night for the family.  :2thumbs:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

hemi-hampton

I was under the impression CB could care less for #'s matching or rare options or restored back to original. I though you like to customize them your own way how you want them. If so then buy some cheap green 318 Charger & put 440 4 spd in it, paint it black with blue interior & slap some R/T emblems on it. Now you got the same car for 1/2 the money into it. Or sell all your other 15 Chargers & give this one a full blown Concourse correct OEM 100 point showcar Restoration. Why just have 16 half done junkers sitting around? One or the other.  :scratchchin: :shruggy: :Twocents:

Kern Dog

Why have 16 half done junkers? Because they are cool  to look at!

375instroke

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on July 18, 2017, 07:55:21 PM
Black with blue interior? And R/T SE ? Its weird wherever yo see it!

Never thought black with blue was a posible combo. I guess black top.

Can't tell about the rest of project you can have around, but I think that's a keeper

It's a recommended combination.  Actually, every color was recommended with black exterior.

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/colorAndTrim/1969/69_Charger0003.jpg

jessejames

Do what your heart tells you to do brother...This very same situation happened to me a few years ago on a car I sold. I didn't want to sell because of the same reasons and another deal fell through on the car I was suppose to buy after selling the one I had. Now I regret selling it. My :Twocents:

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 375instroke on July 19, 2017, 08:35:37 PM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on July 18, 2017, 07:55:21 PM
Black with blue interior? And R/T SE ? Its weird wherever yo see it!

Never thought black with blue was a posible combo. I guess black top.

Can't tell about the rest of project you can have around, but I think that's a keeper

It's a recommended combination.  Actually, every color was recommended with black exterior.

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/colorAndTrim/1969/69_Charger0003.jpg

Well, yeah, still weird... nice but way uncommon. Not saying unmatching, but hard to see

Not recomemded but acceptable, red with tan interior? I think looks great! We have see it kinda  similar on the GL LOL
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

cbrestorations

Quote from: hemi-hampton on July 19, 2017, 07:44:46 PM
I was under the impression CB could care less for #'s matching or rare options or restored back to original. I though you like to customize them your own way how you want them. If so then buy some cheap green 318 Charger & put 440 4 spd in it, paint it black with blue interior & slap some R/T emblems on it. Now you got the same car for 1/2 the money into it. Or sell all your other 15 Chargers & give this one a full blown Concourse correct OEM 100 point showcar Restoration. Why just have 16 half done junkers sitting around? One or the other.  :scratchchin: :shruggy: :Twocents:

I'm not really one for shiny show cars, I like ratty fun to thrash and drive everyday regardless of dings and paint chips I'll gather along the way.  I never planned to restore the black car, but just redo the interior so its bareable to ride in, put a big engine in it and have a rare hotrod beater to roll around in.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: cbrestorations on July 19, 2017, 10:31:44 PM
I never planned to restore the black car, but just redo the interior so its bareable to ride in, put a big engine in it and have a rare hotrod beater to roll around in.

Well, after following this thread I'd say there was a bit more to it than that!  :scratchchin:

Quote from: cbrestorations on July 18, 2017, 07:25:32 PM
i bought this 69 rt/se black with blue interior car in april, wanted this car for 20 years.

And your first post says it all. And frankly that's cool. At least by my standards anyhoo. I just love old Dodge/Plymouths from the this era. I've got one that I've been chasing for quite some years but I don't have it yet. If I could get it, it wouldn't leave. Period.  YMMV. 

So, I'd keep it.  :2thumbs:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: hemi-hampton on July 19, 2017, 07:44:46 PM
I was under the impression CB could care less for #'s matching or rare options or restored back to original. I though you like to customize them your own way how you want them. If so then buy some cheap green 318 Charger & put 440 4 spd in it, paint it black with blue interior & slap some R/T emblems on it. Now you got the same car for 1/2 the money into it. Or sell all your other 15 Chargers & give this one a full blown Concourse correct OEM 100 point showcar Restoration. Why just have 16 half done junkers sitting around? One or the other.  :scratchchin: :shruggy: :Twocents:

I'm not really one for shiny show cars, I like ratty fun to thrash and drive everyday regardless of dings and paint chips I'll gather along the way.  I never planned to restore the black car, but just redo the interior so its bareable to ride in, put a big engine in it and have a rare hotrod beater to roll around in.

In that case I would let it go. You can do that on any shell around
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

cbrestorations

I made up my mind, if he's willing to lay down that cash he is obviously going to take care of it and not flip it. I told him he can take it home. I can take that money and finish the turbo setup on daisy, get my blue 68 driving and buy a 70 numbers six pack car 😊

moparstuart

Quote from: cbrestorations on July 20, 2017, 10:42:10 AM
I made up my mind, if he's willing to lay down that cash he is obviously going to take care of it and not flip it. I told him he can take it home. I can take that money and finish the turbo setup on daisy, get my blue 68 driving and buy a 70 numbers six pack car 😊
good plan  :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

F8-4life

People take note, this is generally what happens when you start to entertain selling a car you don't want to..you end up selling!

CDN72SE

Sounds like you confirmed what you were feeling, good luck with the sale.
1972 Charger SE

BDF

RCCDrew

Quote from: F8-4life on July 20, 2017, 12:39:46 PM
People take note, this is generally what happens when you start to entertain selling a car you don't want to..you end up selling!
Yep. Happened to me about a month ago and sold my Cuda.

Challenger340

Good decision based on sober second thought and adequate reflection..... move ahead  :2thumbs:
Only wimps wear Bowties !

rollo1504

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

As it was already said -> You are a bloodhound.... Sell it... I am pretty sure you will come up very soon with another very rare charger...

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

moparstuart

Quote from: rollo1504 on July 20, 2017, 03:16:48 PM

As it was already said -> You are a bloodhound.... Sell it... I am pretty sure you will come up very soon with another very rare charger...

As it was already said -> You are a bloodhound.... Sell it... I am pretty sure you will DIG up  very soon another very rare charger...
  Fixed it  :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

tan top

:coolgleamA: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi-hampton

Congrats, good choice. :2thumbs: LEON.

Cncguy

So is this a delusional buyer, or did the price of 2nd gen Chargers just go up again?

marshallfry01

I wouldn't pay 30k for a project XP or XS Charger. A Daytona or 500 would be different. Values are still on the climb in my opinion. I sold a 70 charger last month. A bare shell that was full of rust. It was an FC7 car and had the VIN and fender tag on it. Original 383 car. Sold it for $2,000. I wouldn't have paid that much for it....
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

fc7_plumcrazy

that sounded like a great plan to me.
Just do the mechanics and drive it "as is"

I am scared the soon to be new owner will restore it completely.
I feel sorry for every original paint car (even if it is very tired) to loose its paint

Carsten

tucknroll

I would probably not sell but honestly I hate when people say they'll sell and back out. Makes me very angry