News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

repro junk AGAIN!!! GEEZ

Started by 400sforever, September 01, 2017, 04:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

400sforever

I am getting so sick and tired of informing these retarded "original restoration" type companies that they are consistently making junk! OER appears to fall in that same category with no phone number in which to get ahold of them with...maybe if I harass classic industries enough I can get through to them since I think they are in charge of OER. Anyways im a stickler for details and this caught my eye. I usually buy my center caps through wheel vintiques for my chrome road wheels. They are supposedly out of center caps until October, so I bought these center caps from OER and compared the inner bulls eye details to my wheel vintiques cap. I have some original center caps from 69 and they appear to match the wheel vintiques center cap EXCEPT the very inner circle is not painted silver on my original 69 as far as I can tell. Are you all in agreement or have seen the same problem that the OER caps are wrong and maybe even wheel vintiques?
1974 dodge charger se 512 cubic inches, 3.91 suregrip

400sforever

look at bullseye details

400sforever

wheel vintiques center cap bullseye details

400sforever

side by side with OER on the left compared to wheel vintiques.

400sforever

these are center caps from MCB restorations in Michigan. The only difference between theirs and wheel vintiques is that the very center circle of the bullseye is not painted silver like wheel vintiques is. My 69 center caps appear to have not been silver in the very center either. Are these the most correct factory ones?  I'd like to know who signs off on "authentic restoration product" for all these companies!

400sforever

my '69 original center cap

JB400

Paint the outside of the bulls eye on the OER center silver to match the original set, and call it a day.  Let OER know about the problem so they can fix the issue.

400sforever

I think the little curved raised portions on the bullseye are supposed to be "chrome" appearing whereas the OER ones are a flat finish. The factory ones appear to have a chrome-look also

odcics2

Quote from: 400sforever on September 01, 2017, 06:03:33 PM
I think the little curved raised portions on the bullseye are supposed to be "chrome" appearing whereas the OER ones are a flat finish. The factory ones appear to have a chrome-look also

I believe I have some NOS center stickers.  I'll dig them up and post a pic.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Sublime/Sixpack

OER may have some good stuff, but some of their parts I've purchased has been junk!
Good luck in your search for the correct center pieces.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

400sforever

Thanks! That'd be nice to see nos ones for sure

Nacho-RT74

and we are all expecting the 73/74 headlight fillers from them? ooooh... I think won't be something to be proud then
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

400sforever

Hopefully they get those right! They need to make themselves more accessible so we can comment on quality control issues like I've noticed

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 400sforever on September 03, 2017, 01:09:32 PM
Hopefully they get those right! They need to make themselves more accessible so we can comment on quality control issues like I've noticed

If you'd like to voice your opinion on quality control or other product issues, go to the source that decides what you the consumer buys, contact Robert Horton at....  mopar@trilicensing.com    as long as it pertains to products carrying the "Authentic Mopar Restoration" license logo

Nacho-RT74

Nooow thaaaats an interesting post!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

8WHEELER

Quote from: 400sforever on September 03, 2017, 01:09:32 PM

They are also a t0 mm screw now on the caps, not a big thing, but I had already got out the correct socket for the factory style caps, that I have worked on for 39 years now.
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Ghoste

It is kind of a big thing, it isn't like the SAE ones are not available or that they would add hundreds of dollars to the cost.  They substituted metric because it was easy, thats all.  IMO

400sforever

Are you guys in agreement that the mcb center caps have the correct bullseye? They look like my original 69 center caps. I'm going to call them today and order theirs most likely

odcics2

Vintage NOS stickers that go on the cap.  I got them right from the original vendor, many, many decades ago.  :coolgleamA: 

400sforever

Perfect!! Thank you for doing that. I called Matt at mcb restorations and I decided to try a set that they sell. I believe they are as correct as your originals. I never noticed the small differences in these until recently. Now its going to drive me nuts since I have too many of the wrong centers on other cars! Grr

Ghoste

Now I need to go home and look at the ones on my own car.  lol

odcics2

Quote from: 400sforever on September 05, 2017, 02:03:10 PM
Perfect!! Thank you for doing that. I called Matt at mcb restorations and I decided to try a set that they sell. I believe they are as correct as your originals. I never noticed the small differences in these until recently. Now its going to drive me nuts since I have too many of the wrong centers on other cars! Grr

My NOS appear to be more 'crisp' looking - the raised areas are higher.

Mytur Binsdirti

The title should read "Repro junk still".

Kern Dog

I thought you were going to Alaska???

400sforever

I'll post pics as soon as the Michigan ones arrive and see what you guys think