News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

POSTING PICS AND UPDATES THE RESTORATION AS IT UNFOLDS ON MY 69 DAYTONA CLONE

Started by kevs1969daytona, September 02, 2017, 03:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

kevs1969daytona

Well heres some pics of what arrived.

kevs1969daytona

more

kevs1969daytona

Got my head rest chrome trim today, got it for $30 shipping included (kijiji) from a lead off of this dodge charger forum

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on January 10, 2018, 04:39:24 PM
Got my head rest chrome trim today, got it for $30 shipping included (kijiji) from a lead off of this dodge charger forum

My bud needs head rest chrome - where did you get it, and is there a equivalent in the US?

Thanks!
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on January 08, 2018, 07:58:28 PM
Will also paint the drums Red and the Chin spoiler Red.

Everything you said was good up until this point.  That will look gaudy.   :Twocents:
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

kevs1969daytona

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on January 10, 2018, 07:13:19 PM
Quote from: kevs1969daytona on January 08, 2018, 07:58:28 PM
Will also paint the drums Red and the Chin spoiler Red.

Everything you said was good up until this point.  That will look gaudy.   :Twocents:

I seen some cars already have the chin spoiler same color as the wing, I thought would really stick out, looking at the front, but I was pretty sure you could get red colored drums from the factory ? heres a link

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,4972.0.html

kevs1969daytona

Worked on the head rest from my new seats tonight, the old one had been painted over the years Black in color.  Had to get an x-acto knife dig out the old molding took about 1 hour each, but turned out really good.

70 sublime

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on January 12, 2018, 10:59:10 PM
Worked on the head rest from my new seats tonight, the old one had been painted over the years Black in color.  Had to get an x-acto knife dig out the old molding took about 1 hour each, but turned out really good.

Pictures of how it turned out ? :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

kevs1969daytona

Actually kinda lied, my wife who is very crafty and makes jewelry actually dug it out, I watched from a distance having a couple of beer, but did help hold the molding down when we glued it in.  ;D

kevs1969daytona

Went by the body shop, Sean it tearing it down, kinda of a weird feeling, kinda like watch your pet dog have an operation, anyways, heres the pics, we found a dead mouse in the back seat.

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

kevs1969daytona

Yes thats why everything is been replaced, trunk floor, bumper brackets, gas tank, trunk extensions, quarter panels everything will be new all and replaced with AMD metal.  everything from the door forward are solid but the ass end is pretty much done for.   Sean from Clark Customs here in Edmonton is doing all the work, he's my "golden goose".  He's a MOPAR nut like the rest of us. Notice the plywood in the back seat, original dodge part very rare. lol

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

70 sublime

Make sure your back seat windows roll up and down easily right now when it is easy to see what they are doing and if any of the rollers are broken and need replacing 

kevs1969daytona

Quote from: 70 sublime on January 15, 2018, 09:18:23 AM
Make sure your back seat windows roll up and down easily right now when it is easy to see what they are doing and if any of the rollers are broken and need replacing 

Will do make sense when its apart thanks

kevs1969daytona

Did not find any build sheet under the seat but one dead mouse, nasty  :eek2:

kevs1969daytona

Heres some progress just test fitting the quarter panels and trunk pan, still waiting from classic industries on fuel tank and some other smaller parts.  last pic is an area that has to be addressed.  But Sean says it's an easy fix for him.  He found duct tape in the wheel holding it together.  Whoever did the body last really butchered it.  But this time around it's going to be done right.

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Charger-Bodie

Make sure you check tail light fit before paint. Very common for the buckets to welded in wonky.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

70 sublime

Looks like someone got carried away a bit with the sawsall cutting the trunk floor out and needs to weld it back up

kevs1969daytona

Steering Wheel and gas tank arrived, Steering was on sale everything$550.