News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Hellcat

Started by JB400, August 16, 2017, 04:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

What do you think, $500K plus the destruction of two nice cars?  I guess it was done because it could be done... :shruggy:

marshallfry01

That looks like absolute shit. It sits up too high being on that challenger chassis.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

VegasCharger

That hood is hideous.  :puke: :puke: :puke:

Baldwinvette77

I like it, i wish it had a stock hood and valence, or even a 6-pak scoop but i get it, its a shame they cut up such a nice charger though.

Kern Dog

Quote from: marshallfry01 on August 16, 2017, 07:40:51 PM
That looks like absolute shit. It sits up too high being on that challenger chassis.

I agree. Add to that the radiused wheel wells look terrible too. Either widen the fenders or run different wheels.

68X426

Where did it say it was 500k?  :shruggy:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Ponch ®

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 16, 2017, 10:48:45 PM

I agree. Add to that the radiused wheel wells look terrible too. Either widen the fenders or run different wheels.

As much as money, time,and effort as they spent on the build, they did get lazy when it came to that.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Ghoste

I saw it in Columbus last weekend, don't recall a price but I'm sure there must be one somewhere.  It was "different", that's for sure.

lukedukem

I'd like to see what they did about the dash corners

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Old Moparz

I like it so far but want to see the finished result before saying it's actually good or bad. I love the whole idea of taking a beautiful classic, modernize the handling, comfort, etc & turning it into something that's more drivable. :cheers:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Ryan.C

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 16, 2017, 10:48:45 PM

I am of the same opinion as far as the wheels are concerned. So I was thinking how else does one get around running different/smaller wheels with those massive brembos on all four corners? I dont have a good answer just a thought. IDK good idea, poor execution  :Twocents:
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

DAY CLONA

The car needs to sit at least another 3-4" further down on the Hellcat chassis, they made the mistake of not hanging the Charger sheet metal on a skinned downed platform, chopping down the dash, etc, etc, instead they tried the modeler's approach of trying to fit the Charger body and unitized components on a skateboard...end result is the equivalent of a 30's high boy roadster, wheel stance and size is everything, it either makes or breaks the look

Perfect execution of stance on an LX platform, Steve Mirabelli's Daytona, they should have taken a page from his book on execution

303 Mopar

Reminds me of the 4 door Barra....oh never mind..... :nono:
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

chargerperson

Quote from: Ghoste on August 17, 2017, 08:20:20 AM
I saw it in Columbus last weekend, don't recall a price but I'm sure there must be one somewhere.  It was "different", that's for sure.

Off topic
Ghoste: Welcome back

Kern Dog

With respect to Steve, I don't like the front wheel openings on his car either.

6pkrtse

The 69Hellcat is Hideous..... The 68-70 Charger is a work of art & a perfect design from the factory. Why can't people leave a good thing alone.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

chargerboy69

Quote from: Ghoste on August 17, 2017, 08:20:20 AM

Shawn, good to see you.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Mike DC

I think the Hellcat's '69 body might look low enough in front, if the rearend was raised another couple inches upwards.  

My only gripe is that they clearly chopped up a nice restored 4spd '69.  If you don't need the lower half of the body then there is zero excuse to cut up decent cars.     

Homerr

Stop the madness of pro-street disease.   ::)

alfaitalia

Quote from: Homerr on August 18, 2017, 01:42:59 PM
Stop the madness of pro-street disease.   ::)

I guess you are probably joking but it's the many posts like this (where the paint blob and date correct parts lot are definitely not joking) that will, and have been stopping me posting any pics of my car until its done..by then i won't care what anybody's views are on it. It's their car and their cash....they can do as they wish to their own car and spend cash on it as they see fit. .....Having said that I also wish they had left the wheel wells stock shape!.....and yes, the bonnet is certainly not an improvement on the factory one. I would have made the shallow factory indents deeper and left it there. I'm guessing they probably need the extra clearance for the motor.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Stevearino

The wheels are definitely an issue as far as scale goes. I just found out recently that there are 18" Cobra wheels from American Racing that will clear the front brembos by 3/16 of an inch. I wish I had known of that option. Maybe sometime down the road. I wish there was a wheel store like a shoe store that you could go to and try on different sets. The 20" wheels look just a tad too big for my taste. With the Hell Cat it is even a bigger issue because it has a wider track and the wheels don't tuck under. My radius wheel openings where an active choice because I was trying to emulate the race version of this car with certain details and they of course had radius wheel openings. If I had chose to go with stock fenders they would definitely had to be widened. I did like the way they reinforced the rockers with some rectangular stock on this build. Not excited about the air dam either. CDR has a much more tasteful air dam on his 68 that would  have hid the huge radiator much better.  Thanks for the thumbs up Dayclona.

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 17, 2017, 11:31:22 AM
With respect to Steve, I don't like the front wheel openings on his car either.

You are not alone Kern Dog. I have taken quite a lot of grief for both my wheel choice and other aspects of the car such as my choice to not go with the Daytona grill set up but we like what we like. No one can argue with that.

What I was after in the pic below

hemi68charger

Quote from: DAY CLONA on August 17, 2017, 11:22:52 AM
Perfect execution of stance on an LX platform, Steve Mirabelli's Daytona, they should have taken a page from his book on execution

Damn... That's badass...

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Homerr

I was serious, good luck reinventing your 2nd-gen.  Well done examples are very rare, and many Chargers of this finite resource have been ruined trying to improve on the design.

Stevarino is the exception to the rule, he gets a pass for excellent work.  Although I'm still bummed about the gas cap!   :nana:

Kern Dog

Steve, I can now see your point on the front wheelwells. The NASCAR Chargers did have a great look to them, all hunkered down over some really wide wheels and tires. I meant no disrespect to you or your work. I would never say that your work is poorly done, I just prefer the stock wheel opening shape.