News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Red paint on brake drums

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, August 22, 2017, 05:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixt8Chrgr

Guys,

Would R6 red be a close color for the brake drums?

Thanks

Lawrence

68 RT

I used ford red engine paint. I would think any brighter red paint would be fine.

Sixt8Chrgr

Ok thanks.
I was reading in my Moparr Motors Detroit restoration books and they mention that the yellow daubs used on the rear ends to stencil in the date codes was lemon twist yellow. Now my car is a 69 and lemon twist wasn't used then but maybe there was another similar yellow they used. That is why I was wondering if R6 could had been the drum color. My car is R6 so may look odd to have the paint match?
I will pick up a can of Ford red

Thanks

Lawrence

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Sixt8Chrgr on August 22, 2017, 05:38:30 AM
Guys,

Would R6 red be a close color for the brake drums?

Thanks

Lawrence

Here's the actual paint code type and reference if you'd like to research it correctly

maxwellwedge

Here are some pics of originals if you want to try and match....otherwise, Frank Badalson sells the proper paint.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,129195.0.html

Sixt8Chrgr

Thanks guys. I was able to come close to a match.

Lawrence

66FBCharger

What date did Chrysler start painting the drums red? I see a date of 1/31/69 on the drawing. Is that when they started?If you had disc brakes in front, did they paint the calipers red? If so, is there a factory drawing to show what got painted?
What year did they stop painting the drums?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body