News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cleaning hemi 2x4 intake

Started by werner, July 27, 2017, 11:20:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

werner

other than glass beading what do people use to clean their intakes to make them look new again ? Its not corroded just dirty.

Thanks
1969 dodeg charger, 528 hemi ,Tko 5spd.

alfaitalia

Can't beat vapour blasting for those sort of items if you want the very best finish. Also wont leave any debris (such as glass beads or abrasive sand) jammed in tight areas to fall into the motor at a later date. Can be difficult to find people who have the equipment...depending on where you live...at least it is over here.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

BSB67

Clean it then paint it.  Otherwise it will look like pooh again pretty quickly.   :Twocents:

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

timmycharger

Quote from: BSB67 on July 27, 2017, 05:45:44 PM
Clean it then paint it.  Otherwise it will look like pooh again pretty quickly.   :Twocents:

Agree with this. I painted my six pack intake that was originally cast aluminum since it just wouldn't come clean again.  I think I got engine specific paint (rattle can) and it still looks new 2 years later.

BSB67

cast aluminum paint.  The dyno operator did not know that the intake was painted.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

werner

THAT LOOKS GREAT. WHERE DID YOU PURCHASE THE PAINT ? I TAKE IT IT IS HIGH HEAT AS WELL ?
1969 dodeg charger, 528 hemi ,Tko 5spd.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: alfaitalia on July 27, 2017, 05:37:58 PM
Can't beat vapour blasting for those sort of items if you want the very best finish. Also wont leave any debris (such as glass beads or abrasive sand) jammed in tight areas to fall into the motor at a later date. Can be difficult to find people who have the equipment...depending on where you live...at least it is over here.

"vapour blasting" is nothing more than water and GLASS BEADS....

Ghoste

I have always just used rattle can engine paint myself and I've been happy with the results.