News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Spark Plug Wires

Started by ODZKing, August 30, 2017, 09:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ODZKing

I am curious, what everyone is using for plug wires these days. The OEM Mopar wires for a 400/440 big block after 72 are NS1.
4339405 ... shame they were a reasonable price too from Ma Mopar. They never were quite long enough but I made due. Burned up a couple though recently.
So if you want orange wires to somewhat original, what is everyone using?
Also I would like to find the plug wire heat protectors that stretch to go over the end connector/boot. Any recommends there as well?

BLK 68 R/T

I have the firecore OEM fit big block wires on my car. Fit perfect and look original.

Mopar Nut

My next set will be Firecore.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

ODZKing

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on August 30, 2017, 10:53:49 PM
I have the firecore OEM fit big block wires on my car. Fit perfect and look original.
I have looked at those but I don't see them in orange except for Hemi cars. Did I miss them?

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: ODZKing on August 31, 2017, 07:48:46 AM
Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on August 30, 2017, 10:53:49 PM
I have looked at those but I don't see them in orange except for Hemi cars. Did I miss them?

They only come in black as far as I know. I take it you are looking for orange specifically?

ODZKing

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on August 31, 2017, 09:00:18 AM
They only come in black as far as I know. I take it you are looking for orange specifically?
[/quote]  :yesnod:

BLK 68 R/T

How about these?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dcc-4529792/overview/make/dodge

I've never used spark plug protector boots so no opinion there.

ODZKing

That is the set I purchased for my 73 first time. Although they say they will fit, they will not. The longest one to get to cylinder #7 is about a foot too short.
So after I contacted Mopar about them, the fellow instructed me that after 73 they used (and recommended) 4339405. Which is superseded from 3838000 the original Chrysler part number for 400/440 73 and later.
I have that set as "no return on Electrical Parts" is the policy at the local dealer where I get my stuff. Couldn't return them. So I have a few spares, but I could use that long one.
I can't even find a place that will sell a spool of orange wire. Everything is black, blue, yellow, red and even gray.
:shruggy:

Mopar Nut

Quote from: ODZKing on August 31, 2017, 10:51:14 PM

I can't even find a place that will sell a spool of orange wire. Everything is black, blue, yellow, red and even gray.
:shruggy:
Summit Racing sells Taylor wires in Orange.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Nacho-RT74

Bob, there are a couple of NOS set being sold on ebay... this is the cheaper one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/332344232360

73 and lates are longer than earliers due the diff route they use. I got a NOS set like this loooong time ago quite nice priced just to get the right measurements and get them made by firecore ( firecore250 ) they should have the measurements saved.

Two firecore250 sets I have got ( first one sold by Ron here and a second set I got as spare sold straight by Firecore with some small measurements corrections ) are 8mm not 7mm like originals, and are black, not orange, but I didn't care. Brackets just need to be trimmed a bit. However it seems they got not these firecore250 in 7mm and even orange from what I saw on my last visit to their website ? Dunno

They didn't have anymore the 135* boots couple of wires of original sets got when ordered my second set, so will have to swap them from the first set when times comes.

If they don't have anymore the original lenghts saved from my order couple of years ago I can give you those althought I guess should charge a custom lenght manufaring fee. If they took seriouslly my order to provide these as part of their stock, shouldn't get a custom measure fee. Just in case I still have saved the email with firecore order and even pictures of each wire with the measuring tape at a side.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html