News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

POSTING PICS AND UPDATES THE RESTORATION AS IT UNFOLDS ON MY 69 DAYTONA CLONE

Started by kevs1969daytona, September 02, 2017, 03:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70Sbird

Scott Faulkner

kevs1969daytona

Hes here now will find out if the valve hit the piston causing damage.

A383Wing

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on July 18, 2019, 03:25:28 PM
Guy who the build the engine is here now, thinks it was causing by the exhaust being trapped.

I for one would love to hear the logic and reasoning behind that statement........  :scratchchin:

I'm thinking possibly a valve got stuck closed, hence bent push rods and broken rockers......

kevs1969daytona

ya sounds crazy I think the the cylinder was full of fuel and could not get out and the intake could not close. Anyways Proform Rockers are garbage got some crane comps.
Put a topic under engines it's unbelievable what they produce.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,135771.0.html

kevs1969daytona

So engine is running again nothing damaged got crane comp rockers.   Tomorrow is Western Mopar Madness here in Edmonton. Says big chance of thunder stroms, not too sure, will cross my fingers.  But went to the meet and greet tonight saw this cool  Daytona.  It a real xx29 car.  mAybe it's a members car here.  Totally has that 80's muscle car look.  All jacked up and stuff. enjoy.

kevs1969daytona

Some pics from the car show this weekend.  This was Friday the meet a greet, but Saturday the real show was raining like a hurricane stayed in garage. 

BLK 68 R/T

Glad to hear you got it figured out. But what are crane comp rockers?

kevs1969daytona

LOL told you i'm not an engine guy, but what ever they are they work great. pretty sure they are these.

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/cca-1621-16/overview/

BLK 68 R/T

kevs1969daytona

Well bit a little time since my last post. Today my wood grain dash showed up, (classic industries) too be really honest very expensive it was $700 usa.   Anyways this is my second set got one for my 1970 R/T Charger.   So i learned something this time the new wood grain set comes with metal tabs that you can pull up.  On my 1970 Charger I grinded them down and glued them onto the back original stuff.  But today I look on the back of the original black dash there was original little square indents that I drilled out. They fit perfect with this new stuff,   Fitted ok.  Be careful this new stuff does not replace the original its a skinny face plate that goes on top.  And its very flimsy and it's scratches.

kevs1969daytona

Hey guys anyone who love MOPAR needs to check out this channel on youtube, it Canadian I know but this guy is HEMI crazy check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKxu_85y8YGFQcY11cJGNtA

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Stevetona

birdsandbees

Has he got his foot on the brake the entire time or is the switch set too low? Tail lights seem awfully bright..
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

kevs1969daytona

Got the car out of the body shop today, fixed the small problems, especially the wing color, looks awesome, only $440 about $300 USA.  Looks much better.

DAY CLONA

triple_green

What exhaust did you go with?

I like the end segment, My kid has a 2016 Egoboost Mustang with a GT350 body kit...
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

kevs1969daytona

kevs1969daytona

So someone on youtube has put a "history" story of the Daytona and at 3 mins I show up.  Kinda feel honored i Guess

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLQkKzUqkOg

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

kevs1969daytona

Side marker fixed, only cost $7, figured out what color the stripe is, it not Hemi Orange (not enough Red) hard to say this and please don't ban me from this site, but have a look at the pic.