News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Classic car insurance stolen denied?

Started by 1974dodgecharger, September 05, 2017, 10:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Why would a collector car insurance deny a claim when their car got stolen?  I know someone whos car got stolen and its been 2 months now if not 3 and insurance claims its NOT stolen and wont give him the pay out agreed value for it.  Maybe he is not telling me something...but if he doesn't have it he doesn't have the vehicle, right.

Baldwinvette77

it probably has something to do with the police report  :shruggy: lack of information? a guy on my street had his chevy cobalt rear ended almost a year ago, the car was written off and has probably been crushed by now but he still hasn't been paid, the report for the accident first said the mustang driver who rear ended him was at fault, but then changed to nobody was at fault.

dual fours

WHO IS THE INSURANCE CO.?
Read the Fine Print of your friends policy.
Sounds like the Insurance Co. is not working for the Insurer.
Lien against the car, Repossessed? But the owner should know about this one.
Insurance co. is suspicious with the circumstances surrounding the theft. They will dig deep into your life if need be.
Not enough pressure by the Insured on the Insurance co.
If you want answers, you have to ask questions.
The list could go on and on.

Dame, this is a bad situation your friend is in. Something is throwing up a Red flag. May be time to Lawyer up.

1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

68X426

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on September 05, 2017, 10:30:00 PM
Maybe he is not telling me something....

Maybe he didn't pay the policy premium.

Maybe he doctored the VIN, sold it, and filed a claim. 

Maybe he parked it and forgot where it is.

Or - likely that the insurer is challenging the "agreed" price as being wildly inflated, i.e. fraud.  Doesn't mean that they are correct, just he has some documenting to do.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

randy73

Quote from: 68X426 on September 06, 2017, 03:36:00 PM

Or - likely that the insurer is challenging the "agreed" price as being wildly inflated, i.e. fraud.  Doesn't mean that they are correct, just he has some documenting to do.

Cant be fraud if insurance company agreed to the value, a lot of times they hold out because the police have a lead or something similar.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: randy73 on September 07, 2017, 11:03:39 AM
Quote from: 68X426 on September 06, 2017, 03:36:00 PM

Or - likely that the insurer is challenging the "agreed" price as being wildly inflated, i.e. fraud.  Doesn't mean that they are correct, just he has some documenting to do.

Cant be fraud if insurance company agreed to the value, a lot of times they hold out because the police have a lead or something similar.

Like any Insurance company nowadays be it home, auto or personal, it's either "deny, deny, deny, deny, or delay, delay, delay, delay coverage before having to let $$$$ out of their account, they're either hoping it appears on police radar, or they're digging deep looking for any excuse not to pay the claimant....DAMHIK

Tilar

Quote from: DAY CLONA on September 07, 2017, 01:24:00 PM

Like any Insurance company nowadays be it home, auto or personal, it's either "deny, deny, deny, deny, or delay, delay, delay, delay coverage before having to let $$$$ out of their account, they're either hoping it appears on police radar, or they're digging deep looking for any excuse not to pay the claimant....DAMHIK

I was General Manager in a body shop for a while and came to the conclusion that Insurance companies have 2 rules they live by... 1) Make sure you do whatever you can to screw the insured or the body shop out of money... and 2) Do anything within legal limits to make sure rule #1 happens.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

smithenhiven

I had my daily driver Honda Fit stolen from me several years back.  Filed a police report, turned in the imsurance claim, I think I had to wait 30 days to see if the car surfaced, it didn't, and I was paid immediately.  The thing I found odd, was that about six months after that, the car actually did surface, and surprisingly it was in decent shape.  Aside from a few new dents and dings, it was still all there, looked like they joy rode it hard and then abandoned it.  I asked the insurance company if I could buy it back from them.  No response, each time I called I got "I can't say, I'll have to confirm that with a manager".  That never happened, and my little Honda was finally gone for ever, probably sold at an auction somewhere.

timmycharger

Quote from: Tilar on September 10, 2017, 06:39:45 PM
Quote from: DAY CLONA on September 07, 2017, 01:24:00 PM

I was General Manager in a body shop for a while and came to the conclusion that Insurance companies have 2 rules they live by... 1) Make sure you do whatever you can to screw the insured or the body shop out of money... and 2) Do anything within legal limits to make sure rule #1 happens.

Love this.  I've worked for 2 large insurance companies for the last 20 years or so and I have yet to see a directive that this is what we are supposed to do.   :shruggy:   People who are not in the industry think we sit around a table and say hmmm, how can we screw people over today, or my boss saying to me ok, I need you to deny every claim you see today okay? Its laughable.  It's not the wild west, there are governing bodies that constantly audit our files to make sure we are handling them properly.

Yes there are valid claims that should be and are paid properly, people get hurt or property gets damaged, but where is the outrage about fraudulent/staged claims, padded claims, jump in passengers, shady body shops or fake injuries that end up costing people hundreds more in premium per year?  States like MA, CA, RI to name a few have judges in the insurance arena that are so slanted towards the claimant it is literally impossible to stop paying a claim.  Just last week I saw a Workers comp claim where we had the guy on video working under the table while collecting a disability check and getting his oxy and percocets weekly that he was supposedly taking for his injury despite the medical reports showing none of these drugs were in his system when they did a urine test on him. 

You would think that any sane person would see this and say enough is enough but nope, the MA judge denied our request to stop his benefits so the game goes on.  So now the employer of this guy will have his premium skyrocket next year because of the benefits we have to pay out as the state is set up to penalize employers who have lots of claims.

Ok, I'm done with my rant, but whenever I hear that its always the insurance companies looking to screw people it really bothers me after seeing all of the shady crap for the last 20 years.